See cute smiling babies in exchange for your feedback!

Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 0

Hi everyone,

I've had very helpful advice in these feedback forums previously.

Our store is www.bitsybon.com. The store has been open for about 2 months, but is an offshoot of another store we ran online that was mainly in French. Lots to learn and figure out!

Traffic was steady during the Christmas rush, and has picked up despite Jan being traditionally slow. Our traffic is mainly from Facebook ads. We were running around 85% of visitors from FB, but that is now down to the low 70s so we're getting some repeat visitors, word of mouth, Google PPC, and email campaigns.

Conversion rate is around 1.00-1.25%. I think in general, conversion rates in this industry/niche are low. But would love to hear others' experiences.

We haven't really done much SEO other than a couple of cheap freelancers but no idea if that's helping or not but that's on the to-do list. 

Any feedback/suggestions welcome, from high level to micro detail.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
386 34 155

Hi @BitsyBon 

I know how important it is get a full feedback from a neutral party, therefore will separate my notes that I took while browsing your site into a few sections and I truly hope you will find them useful. 

First impression

The pastel colors that you used are quite calming and cooperated with each other. The site itself is pretty simple to browse around. From the very first second of being on your site, a visitors understand what you are offering right away. 

Homepage 

It is my first time seeing reviews on a hero banner, and I support that idea a lot. However, I suggest using high resolution images there. Hero banner is probably the very first and the most important section of creating first impression. It is also a marketing asset, therefore designing it thoroughly is crucial. 

The rest of the page is very detailed yet easy to understand, I suggest leaving it as it is. 

The only thing I would recommend, is try to stick to one container size. Let's say you started off with a wide banner, keep the rest in that wide sizing as well. 

For instance, you can make this section here the same size as the Reviews section above.

Screenshot_20.png

That way your landing page will look smoother. It is not too crucial, but it is good to take into account. 

Product Page 

Looks great honestly.

Customer experience 

On mobile your site loading speed is low. 

Screenshot_22.png

See how many of your customers use mobile and if the percentage is high work on fixing that. 

Make more research on that, take a look on CSS that is not being used, use lazy load to optimize the speed. 

Create more social engagement. Add Referral programs, discounts etc. They all will "breathe in" life into your store. 

For enhancing customer experience, I suggest using our app Growave  It has over 10 features and does not affect your page loading speed.

Once you have that, I am sure your sales will increase significantly. 

Hopefully I managed to help you, if so please let me know by liking this  post or marking it as a solution. 

Good luck! 

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more 

Increase conversions with ease here
1 Like
Highlighted

hey @BitsyBon 

Your site looks amazing!

Was going through the homepage & some of the blankets for the products. The personalisation process if smooth and the design looks great.

The only thing that I can think to work on would be creating sub-pages or navigation by tags (so it is easier to search & filter) for certain design types!

Working on...
1. Product Lens (App that helps the middle of the funnel marketing)
2. Strategy + Tactics: Marketing Blog
3. Want store feedback? Try this free tool (You gotta give to receive)
4. 60-day SEO email course
5. FB Marketing 102 email newsletter
1 Like
Highlighted

Hi  Sondra

Great to see another Canadian in here. Interesting product and a decent site so far. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. I feel the site needs a bit more polish to take it up a level to have a strong brand and design POV. Right now I can not tell what your brand is.

2. Carousels have been proven to kills conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders

3. Make sure the main product images for each product has the same theme / style as some have white vs non-white background right now. This is going to help tie your site together when people are looking at your collection pages

4. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. XY Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

Product Page  Feedback

1. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. A lot of products I saw only had 1 or 2 images

2. Add a section at the bottom of product pages to show your most viewed/bought items from the site. This can help increase your average order value

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted

Hello,
Very interesting idea of your store, "the bitsies" looks very cute ;)
If you are interested in finding out the conversion rate of each product or collection (right in the product page), please try (for free) our new "InSites" app, (which is in the final beta - before listing in App Store).

I would really appreciate your feedback.
Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
70 2 1

Hi BitsyBon,

I love your beautiful toys, they are adorable! Have you thought about using Klarna as a pay later option? Klarna is a great way to increase sales and traffic to your online store. The best thing is we take all of the risk, you get paid right away. Here is a little more information and getting started is easy.

https://www.klarna.com/us/business/get-started/

Hope this helps!

Samantha

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1051 53 157

Hey @BitsyBon 

For getting more conversions and sales you can target your customers by sending automated emails that help to improve the relevancy and timeliness of your campaigns. You can use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action. For some reason unknown to you, they leave without making a purchase but with email automation, you can make sure that this user receives an email shortly after they abandoned their cart, reminding them of what they left behind and asking if they need help completing their purchase. In this case, email marketing automation turns a missed opportunity into an opportunity to build a stronger relationship and make a sale.

Start using a loyalty program and referral program to entice your customers. It will help you build a loyal customer base. You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like signing up, allowing for web push notifications, make a purchase, visiting a store and many more.

This will help in doubling the sales as when you give loyalty points to your customers they will come again on your store to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. You can give rewards to your customers to redeem those points.

If you would like to implement all these I would suggest you to install AiTrillion.com It has all the features in a single app and is a fully integrated app. It is all in one Shopify app. Plus you don't need to install multiple apps. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes