Selling an Unusual Art Product - No sales after 2 months.

Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Everyone

I am writing to see if anyone has feedback for my store: http://www.childish.online which is a social business that sells art reproductions created by kids from all over the world, and we put profits towards art programs for kids.

I've had no sales after two months. And even with frequent social media activity, very few followers.

I have done a tonne of pr writing, and had a bit of small press, and invested 100 Euros into Adwords, with no conversions.

I spent a lot of time developing the brand.  

Is it just that there is no demand for the product or am I missing something?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thx,

Laura

www.childish.online

1 Like
5 0 0

Hi Laura. Love the idea. I couldn't take a better look because the sign up with your email wouldn't let me see anything or get pass it unless I connected with my email address. 

All the best,

Robin

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Robin

Thanks for your comment.  The sign up should dissappear if you click anywhere on the screen.  Can you please check again?  Thanks,

Laura

0 Likes
Explorer
57 0 18

I like the overall idea for your store. But I think that you should make your product stand out more. Right now, your page looks like a website of some gallery, where you don't even know if you can buy their art. And sometimes, you don't even know if you are looking at an art or just an online image.

Make your products stand out more, attach a big price next to them and a "Buy now!" button, so your visitors will know what can be purchased and what not.

Adele
0 Likes
Explorer
258 0 21

I'd sell somewhere that has traffic already like Etsy and then build the website up once you've got some momentum from there.

0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 1

What organizations do you donate the money to? Couldn't find that out quickly, so seems a bit scammy. Not saying it is, but I don't know you from adam. Maybe links to the charities? 

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi rockAbaby

That info is on the first page in a section marked 'What will my purchase support'?  We are not putting links to specific organizations yet, because we are new and have yet to contribute.  We are transparent that we have yet to donate anything yet, but have outlined out goal for money raised in the summer months...

Thanks for your feedback!

0 Likes