Shinipix Beta - please review my store, almost ready to launch

Highlighted
6 0 0

Thanks ahead!!!

Yes please let me know how it is working, it is in beta so preview link supplied

https://zamhxn96lzk7qpud-13027049529.shopifypreview.comShinipix

Cyndy

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
31 0 1

Excellent site.   Unique niche.  While your target audience will be happy to buy products from your store, I felt so many products (variants) as products and hence you are showing so many products with same image (picture) and it makes harder to spot a product which I want to buy/see. Would suggest you keep limited products and shove other versions/variants whithin individual product pages. 

Wall as category seems odd too. 

Sami
https://RoboNegotiator.com (eCommerce Solution)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
524 1 77

Hey, Cyndy!

I'm Alex, with the Shopify team!

Looking great so far! Absolutely love to see that you've got a great About Us page set up, a really good help centre, and a clear means to reach to you - these are all things that tend to be an afterthought for a lot of merchants, but they're great ways to encourage customer trust and drive sales.

I agree with Sami - while I think it does make sense to separate your clothing line from the wall art, having the same wall art listed several times as separate items could confuse your customers, and does act to crowd your page a little. I'd agree also that setting up variants for the different would eliminate some of this clutter, and make it easier for your customers to see more products at a glance. There's more info on setting up variants right over here!

Similar to this, you might consider some drop-down menus in your store linking to more specific subcollections; for example, in your wearables collection, the only way to see that you've got that great Feathers and Breeze scarf is to filter the results or to manually go to the second page of your wearables. Shopify themes can support up to three levels of menus, so you could for example set up Collections > Wearables > Leggings to take your customers directly there - there's more on creating those drop-downs in our guide here!

Hope that's helped! Please feel free to let me know, and you can always give us a call or start a live chat at any time. We're open 24/7 for your convenience and always happy to assist - and good luck with your launch!

Cheers,

Alex | Shopify

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

I am familiar with setting up variants, but as you can see each one of these items (which is a variant of one original) has several variants of it's own. I do not know how to set up a main product, then add these existing variants (art printed on 5 different substrates) which have size variants of their own. I would like for someone to set one up and explain to me how they did it, then I can do the rest. It's how I learn.

So instead I took yur awesome advice and just arranged a new menu>collections> and need to change the bg to white or opaque - HELP! I am Launching Thursday. :'O and would like advice on this asap, Alex!

Cheers,

Cyndy

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
6 0 0

Hey Alex, could you review my store too, please?

http://allcandice.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
524 1 77

Hey again, Cyndy!

Ah, I see - apologies for misunderstanding, there! Shopify products support up to three different options for your variants, so you can click on the Edit Options link in your product page to add a new one, like so:

There's more detail on editing already existing variants in our guide right over here!

The downside of doing it this way is that this only creates the option; it won't create the variables for you, so you'd need to then go in and create your variable products for each option you already had available. It might be simpler in your case to create the product anew and create the variables all at once:

I see that you offer a backing on only one of these substrates - when you're first creating the product, you're also able to uncheck any variants you don't wish to create, like so!

I'd suggest creating a new product to try it out before deleting any of your existing products; this will give you an idea of how this would work and the time investment it'll take, so you can then decide for yourself if it's something you'd like to do now, or something that could be put on the back burner for a later update.

Finally, as to your menu background, it looks like that's already got a white background - here's what I'm seeing when I visit your store:

If this isn't the area you're mentioning, just let me know and I'll be happy to dig in for you - a screenshot of where you're seeing the issue and the name of the theme that you're using would really come in handy, if you reach back out. Additionally, I notice that reads Wearbles rather than Wearables, just to let you know!

Totally understand the pressure of preparing for a launch. We respond to posts here in the forums as quickly as we can, but if you need a quicker response, I'd suggest reaching out to us via another contact method if you have an urgent issue - if you go to our support page and click on the get help button without entering a query, it'll take you straight to our contact methods. We can be reached by phone, chat or on Twitter if you need a response right away!

Cheers,

Alex | Shopify

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
524 1 77

Hey, David!

Absolutely, I'd be happy to have a look. I see that you'd reached out in a post asking for feedback already - I'll take a look and leave my response there, just so that we're not putting too much in this one thread, and making sure other forum users can leave their feedback as well!

Cheers,

Alex | Shopify

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Thank you for your help Alex! I did after all figure out the bg for the menu...

How long does this post last online - can I get a copy?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
524 1 77

Hey again!

No problem, this post will remain here - once it's been up for a few months without any new activity, it'll be marked as 'outdated'; you'll still be able to refer back to it, however. You're free to copy down the contents of this post if you'd prefer to have a local version of the content, for sure!

Cheers,

Alex | Shopify

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
6 0 0

Hey, Alex, our website is back up. https://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/ecommerce-gallery/t/review-for-review-allcandice-com-548607

Sorry to kind-of-spam your thread Cindy. Your site looks great, I can't find anything wrong with it. 

0 Likes