Several questions

natalia1000
Excursionist
18 1 4

Hello 

I am new to this and have sooo many questions. Here are a few:

1. I can’t seem to set up my credit card payment method. It just has the express and then not the credit card. When I went into the set up it says it’s set up but when I did a test trial it wasn’t showing up. 
2. I am dropshipping with spocket. Confused about shopping. Does spocket set the shipping fees? Why do I have a shipping app then? Not sure what I’m supposed to do. 
3.  I can’t seem to integrate my Facebook with my account. 
4.  What resources are there for a good marketing strategy? 

Thank you 

0 Likes
Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
888 78 219

Hi @natalia1000,

Welcome to Shopify! Thank you for getting in touch with your questions. I'll do my best to answer them one-by-one below.

I can’t seem to set up my credit card payment method. It just has the express and then not the credit card. When I went into the set up it says it’s set up but when I did a test trial it wasn’t showing up.

It's possible that you do not see the option to activate a credit card payment option because Shopify Payments is enabled by default, if indeed you're in a country where Shopify Payments is available. If this is the case, you can either complete the Shopify Payments setup and accept payments through our gateway, or deactivate the gateway and choose an alternative option instead. If you'd prefer the latter option, please let me know in which country you are based and I can provide you with a list of all payment gateway providers available to you.

I am dropshipping with spocket. Confused about shopping. Does spocket set the shipping fees? Why do I have a shipping app then? Not sure what I’m supposed to do.

Apps such as Spocket connect merchants with various dropshipping suppliers, allowing them to more easily integrate their products into the merchant's Shopify store. There are a variety of apps that offer a similar service, such as Oberlo, and Spocket is one of the more widely-used and popular ones. They would not pay for your shipping. I would recommend checking out the Spocket website and contacting their support team at support@spocket.co if you have more questions about the service they offer.

I can’t seem to integrate my Facebook with my account.

Can you please tell me more about the issues you're experiencing here? Does any error message display when you try and connect your Facebook account to Shopify? Information on the Facebook channel and how to get it set up can be found on our Help Center.

What resources are there for a good marketing strategy?

Our Help Center includes a comprehensive section on marketing and promotions, and covers topics such as developing a marketing plan, establishing good search-engine optimization (SEO) on your store, and making use of content marketing. Shopify's learning hub, Compass, also offers free in-depth courses on the following subjects:

Compass also includes a Getting Started with Shopify course, which I would recommend to all merchants who are new to the platform. You can also check out the Shopify Blog for regular and informative articles on sales and marketing, along with many other topics.

I hope I've answered your questions, but please let me know if you have more and I'll be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Team_Spocket
Excursionist
26 1 11

Hi Natalia,

John here from Spocket support! Our suppliers are the one's that set the shipping rates as it depends on what couriers they use and the type of shipping their location prefers. Typically, suppliers on Spocket use first class shipping but it really depends on several factors. Reach out to us at support@spocket.co and we'll gladly answer any questions you may have about our app.

Thanks!

natalia1000
Excursionist
18 1 4

Thank you for this!

Two questions - i can't seem to set up my email! How do I do that/

Also, my google merchant shop has been suspended. What am I doing wrong?

Dear Google Merchant Center User,

Merchant Center Account:  BZenShop (358983433)

We've reviewed your Merchant Center account and found policy violations.

Your Merchant Center account has been suspended, and your products are no longer being promoted.

Note that a suspension notification is also displayed in your Merchant Center account. In addition, related Merchant Center accounts may also get suspended.

Your Merchant Center account is in violation of the following policies: 

No products on website

Your Merchant Center account has been suspended for violation of the Editorial & professional requirements (Usefulness) policy.

The domain that you submitted for your website URL has been determined to be parked. When a shopper clicks on your website URL via an ad or listing, the page they land on does not contain any products, which can be confusing for shoppers and won’t result in sales for you.

This issue can be caused by the expiration of hosting services or other website malfunction. Learn more on how to fix this issue

Once you have addressed all the issues listed in this email, please use the “Request review” button located on the Account Issues tab on the Diagnostics page of your Merchant Center account to request account reevaluation. Learn more about the “Request review” button

If you believe there's been an error or you believe you have fixed the issues, we want to help. Use the “Request review” button located on the Account Issues tab on the Diagnostics page of your Merchant Center account to request account reevaluation or contact us. Learn more about the “Request review” button

Sincerely,

0 Likes
TeamSpocket
Tourist
5 1 0

We're sorry to hear about that @natalia1000. It's possible that your email is already associated with an existing account on Spocket if you previously registered. However, we'd be happy to delete/remove this from our system so you can register once more. Please send us an email at support@spocket.co so our team can work on your issue right away.

Regarding your Google Merchant account, it seems like your shop was suspended due to your issues with your website. Below is the information they shared:

Parked domain: Make sure that your site provides users with unique and valuable content on the landing page domain, and isn’t parked displaying only ads and links.

• If your registration expired, please renew it in order to start advertising the site again.
  • If your site has experienced a temporary disruption in service, make sure that your site is properly running again.
  • Make sure that your website provides users with unique, valuable content and isn't full of advertising listings and links.

Hoping that you get your merchant account reactivated soon!

0 Likes