I made a thread a few days ago asking for feedback and I did get great advice. I implemented almost all of them and made a few changes to my store.
How's it looking now?
I'm just at the very beginning, I didn't run any ads yet.
I would love to provide some recommendations for your store. By the way, I love your products and your store looks so professional!
Your store design is pretty good, includes in the arrangement sections, the spacing between the elements inside and other sections. However, I have some suggestions:
- People will trust more if they can see the product's reviews and that's why I recommend a Testimonial section for your store. You can add product's reviews under every product or make it like a collection like that
2, Color of the footer
- In my opinion, the font colour of the heading and text in the footer is not suitable for the background colour. If you set the white color, then you need a background color that highlights the text.
3, No links
"Link to all our blog posts - Click me!". Click me doesn't have any link. You can check again
- You should not leave a blank like this. You can add an image here
Page speed is one of the very important factors for a good online store. Basically, the page speed of your store on the desktop device is pretty good, but you should notice the page speed on the mobile device as well.
There are some images that need to be optimized
- Here is the article that talks about Page speed and how to have a faster loading time for the online store. You can check it.
They are just some of my comments. I've gotta leave now. But if you have more questions on other pages type, you can leave your question is this topic, I'll be sure to answer :)
The site overall looks decent. Massage gun has become quite popular lately, so you should be ready for some competition. Since you offer different brands, I think you have an advantage over the sites that offer only one type of that tool.
I have also heard a lot of influencers talk about it, so it is a great product to sell:)
-Here are a couple of things that you might want to put into consideration:
Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer
-90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is a social proof. In my opinion that is an essential of every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site.
For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave.
We have 10 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts etc.
There is a free plan available also, we are offering an extended trial on the COVID-19 period.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
Take care and stay healthy <3
The store looks quite "professional" with some changes to add on. The following changes need to be done:
Wish the new advancement leads to better changes in the store performance.
Thank you for your comment, mate.
1. I do see a value in it, but I also see how it can jeopardize my business. You see, I don't sell discounted items and I don't go for the lowest price on the market - You can clearly see I didn't mention price as a benefit of buying from me. There's a reason, since I want to build a brand. These are dropshipped items, although the brand that advertises them (Thruster) should be somewhat respectable and shouldn't appear like a cheap market stall. I might implement these discounts in the future for sure, just not as a main marketing strategy, because my price isn't and won't ever be the lowest on the market.
4. It actually had these, but then it didn't include the FAQ, since Shopify works with pre-created menus and not sole links, that means I could have my header menu or my legal menu etc. I chose to put the main menu + the FAQ since the legal manu is accessed just below that, through Shopify's legal pages section of the Theme. I mean where it says "Powered by Shopify".
5. I'm sure, but since I'm not yet a legal business, I can't use any payment gateway that isn't PayPal Express. This means in the future, after getting a sale or two, I'll create an LLC (or the equivalent of an LLC in my country), then I'll be able to use proper payment gateways.
6. I agree, but since my product selection is very narrow, it's not critical right now. I'll sure add them in the future.
7. I already use AiTrillion, but I'll check Growave.
Whatever I didn't address, I agree 100%!
Thank you for taking your time and answering me, mate.
I am so glad that you are so much aware of the Shopify set up and store building.
Let me know if there is anything else you need help with.
One element I would like to recognize. Is that the whole thing what you discover on my
keep like problems or is there more?
Also I became fascinated to create an facebook add and I am interested to make
the ones one like aliexpress has with a whole lot of products to slip,