Shopify Shipping

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 0
Hello! New to the Shopify community. Planning to launch my site on Thursday and finalizing my shipping rates. I'm using Teelaunch and Gooten and was wondering whether I had to manually add the shipping rates for each item I'm offering in my store. I was under the impression that the shipping rates would be calculated automatically for me but noticed that they weren't when I was testing.  Anyone walked this walk already?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
441 48 97

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @solrisingdesign,

Hyde here from Shopify. Congratulations on your imminent launch!

When using a third-party dropshipping app you are usually presented with a choice (although it's always good to check the help documentation associated with each app):

1) set up your own manual rates 
2) allow the app to display their own rates directly to the store with Calculated Shipping.

When setting up your own rates, you will need to consider the possibility of fluctuating shipping costs from the supplier into your rates. It's doable of course but may mean a little more administrative work on your part cross-checking the costs listed by the app and then including them on your own.

The fact that you're using twp dropshipping apps may make this doubly-complicated because you're obviously having to factor in two different sets of shipping costs.

To allow the app to display its own calculated shipping, you will need to enable the feature on your store at an additional cost.

There are three ways to get real-time carrier calculated shipping on your account:

* 1. Upgrade to the Advanced plan which carries this feature natively. (We understand the cost for the Advanced plan is not for every merchant which is why we also offer options 2 & 3)

* 2. Add the real-time carrier calculated shipping to an existing plan at a rate of $20 per bill cycle. If we use the Basic plan as an example it would be $29 for Basic and then $20 for the real-time carrier calculated shipping for a total of $49 per bill cycle.

* 3. Pre-pay your subscription annually instead of on a 30-day cycle, and you can get 10% off of the plan, as well as real-time carrier calculated shipping included for free.

I hope this information helps. I'm happy to answer any other questions you may have about this, but you may need to also reach out to the respective app developers to get more authoritative guidance on how best to combine the two apps to the best effect.

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thank you Hyde!  You rock!!  All of your insight is very helpful and is a confirmation of what I've learned on my own.  I will explore calculated shipping and see if it makes sense for me right now.  

0 Likes