Before I get into my feedback, I wanted to let you know that we are giving away prizes every week leading up to Christmas. Prizes include things like custom logos and favicons, custom store banners, one hour of store tweaks and for one lucky person, we are giving away a complete store re-design. To get your entry in, all you need to do is sign up for our email newsletter. Oh, and we are giving away FREE Christmas store banners and pop up graphics automatically to everyone who signs up.
Now, onto my feedback..
First off, sorry to hear you haven't been getting the sales to match your traffic - it's super frustrating and discouraging.
We do a lot of store reviews on here and it typically comes down to these two things:
1. You are getting the wrong kind of traffic. High traffic isn't a good thing if it is an influx of people who aren't interested in purchasing your product. That kind of traffic will eat up your ad budget and leave you with no sales. Solution: Improve your SEO. We have a video on that. If applicable, carefully target your target audience in ads as well.
2. You are offering products that are in a saturated market and/or easily accessible (can be purchased in big box stores). We did a video on this as well. Even if you aren't drop shipping, check out the section on "Choice of Product".
If you want me to take a look at your store specifically, send us your store URL and we will provide feedback.
We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!
Best of luck!
Hello @Joberlton, I hope you are doing good! Please share your store URL.
Thank you so much for the feedback! It is greatly appreciated, I was able watch both videos all the way through and take notes on them. I am definitely going to apply these changes to my store. As far as the store url, it is:
Hello @Joberlton, I hope you are doing good! here are a few suggestions:
- Create a drop-down menu in the catalog option of the header menu.
- Add categories in the header menu: men's watch, women's watch.
- Having a good brand logo will help you with branding.
- Display categories on the homepage like men's watch, women's watch.
Make your store engaging & interactive to attract visitors coming to your store and enhance their browsing experience. Few add-ons that you need to do:
- Welcome customers to your store by personalizing the welcome & discount pop-up.
- Add a web push notification - It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It’s a powerful and effective marketing tool adopted by online businesses to reach out to and interact with their audience, keep them updated about any important information, announcing sales and offers, and eventually driving more eCommerce conversions.
- Add a chatbot- You should welcome new visitors, boost your customer engagement, deliver personalized recommendations. Give customers instant answers 24/7 with the help of the live ChatBot.
- Add a referral program. Referral marketing is a cost-effective way to gain new and loyal customers. Because people are social creatures, individuals that are referred to your company are much more likely to remain loyal customers.
- Make sure to enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, welcome email, purchase follow-up, or browse abandoned customers.
If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.
Hope this Helps!
Hi @Joberlton !
Add a favicon
Add clear CTAs - help to show what to do next. Hero banner on your homepage is a key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about.
If your website is credible, you’ll be able to generate more site traffic. One of the best ways to gain credibility is to leverage your relationships with influencers. You can approach this tactic in many different ways. If you have the means, you can use celebrities to promote your brand.That’s because these people are already known and trusted. Working with a celebrity shows your brand is legitimate. The problem is it’s obvious to consumers these celebrities are getting paid to pitch your products or services. As an alternative solution, you can use micro-influencers. One of the top reasons why I’m an advocate for using micro-influencers is because they have high engagement rates with their followers.
90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
The items in your store are something that every person will need in their lives. Therefore, I recommend using a Referral program by Growave to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that.