I desperatley need some feedback on my store. www.missmco.com. Ive had EXCELLENT traffic which I am so happy with, however i've had over a hundred abandon carts and only 5 sales... I'm not sure what is happening to why they're not converting and I've been trying to troubleshoot myself but having be able to come up with any solutions.
If anyone has anytime and could possibly look at might site and offer any advice, id greatly appreciate it.
Hey @MissMCo ,
Right now I can only point out things I see, but it literally could be anything and it doesn't necessarily have to be with the design of your website.
In fact, I quite like your website. It seems fast with good descriptions. I went through the purchase steps, without buying anything and it works well. However, one of the reasons for low conversions can be that the site looks too much like a dropshipping store. For example, the Fitness Injury and Prevention products should have photos taken by you instead of the ones from the supplier. As well, these products seem a bit out of place with the niche of women's sportswear. I also think that the font on the site can be improved as it is a bit unreadable. You could keep it for headings and titles but switch to a more standard font for body text and descriptions (ex. Arial, Helvetica).
My advice is to start tracking your data and then make the changes and see if it impacts your metrics. You need to look at it from different perspectives not just conversion rate, but bounce rate, time on page, cart abandonment rate, and product detail view rate at the minimum to understand what can be improved. We could look at where the traffic comes from and why.
If you would like, I can provide a free analytics consultation which involves:
If you are interested in working with me and getting some consultation just send me your email in a private message and we can work together more efficiently via email.
If you have any questions, I'm open to being fully transparent. I'm really just looking for some positive reviews for my app.
Hi @MissMCo !
Welcome to the Shopify family and congrats on your store!
1. Add a favicon
2. The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand for it? Does that mean the product is bad? Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.
3. The items on your store are something that will most likely be purchased by one person several times. For better customer retention I recommend using Rewards program by Growave, that will give out various discounts depending on how much a person has spent on your store or how many actions he/she has completed (left a review, shared the site, created an account, etc.)
4. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.
5. Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
6. Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.
7. 90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
8. There are no trust badges at your checkout page, try adding them as trust badges help your customers know that your site is safe to shop
9. Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
10. Add a blog page, blog page helps you to share more about your website and products which increases your site visibility.Your e-commerce blog will not only drive more traffic to your website—but it will increase your conversions too. Your blog will make you feel more credible and relatable, which will provide new clients with a greater sense of confidence in their purchases.
For adding the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave.
We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc.
There is a free plan available.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
I've taken a look at your store and found there are quite a few things which if added can make better conversions.
1. Add 'New Arrivals' section to help customers keep updated on new products.
2. Add favicon to your store which is a small square image/logo that appears next to a web address. Favicon helps to strengthen your brand and add a polished look to your website.
3. Add About Us page which is a reflection of the purpose and personality of the business.
4. You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.
5. Add Contact Us page for better customer interaction.
6. Add a detailed product description. Example: https://missmco.com/collections/womens-wear/products/non-slip-yoga-socks-professional-cotton-sports-...
7. Some of the product titles are too long. Example: https://missmco.com/collections/shorts/products/soft-naked-feel-high-waist-women-sport-running-short...
8. Minimize the font size of the product title in Collection pages will look better. Example: https://missmco.com/collections/womens-wear
9. It would be nice if product images could be zoomed in / enlarged
10. Add social media for the store to increase the traffic. Having social media is a great way to grow your business, allowing you to tap into new audiences and gain more customers.
11. A FAQ would be useful!
12. Use the same font for the whole website.
13. Discounts and limited-time offers will help to increase sales.
14. Add filters in collection pages to help your visitors narrow in on the specific product they're looking for and find products they might be interested in based on certain features (e.g. size, color, category)
Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). To get in front, and stay in front needs regular feeds to Google and Bing. We created flare to deliver search engine feeds on a regular basis without taking your time. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. You can get your free Google Index Score through flare. Plus! Only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.
Hope this was helpful!
Welcome to the Shopify family, and congratulations on your store.
There are a few ways you can make your websites and products stand out to boost your sales:
I’ve written a blog around reducing bounce rates and increasing conversion (sales). It might be of help to you, linking it here.
That being said - not all traffic is equal. So there can be a few reasons for no conversions (a) You’re sending the wrong people to your website. OR (b) There are issues with your website experience.
What kind of targeting are you using on FB? Is it sending the kind of ideal prospects you want to your store? I think you should do an audit of that data.
It might be the quality of traffic which is the bottleneck, since you mentioned that the bounces are also very quick. Figure out which it is and make changes accordingly - and I think you’ll be on your way to more conversions!
I hope this advice helps out. Hoping for more sales in your store.