Shipping charges from multiple locations

TenaciousJ
1 0 0

I keep stock all the same warehouse, but use different ‘locations’ to manage different classifications of stock.  However, when customers select stock from more than one location they get charged freight from each location instead of just the one shipping price they selected.  How do I prevent this from happening please?

0 Likes
Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
733 73 131

Hi @TenaciousJ,

Hyde here from Shopify.

If an order contains products that ship from different locations or profiles, then each shipment's shipping rates are added together to produce a combined rate at checkout. This can lead to high shipping costs at checkout for your customers if large orders are not considered when creating shipping rates. For more information, refer to Combined rates at checkout.

However, it sounds like you do not actually have different locations are may actually simply need to apply different Shipping Profiles to your product collections instead of different locations - is that correct to say? If you're unsure, here's an overview of what a shipping profile is:

Essentially it's a way of applying different shipping rules to different groups of products as you see fit. I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes