Hi Shopify World,
This is a low budget fitness product store I've worked on for months and months now. Put in a lot of work and research. https://fitnesspartan.myshopify.com/ Password is eushau
Had anxiety two weeks back when I posted on here and realised that there were a lot of great points some of you've made & needed addressing.
Then, I decided I wanted to go the extra mile and hire someone on Fiverr (don't judge) to just "tweak up" anything I had possibly missed! Spent close to $100 CAD doing that, which again I didn't mind.
Before I complete and launch this week, I would greatly appreciate ANY feedback or TWEAKS that you feel can be made now, than later!
Regarding cart and theme, it is Brooklyn, and cannot be modified much, even sidebar tabs I wanted it to be more 'visible' but since its under a basic theme, it cannot be done =/.
Sarah - Fitness Spartan
I'm totally new to ecommerce so my opinion is strictly from the viewpoint of a consumer. First of all, your site looks slammin. I love the theme, the graphics you used, the whole enchilada.
The only thing that stands out to me is that on the home page you have the 1-5 star indicator below the product pics and the product titles, and it really is glaring that they're all blank. In other words, you can easily tell it's a brand new store which I wonder if that's a negative to potential customers. That's a great feature but I wonder if you can turn it on once you have reviews? I'm struggling with the same thing; no reviews, testimonials or stars to brag about. Uphill battle but I'm sure we can do it!
If you don't mind, would you take a look at my site and give me your consumer feedback? I'm struggling with conversions big time and I don't know why. www.offspringthings.com
Thanks in advance!
Hi @fitnesspartan !
Welcome to Shopify and congrats on your store!
1. I think, you need to move your logo on the left side, now it looks a bit weird, that it is in the center.
2. Add a favicon.
3. The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand for it? Does that mean the product is bad?
Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.
4. The items in your store are something that every person will need in their lives. Therefore, I recommend using a Referral program by Growave to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that.
5. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.
6. Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
7. Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.
8. Add a blog page, blog page helps you to share more about your website and products which increases your site visibility.Your e-commerce blog will not only drive more traffic to your website—but it will increase your conversions too. Your blog will make you feel more credible and relatable, which will provide new clients with a greater sense of confidence in their purchases.
9. Clear CTAs - help to show what to do next. Hero banner on your homepage is a key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about.
For adding the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave.
We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc.
There is a free plan available.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
I checked your site and overall it looks good but I would highly recommend enhancing UX/UI experience with below suggestions:
-Enable customers to add the products from the homepage and collection pages. You can provide an "Add to cart" or "View" button on the products on hover. This will reduce the step while making a purchase.
-Create and link other social media platforms such as Instagram, Youtube, Pinterest, and Youtube. I can imagine that It might take time to maintain the new profiles from scratch but you can start with posting your product photos there.
-The checkout system is disabled (https://prnt.sc/tp73jr). This might be intentional, I presume.
-When I click on "Add to cart", it leads me to the cart page. Well, no error in that but I suggest you enable the users to add the products to the cart while staying on the same page after adding. Regex carts work like a charm for this.
-Humanize the site and give the chatbox an image: https://prnt.sc/tp77nz
-In a single product page, make the "add to cart" and image sticky like this: https://prnt.sc/tp7fva. So that even when the user scrolls down to the description they don't lose the sight of the image and add to cart button.
Above were some of the UX/UI suggestions. LMK if it helps or if more needed.
While checking the site I found that the site is not yet SEO optimized, I suggest you optimise it ASAP if you want to be seen on Google results when people search for related queries for eg. "fitness products". Below are the SEO things that found missing from the site:
-Unoptimized/missing meta title and descriptions: https://prnt.sc/tp7cbo
-Found 2 H2s on the homepage: https://prnt.sc/tp7cwh. Each page should have only 1 H2 which describes the whole page.
-Make the URLs SEO optimized. Include keywords in them
-Make sure to add XML and HTML sitemaps to the site: https://prnt.sc/tp7gxp. This gets little technical here but it sums up in simple words these help search engines like Google to scan and display your site in search results. Also, I suggest you use "Google Analytics" tool by Google to measure and analyse your site.
There are many more suggestions and fixes that I can suggest so lmk if you need more, I can make a doc for you add all suggestions (free of cost). Just helping out startups during COVID-19 to grow and flourish.
I think I saw your store in its last iteration. I have a few observations to add:
I hope this advice helps out.
Thanks Sajay! Appreciate the second glance and the details you've provided. I've shared these concerns with the freelancer that is working on the glitchs. Yes, I def agree regarding products all being on sale. Thanks for pointing that out! Hopefully he fixes the errors! I also agree about too many products on the home page, I wasn't sure at first, as I noticed alot of dropshipping websites had a lot of products on the home page when scrolling down, but I def do feel it gives an unclean outlook I suppose.
Wow! Thank you so very much! You def nailed a lot of the errors and tweaking needs. Specially by adding the images, I've compressed what you've mentioned, along with what others have said in a word document to the freelancer I have hired. I def do regret hiring someone from Fiverr right about now! Now I know for the future I suppose =). Hoping he is able to fix these errors, as there hasn't been too much done.