Seeking your feedback on our newly launched site for DIY kits

2 0 0

We launched our site on April 27th. We are seeing some steady traffic, particularly in the last three days due to some ads on Facebook and Google. Averaging 50 uniques per day. We're not blowing the doors off, but it's a start.

So far, we have no sales and analytics is showing that very few people progress past the first page. Your candid feedback is very much appreciated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
10 0 16

Hey Alex,

I like the design and look. I feel like the About Us could really use some beefing up. It's an opportunity for you to share your business' and your story.

I also think on your home page, it's not immediately clear what you're offering. 

Something like a header or the first slider image with something like "We give you awesome DIY crafting kits so you can complete amazing projects" or something along those lines. 

I honestly was unsure what you were offering immediately until I looked around. Just my humble opinion, I'm unfamiliar with the industry so it could simply be that. But I'm sure some people landing on the website might feel the same way. Just my humble opinion.

I hope that helps!

Content Marketer @ Shopify
0 Likes
2 0 0

Thanks for the feedback - I think you are right about the landing page not spelling out what it is we sell. 

I did some research on all of my unique "visits" and I contacted Google because I am very suspicious about the activity Google is sending my way. I watched about five visitors (through Google real time) go to the home page and stay there for a solid five minutes. Also noticed that our direct traffic goes way up whenever our ads are active. It feels like bot traffic to me.

0 Likes