Selling Photography online

Solved
Excursionist
21 0 3

Hi Shopify-Enthusiasts,

please rate my store and give me hints what could be done better. 
Thank you!

https://bild-ahoi.de

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 2

Hi,

Server responses are too slow, even up to 2 seconds on some pages. There are duplicated meta descriptions on many products, many images are missing alt text. 

https://www.pulno.com/shared/47bd0b29731b1811 - link to basic SEO audit report.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
21 0 3
Thank you!
What could I do to speed it up?
I could optimize my pictures, but isn't this done on uploading? I need a good image quality and a decent size. I know that a lot of the images are still missing alt tags, I will do this every few days when I export the csv because I will then in gdocs use concatenate "wall art photographie" and "title" as my alt tag. Is this a good alt tag?
What are meta descriptions?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 2

Probably your hosting server if slow or overloaded. It's not the problem of image size but server response during webpage build. https://www.shopify.com/blog/how-to-write-meta-descriptions - this is a great article about shopify meta descriptions.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Great store. I love a lot of the art pieces. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. Carousels have been proven to kills conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders

2. Add links to your footer for about us, return/refund, FAQ, and shipping policy. I didn't see these pages on your site and they are ones customers will look for

Product Page  Feedback

1. A lot of information is contained in the drop down items.... delivery times and right size for mural... not sure how I feel about that. It was a lot more information then I was expecting. Is any of the content the exact same on each product page? Maybe you can make it a footer link

2. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
21 0 3
Thanks for the link, very helpful!
The side is hosted by Shopify, is there another method?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
21 0 3
And thank you, Duane, too.
I will probably change the carousel slider then. I read about that in the link in the first answer too.

The links you mentioned in 2. are in the main menu, top right entry "rechtliches". Is the footer better for that?

That content below every product is actually the same page that is linked in the main menu. I could shorten that to a TL;DR with the most important infos and then link the pages with the complete infos.

We actually have a 4.7/5 rating an google and 5/5 on Facebook under our old name, that will be changed everywhere soon. Unfortunately Facebook is not very fast with changes on the username/page name. Our old name has just been a generic made up wird that sounded nice. We realized that this was not good for us and changed it to "pic ahoy" because all our pictures are related to the sea and maritime theme and ahoy is an expression of attention and speed, and also kind of a greeting in northern Germany.

Any tipps on how to embed the reviews? Just copy and paste or with an app, so people can click on them and see they are real? We probably can not use real names and pictures without permission in Germany because of privacy laws.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Usually those links are better in the footer as they help clean up the main menu and have the main menu focus on the product. Linking to page with all the information is better as it helps make sure you don't have duplicate content on each page, which is bad for SEO. Some clients use yopto for reviews, but you could just use a Google Reviews logo, say see our reviews and then link to your out to your Google reviews page.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
486 26 98

Hi @Bild-Ahoi 

Really good job on launching your store. I think there isn't a ton to change, but I'm going to nitpick anyways, because there is always room for improvement :D.

After looking I couldn't find a sense of urgency. By using urgency, you can make your visitors feel like they are missing out unless they order immediately. The 'Fear of Missing Out' that they experience, will increase your ability to convert them into buyers. One app that can help you with that is https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown . It really can make a big difference in getting your customers to buy from you

Did you think about adding a blog. If you had a blog you would be able to drive more organic traffic to your store, plus it would help establish yourself as an expert.

An important thing I couldn't find is a FAQ section. Customers often times will want a lot of information before they make a decision to purchase. Adding an FAQ section with information about things like shipping rates, returns, and anything else relevant can help your customer more easily make a decision to purchase

You might consider adding reviews. It would be good to add reviews for your products. Think about it when was the last time you bought a product without reading the reviews first? I think you should definitely add some reviews.

You know your store is actually quite good, and I think with just a bit of love and care, you will be able to really succeed.

If this helped you consider signing up for my free email course at https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

1 Like
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Partner
945 46 135

Honestly, I need to appreciate you for showing up with such a captivating store. You have amazing products and everything is aesthetically appealing. 

You can start giving loyalty points to your customers on different activities like signing up, visiting a store, making a purchase, allowing for push notifications. This will help you to entice your customers and retain them. You can reward your customers in order to redeem those points. When you will give points to them they will come again in the future to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. This encourages repeat purchases and helps in retaining your customers.

You need to engage your visitors coming on your site by giving loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value. You can add a chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers. You can add web push notification which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers. You will be able to retain your customers for the long term. You have stunning products in your store but you are lacking in engagement features. 

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
1 Like