Say hello to the lockdown baby!

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

yocial.png

Would appreciate the feedback on my store please. There would be faults and challenges, please help me access them before i go live. Thanks in advance and appreciate your support! 

https://yocial.xyz/

Password access is hello

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

yocial.png

One small request, if you could also suggest the apps i should install to make yocial.xyz a better place for the customers. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
137 22 91

Hi @yocial!  

I love the look of your store so far. Great job!

Some suggestions:

Homepage

• Hero image - Stick to one hero image rather than a rotating carousel. Studies show that rotating carousels are conversion killers, so just stick to you. Make sure there’s a CTA button on it as well. While your hero images are linked, it’s not obvious enough for people to click on it. 
  • Banner - Simplify the text. It’s too long for a banner. 
  • Secondary banner - After you launch and as you get more visitors, watch how people are using that COVID banner. You have your contact information in the footer as well, so having it also in the header is overkill. For the COVID aspect though, you’ll want to evaluate it with a heatmap, which shows where people click, to see if it needs to be front and center or if it can be in the footer for now. 
  • Collections - I really like the layout of your featured collections. My biggest suggestion here is to not use “Latest” as a collection. Your visitors are looking for specific products, and “latest” isn’t going to be helpful to them. Try trending/best sellers instead. 
  • Scroll depth - Use a heatmap to see how far down the homepage people scroll. My initial thought is that they probably won’t be scrolling very far and stick to the main navigation. As you get more traffic, evaluate it. In general, I would remove the “This is inspiration” and Summer Sale since they take you the same collection. Additionally, New On Yocial can be removed as well. 
  • For your featured customer support icons, make sure they are all linked. Free shipping would go to the shipping page, Support 24/7 would go to your contact page, etc. 
  • Your Messenger-based live chat is covered by your scroll back to the top button. 
  • Speaking of live chat, I would caution you on using a Messenger-based service. While it’s good to have live chat on it, it takes visitors away from your website. You want to be able to answer their questions while they are still on your website rather than from Facebook Messenger.
  • Take out your Search and About Us information from the bottom of the page. The reality is that few people are going to reach it, and they would naturally want to search from the top of the page rather than the bottom. 

Be sure to link your @ Follow Us On Instagram feature to your account, and start generating posts on your account now. I assumed that those pictures were from your account, but your account has zero posts. If a visitor saw that, they may question the authenticity of your store. 

Footer
It feels really full. Five columns is a lot of information! I would suggest reducing the number of columns by moving your “Get In Touch” to a contact page and removing the Categories. 

• About Us: Tell us who “we” are. Link to your social media accounts you mention. 
  • Privacy Policy: Link the URLs included.
  • Refund Policy: Link your email address. Be mindful of these generic refund policies. It’s obvious (you don’t see VHS tapes, right?) and it’s still vague. Since you are shipping products, double-check if your refund policy should be from purchase date or the date it was received.  
  • Terms of Service: Link your email address. 
  • Shipping Policy: Clarify what costs customers can expect. Using “...available at extra cost” isn’t reassuring. Go that extra step and clarify it. 
  • COVID-19 Response: Link your email address. 
  • Coupons & Discounts: Link your coupon codes. Also, make it clear what the code they should use. It took a few minutes for me to figure out that 2TEES100 was the code to use. 

Navigation
At first, I liked the simplicity of your main navigation. With five, it’s a perfect number. However, as I’ve cleaned into it, it could use a little bit of updating. I would highly suggest watching session recordings, which act like a DVR for your website, to see how visitors engage with it after the store goes live.

Other things I found:

• Collections: Take down the NEW highlight. Other than that, no changes. It’s great.
  • Categories: This is really confusing. This would likely work better as filters in your collections rather than in a Categories page. Visitors aren’t primed to search for categories like that. They typically want to find something like Men > T-shirt with filters for Best Sellers, Clearance, Funny, Motivational, etc.
  • Inspiration: You’re going to feel this one out as you go live. Use session recordings and heatmaps to see if people engage with it or ignore it. I think it’s pretty cool but may be ineffective. 
  • The Blog: Like the others, evaluate it after launch. You may be able to let it stay in the footer. 

Product Pages
For reference, I’m on the Do Something Today! shirt. The ordering process is pretty easy. A few suggestions:

• Add in shipping information. 
  • Add a description. Right now the description isn’t helpful to visitors. I would remove the SKU, Categories and Tags. Replace it with a great description, including information about the product’s material.
  • Remove the lower tabs. For visitors who don’t scroll, that information would be lost. Instead, focus just on a description and reviews. 
  • Run a poll if someone views a product to promote your discounts. 

You have a really fun store here, and I can’t wait to see how it evolves. As you launch, use visitor behavior to understand what’s working and what’s not working. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, live chat, polls and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck! 

Cheers - 

Danny

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

yocial.png

WOW! Astounding analysis! Thank you @LuckyDanny! I really appreciate your feedback. I have been continiously reading the feedback again and again & listing down the changes that i will be making on the site today. I'm not a techie and would have to learn and unlearn a lot of things! So my next job is to practically demonstrate the pointers that you have suggested & I will install Lucky Orange by the eod!   

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

yocial.png

@LuckyDanny whats your feedback on the tshirt designs? Would you buy such designs? What's missing? Would really appreciate if you could do this analysis as well. Thanks in advance! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
65 1 11

Hey @yocial 

Congrats on your site , really love the design of you site and Im so glad to see a website that is well built , i really like the way the logo looks and I'm really impressed with the colors chosen , it adds up the visual appeal of the site . i really like the designs of the products that you have displayed , its really build up the trend , and its really a goo point that you have added hero images and also covid 19 images to show you support . I'm from a design profession so i would really like to give you some design suggestions .

1. the landing page looks good , small tweaks such as the better images on your landing page will help improve the look 
2.i feel the product catalog page needs to be more asymmetric , i know its boring but its less distracting for the users eye i feel
3. the flow fro the website needs to be checked as it needs to optimsed on load timings so that to give a smooth experience to the user 
4 Use product labels for you website as it increases sales , ill leave. link below to help you with that 

Stay Safe
Zabu

https://apps.shopify.com/modemagic?&utm_source=shopify_community&utm_medium=group&utm_campaign=store...

Increasing Sales one Sticker at a time
https://apps.shopify.com/modemagic
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello @yocial ,

I just had a look at your store, your store looks great. I have a few suggestions for you hope they might help you.

• Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
  • Try adding some sale offers to your products to attract customers.

I hope our feedback helps you.

Thanks,

Droppersstop

Droppersstop is an aliexpress dropshipping app that imports products from aliexpress to your Shopify store.The following are the features of droppersstop:-
Free plan available, Importing products from aliexpress individually, Bulk importing from aliexpress, Pricing automation, Inventory price and stock auto-update, Product customization, Automated order fulfillment.
0 Likes