Shopify Won't Let Me Use Shopify Payments??!!??

1 0 0

I am very new to this whole Online Store and I have been working on mine for months. At times I have felt like giving up because I didn't feel like I was making any progress. I would work for hours and hours and still feel like I didn't accomplish anything. But finally, after all this very hard work, countless tears, sweat, cramped hands, stiff back and neck (The list goes on and on), I was finally trying to wrap up all the little finishing touches so I could finally make my store public and see how it was gonna do. But when I went to set up my Shopify Payments, it wouldn't let me. But doesn't give me any reason why!?? I am very disturbed by this. Was all my hard work a waste? Am I not even going to be able to see my store open and running one day? Not to mention I've spent money on other Shopify apps for my store as well as my store logo and other details. I am really frustrated at this moment, and could really use some advice from someone who might have a clue as to what kind of scam these people are trying to run here!! Because my uncle as well as my father-in-law are attorneys. Actually my uncle is the District Attorney. He would love for me to bring him a case like this. It's a real shame to see such a big known company like Shopify scamming, or "tricking" innocent people who are just trying to make an honest living. I need to know what I did wrong??? Anyone help me??

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
94 14 14

Hi, @Brwneyedgrl82

I’m Helen from Shopify Support. Thanks for reaching out about this; I understand how frustrated you are, so let’s get this figured out for you so that you can launch the store you have worked so hard on!

What country is your store based in? Shopify Payments is currently supported in the countries listed here. Please let me know if your country is listed there, and you are still not able to set up your account.

However, if your country is not listed there, then don’t worry! You can still set up a payment gateway to be able to accept credit cards on your store, by using a third party payment provider. All of the payment gateways that integrate with Shopify are found here. Once you have chosen one, please set up an account with them directly, and then follow these instructions to activate it on your store.

Keep me updated on what you find out. I’m here to help.

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi, 

Anybody has any issues with getting a merchant and excepting payment methods, I had a similar experience and have learned a lot since then and am willing to help anyone who is in need. It was a rough couple of months where we couldnt accept any payments due to selling adult products but now we are able to finally accept payments from our customers. You can check out our website at lovepotioninc.com and contact us we will be more than happy to help you get a merchant as well and begin selling. 

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi, 

If you need assistance to get a merchant we can help you. It took a long time for us to get up and running as well but it was due to the items we were selling and we understand how frustrating it can be which is why we would like to help and get you up and running within one to two weeks. 

0 Likes