Hey Shopify peeps! Happy to share that my website, www.shellyslollies.com, launched yesterday. It is the third website I have created via shopify - 2nd business that I own. It features my own brand of old fashioned lollipops and hard candy. I used the theme Sunrise. I am hoping to get feedback on navigation, ease of use, grammar errors, and even more important what could I do better to convince visitors to linger and ultimately buy. Also, if you just like it, please share what you like about it. I have had some great feedback from colleagues, but sure there is still room for improvement. Note: not all the flavors I offer and make are on the website yet. I am updating daily adding new ones as products are made and product photos are taken. Thanks in advance for any and all feedback!
Hello @ShellyL, I hope you are doing well! here are few suggestions that you can work on:
- Add policies in the footer.
- Add a call to action button on the banner image.
- Display the collection on the home page.
- Showcase reviews on the homepage and product page.
- Add a loyalty rewards program. You can start giving loyalty points to your customers on different activities like signing up, visiting a store, making a purchase, allowing for push notifications, sharing or following on social media. This will help you to entice your customers and retain them. You can reward your customers in order to redeem those points. When you will give points to them they will come again in the future to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. This encourages repeat purchases which increase sales and help in retaining your customers.
- Add web push notification. Retarget customers with the help of push notifications even when they are not in your store.
- Add a Live Chat to never lose any of your customers.
If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.
Hope this Helps!
Thanks for the input! When you say navigation bar do you mean the menu? If so that is something I cannot make sticky. I also don't think it is necessary to put the logo in the navigation bar - it is in the header and in other places on the website. Too much can be overkill, I think. But good points never the less! ShellyL
Thanks for the input. It is hard to read it as if you are coming from the perspective of a customer/innocent person who came upon the website and offering help or doing it as a form of "spam" to hype up your business. It would be helpful if you can share what device and browser you are seeing the website - smart phone, laptop, etc.
To your points...
1. Policies are in the FAQ as well as when people check out. I believe this is more than enough.
2. Call to action button. Are you referring to the "banner ad" that just says lollipops and hard candy or the slideshow with rotating info (that is clickable) if one wants to access say the flavor of the month. I believe call to action buttons would be overkill.
3. Display the collection on the home page. Need to be specific as there are 3 teasers on the home page and one listing all the collections available plus access to all products and collections via the menu options.
4. Showcase reviews. Don't have any yet, but mean time I have been able to get happy customers sharing selfies of themselves licking/enjoying our lollipops. So far that has been working well.
5. Loyalty reward programs. Not there yet. Just launched and running and keeping track of that is too much of a nightmare at this point in time as the lollipops are being sold once a month at physical events, in 3 gift shops and now online - I have multiple other ways to drive traffic to the website involving social media and emailing customers sharing new products, listing upcoming events we will be at and sharing unique coupon codes for various occasions.
6. Push notifications. Will entertain this later, but now just focused on optimizing the website - fixing errors, broken links, etc.
7. Add live chat. Will be doing this soon, but again see #6.