Seen tons of videos, read articles. 3rd webshop. Not a single conversion.

Highlighted
1 0 1

Hi!

Im a bit frustrated that i haven't managed to get a single conversion. I've tried 3 webshops now. One for baby clothes, one for a lint roller and now earphones.

I just cant seem to land that first sale. I got around 200-600 people checking out each site.

Any suggestions? This is my "flagship" right now: https://in-earphones.com/products/soundcore-liberty-neo-true-wireless-earphones

Any help is appreciated!

Kindly,
Benjamin

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
177 26 109

Hi @Namlich

I’m sorry for your frustration. It’s not easy when you put so much effort into a store and not see the conversions. Let’s see what we can do.

Are you using any visitor behavior tool? Things like heatmaps (to see where people click) or session recordings (to watch what happened during a visit) are going to be key here. Watching videos and reading advice is fine, but it doesn’t show you what your visitors are doing.

Are you attracting the wrong audience?
What do they do on your site?
Is there any information that’s missing?

Why are they hesitant to buy, or is there a barrier to the conversion?

When you understand what your visitors do and where they click, you get a better idea of why it’s not working.

Right off the bat, I see a few things:

1. You need a logo. “In-earphones.com” as text isn’t a logo, and it can make people question your site. Create a logo! Here’s Hatchful from Shopify to get started.
  2. Don’t forget the Favicon. Once you get the logo set, you’ll be able to focus on that favicon.
  3. Your banner isn’t linked. I know it may like a duh moment because you have one page and one product, but people are going to be clicking on it. You can use a heatmap to see how people are interacting with it.  
  4. Rethink your navigation and organization. If you only have one product, you don’t need a catalog page. 

I see two big issues:

First, your homepage. If I click “Home,” I see the hero image, but “Liberty Neo” doesn’t mean anything to me yet. I can’t tell that this is for earbuds/earphones at this point.

Secondly, your product page needs to be updated. I would watch recordings to see how people see and navigate this page. There is a lot of text that buries the most important information. Things like free shipping, the money-back guarantee and customer support is buried to nearly the bottom of the page.

Let’s break this down:

• The product images are acting like a hero image, but I don’t know if they’re selling it enough for you. This isn’t a name brand, and it takes up all of the page above the fold. Watch recordings to see what people do when they get here. A different layout may be better.
  • Also, you have some duplicates within the images among your hero images AND the description. 
  • Because there is so much going on, the “Add to Cart” button gets lost for me. Test it with different colors or flip-flopping the description with the ordering information. Again, use recordings and heatmaps to see what’s working (or not). 
  • The description needs work. What are people most interested in? As I read it, I don’t know if this is selling your product well. If you look at heatmaps, you can see where people clicked. Are there terms or aspects that generated more interest? If I were a customer, Graphene Drivers wouldn’t mean anything to me, but having earphones that are easy to customize and have 5+ hours of wireless playtime on one charge catches my attention. 
  • There’s no other information available on the site - no FAQs, shipping, contact, social media, etc. If someone wants to get in touch with you, they have to go through the chat. You need to give more options here to help build that trust in your brand. 

Finally, let’s talk about the chat. I like that you have chat, but it’s not engaging enough. It’s not going to stop me from leaving. 

I would find a chat system that has auto invites. These let you set criteria (i.e., stayed on your site for more than 30 seconds without adding a product to the cart), and when someone meets that criteria, it triggers an invitation to chat. It’s more than just a generic “Chat with us” that stays in the corner. It can be something like, “Do you have any questions about the Liberty Neo Earphones?”

You really do have a good start here, and visitor behavior is going to play a starring role in helping find what’s stopping people from converting. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, live chat and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps, Benjamin. I am excited to see how you grow this store and believe you will start seeing sales pour in soon. Good luck!

Cheers -
Danny

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Navigator
252 10 32

@Namlich 

Obviously it's not going to be easy, if it is everybody is going to make it. What you're going through right now is what frustrated every entrepreneur, and it is what differentiate those who make it from the rest. 

So if you want some tutorials and advice, you can check out our blog. But I think the best thing to do in your situation right now is to assess what you're doing wrong, come up with a potential solution and keep trying until you succeed. Cliche, but true.

Avada is an e-commerce solution provider based in the heart of Vietnam where the best developers unite. Founded in 2017 by Mageplaza, Avada is responsible to complete the mission to help 1 million online businesses grow revenues.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1957 123 433

Hey In-Earphones,

First of all, the homepage is too small and lags some basic elements without which no eCommerce store can be considered complete. Apart from the things mentioned above, some add-ons to be taken care of are: 

• "Terms and conditions" are the "essential trust indicators" to retain the "customer faith and trust" and hence, must be added to the site footer.
  • "About Us" section briefly describing about the "store's origin and ideas to succeed and its mission" is missing.
  • "Get in touch" with a contact form should be added as well.
  • Trust badges like "Free shipping, Money-back Guarantee and Customer support" should be added to the homepage as well for better brand authenticity.
  • The most popular way of coming in the mind and sight of the customers is through Social Media. Hence, adding Facebook, Instagram and other business page links to the footer might help.
  • You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  • Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  • Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with the search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

All the best for your first sale!

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes