Salling outside Shopify

Solved
SanDiegoProjecT
1 0 0

I would like to know if I sell something outside shopify (Let's say I used a phonecall vendor) and it is a product that I have for sale on your website. Do I have to pay a percentage to you? 

0 Likes

Hi @SanDiegoProjecT , you will need to pay for each order. You can check out more information from Shopify pricing page

Dan from Ryviu
0 Likes
puneet_unbundl
Excursionist
34 3 9

This is an accepted solution.

You will pay transaction fee or Shopify fee, only if you receive an order on shopify platform. 

0 Likes
Summer
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
40 4 4

Hey, @SanDiegoProjecT!

This is Summer from the Social Care team at Shopify. Welcome to Shopify Community! That's a really great question about the fees on the orders you receive. @DanSP and @puneet_unbundl are right, however, I wanted to provide additional context on this for clarification.

Anytime an order is processed through your website and Shopify Payments or a third-party payment gateway is used to pay for the order, fees are incurred for the sale. If the customer uses Shopify Payments, credit card fees are paid, and if they use a third-party payment gateway, transaction fees are paid. You can find out how much these fees are on our pricing page. Make sure to scroll down to the lower right-hand corner of the page to set your country, so you can see the exact rates appropriate for your store.

The only time fees will not be incurred for an order made on your website is when you have a manual payment gateway activated in your store and this is selected by the customer when they check out. Manual payments are payment arrangements done outside of the Shopify checkout. Common types of manual payments are cash on delivery, money orders, and bank transfers. Additionally, transaction fees are not paid to us when a customer uses PayPal, Amazon Pay, or alternative payment methods when you have Shopify Payments activated at the same time.

Now, if you have completed a sale and received the payment outside of your Shopify website, this does not have to go through your customer-facing website; but if you want to record this order in your store, you can do so within the Shopify admin. What you can do is create a draft order and simply mark the order as paid. This method does not incur any fees as the payment was not processed through a payment gateway in Shopify.

If you tend to process a significant amount of orders outside of your website, you may want to consider sending your customers an invoice to make the transaction more professional. This can be done through the draft order, by clicking the Send invoice button, which we can see in the screenshot from a test store below, once you have filled out the order details.

alt

The conditions about the fees I have discussed still apply, so sending an invoice will allow the customer to see all the payment gateways you have on your checkout and may incur fees. However, providing the customer multiple payment options will also provide the ease of making an order, therefore it will raise the chances of the sale being completed. You always have the option to offer manual payments if this is preferred.

I hope this helps! Should you have any further questions, do let me know by responding to this post.

Summer | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes