Shopify problems

miveda-oz
1 0 0

I have been recently informed by Shopify that payments for sales will not be processed by Shopify if certain details are not provided. We are happy to provide this information and have done so. However Shopify continues to send messages that ID details are required BUT Shopify provide absolutely no details of what details are needed AND after 48 hours I still have not had an acceptable response.

To compound this urgent problem, I find it almost impossible to get satisfactory communication with Shopify. There is no phone number to call, and no email ID to contact. I am forced to go through the Help Centre which is slow and tedious. However after finally getting onto someone, I was told the matter would be investigated and I should reply to the email sent to me if I had more questions. When I replied, my email was rejected as spam! I therefore sent a new email to support and was told Shopify would not answer my email but to go through the Help Centre.

SO the reality is that Shopify is almost impossible to communicate with and they are not prepared to offer quick and reasonable assistance - even to the point of rejecting reply emails to their emails (which specifically direct the person to reply to their email).

I have to conclude that Shopify is not customer friendly and seem to be deliberately avoiding clients requests for reasonable communication. They need to improve quickly in regards to this issue.

0 Likes
Miles
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
369 42 80

Hi, @miveda-oz!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. I am sorry to hear that you've had issues getting in touch with us.

We do standard reviews on businesses using Shopify Payments as part of our regular compliance checks. This does not mean you've done anything wrong, as it is a standard process. You can learn more about the review process in Section 3 of our Shopify Payments Terms here: https://bit.ly/3pu3Elt.

It looks like we’ll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

If you have any general questions around this, please let me know. 

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes