Shop Help, No Sales

Solved
Highlighted
Excursionist
31 0 6

Hello, I have been working on a shopify store for a little bit now and finally opened a few days ago. 

I have been using facebook ads to bring in traffic but have had no sales or add to carts. 

I understand it can take a while to start generating sales but I feel like there is something wrong with either the site or the ads.

I would love a critique or some advice on what to do.

https://wholesomesoaps.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted

This is an accepted solution.

Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Product Page  Feedback

1. Remove the Buy It Now button as it competes with Add To Cart

2. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. Some products I saw only had 1 or 2 images

3. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

4. Make sure all your product images are the same size and dimensions as you ad more to the site. This is going to help tie your site together

5. Add a section at the bottom of product pages to show your most viewed/bought items from the site. This can help increase your average order value

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1958 123 433

Hey Wholesome Soap,

Keep the below listed tips in mind for better store optimization:

• Change the favicon from a "Shopify" symbol to a "unique ones" for better site identification.
  • There is a very "little gap" between the "free shipping bar" and "hero banner". Widen it to avoid the header look clumsy.
  •  "Logo" should be located on the extreme header left for ease of customer notice, which is missing.
  •  You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  • Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  • Finally, I would also recommend you to try Sparq product filters and search to replace the default search on your store, this app allows advanced custom tag product filters for collection pages, synonyms, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with the search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here

All the best!
Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1902 37 230

Hello,

I had look into your website. I observed few points on your website, I hope those are helpful for your website.

-> Check this image https://snipboard.io/zeHTEB.jpg.
-> You can improve your Testimonials. Testimonials take the spotlight away from the seller, and shine it on the customer. Adding client testimonials to your website can be an extremely effective way to establish trust and strengthen your company's reputation. They are extremely powerful tools when it comes to strengthening your branding.
-> You can add the item reviews, Item reviews can help give customers that additional propel they have to confide in your online shop and finish their buy. I would suggest including item reviews too, as reviews for customers to share their positive experience thus different customers can see the reviews and be influenced to purchase.

Thanks,
Appfreaker.

https://apps.shopify.com/alidropship
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
386 34 155

Hi @ccjoejoe1 

I have seen a couple of merchants offering soaps as well. At this point, this niche is quite trendy on Shopify. However, I love how your site is professionally made, the theme you have purchased also works great with the products. You nailed the process of giving very natural and clean vibes on your site, and the photos you used on the homepage make the site feel quite cozy and at-home. 

Here are some things I recommend doing to increase the conversion rate: 

1) Add more info in the Why goat Milk Soap section. Add some numbers, stats and facts. If possible, include before after photos, or some nice reviews form customers who have used it already. 

2) Since it is your own production, take advantage of it by adding a video of how you are making the soaps. It will add more transparency and help gain customers'trust. 

3) Work more on product descriptions, since that directly affects the SEO 

4) In the favicon section, remove the Shopify logo and add your logo (you have a very decent one)

5)I loved your About us photo, just make the font of the text slightly larger 

6)Do not forget about ToS and policies. They do not affect marketing but it is essential to every service

7) Add Shipping information 

8) Add a function of assembling bundles of different soaps and give discounts if bought in bundles

9) Gather more reviews from your customers. You can do that by giving discounts for leaving a feedback

10)The items on your store are something that will most likely be purchased by one person several times.For better customer retention I recommend using Rewards program that will give out various discounts depending on how much a person has spent on your store or how many actions he/she has completed (left a review, shared the site, created account etc.)

For adding some of the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave. We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts etc. There is a free plan available.

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
Take care and stay healthy <3

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more 

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello @ccjoejoe1 ,

I just had a look at your store,your site looks great.There are few suggestions from my side,hope it helps you in bringing more sales to you.

• I had found that your favicon has shopify icon,try creating your own favicon for your site so that it looks great.
  • I have also noticed that there are no trust badges in product page,trust badges helps your customers to know that this site is safe and their personal information is secured and also the payment method is safe to use.

Thanks,

Droppersstop

Droppersstop is an aliexpress dropshipping app that imports products from aliexpress to your Shopify store.The following are the features of droppersstop:-
Free plan available, Importing products from aliexpress individually, Bulk importing from aliexpress, Pricing automation, Inventory price and stock auto-update, Product customization, Automated order fulfillment.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
188 15 40

Hello @ccjoejoe1 

Congratulations on your store page! I really like the way your store page has been done - conveys the natural, authentic idea of your products really well. The theme also keeps the focus on the products themselves. Most things on the store have been done right. I saw a couple of things that could be made better though, so I thought I'd share them with you. 

1. I didn't see any option for Contact Us, Shipping Policy or Return Policy. These are important for any user when making buying decisions - so make sure you add them. You can include these in the footer section so they're easily accessible on all pages.
  2. I think we could use a wishlist or an Add to Favourites button. This will allow you to send more targeted follow up emails to your shoppers and even notify them if you're running any offers or sales. 
  3. I can understand it's difficult to show reviews if the number of sales are less. Instead, if you could add a few testimonials of people who love your brand - that'll be good too. It can add some more trust on your store.
  4. You could add some kind of labels to highlight features or things like sale/bestseller/free shipping. You can also make these options (on your homepage) as labels instead of just text. Buyers are visual people generally.

D97ACA4F-37A1-4D0F-8ADE-A9C336320C3E_4_5005_c.jpeg
The Shopify app store is source of some really good apps that can add this kind of a focus to your store. I added one below which I thought might look good. What do you think? You can always look up more styles here.

Artboard Copy 109.png

Do let me know if this is useful for you.

Hope to hear from you soon! Till then, good luck and do stay safe!

Gari

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
0 Likes