Shopify store and policy violations

Risingcosmos
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi, I am not sure what else to do.  I have tried everything to make sure I am in alignment with other platforms policies when it comes to my Shopify site.  Google suspended me for “misrepresentation of self or product” 

Facebook and Instagram shop is a mess and they won’t even tell me what’s wrong they’ve just completely shut me down and I can’t get that set up correctly.  Pinterest rejects my ads a lot... I cannot figure out what is wrong with my Shopify site that it is in constant “violation” and none of the platforms are even clear on what specifically the violations are.  Nobody seems to be able to help.  I want to hire an expert to get my site in compliance and make sure I am a site with integrity and alignment with all policies.  
can someone help and tell me what is wrong with my site?  And who can help me set all of this right?

www.risingcosmos.com

0 Likes
Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1226 73 157

Hey there @Risingcosmos!

Don here from Shopify.

Sorry to hear you're having a hard time with using your Shopify store in conjunction with those other services.

As those are third-party services provided by companies external to Shopify, we don't have any control over their policies or the decisions that arise from them.

What I do want to do is to ensure you've got every resource and opportunity to find more info on why this has happened and to request a review where available.

For the messaging you shared from Google, I managed to find this article on their support site which outlines common reasons for this rejection message.

Would you have encountered any similar messaging from other platforms we could use to find more info on their decisions?

If you can share any such messaging we can try to use that to see how or if it might be possible for you to get these decisions reviewed where this is possible.

With regard to Facebook, have you been unable to create a store there, link it to your Shopify account, or is it just that your ads there are being rejected?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Risingcosmos
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi Don,

Thanks for responding!  Google has been the most "clear" as far as what the issue for rejection is with a sentence stating "Misrepresentation of self or products" and thats about it.  Facebook/Instagram has not been clear whatsoever.  And Pinterest as well.  Pinterest has an issue with ads...and facebook/instagram shop/catalog AND ads all have problems.  I have taken a few pointers from some of the comments here and have removed any images of items/information about products that are sold out/or not available yet as my designer just put them on the site even though they will not be here for a couple of months.  

In regards shopify I think I tried to do a Shopify Catalog and tried connecting facebook and shopify...when I go into instagram business app and go to connect a page/catalog it says I need to go to shopify.  I go to shopify apps...go to facebook..and then try and "request a review" and it says I am not able to request a review...probably because I tried one too many times and I've had to speak with their people through chat and the reviews take a while.  I cant even manually request a review anymore...nor can I link my facebook/shopify/instagram because there is an error.  It is a big mess. 

0 Likes
Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1226 73 157

Hi again @Risingcosmos!

Don from Shopify once again.

Thanks for that extra context around what is happening here.

As these are external services it would always be their decision which stores they can support for their platforms so we wouldn't be able to affect that from here in Shopify.

You mentioned that you had been in touch with at least one of these entities already via chat, that's great! They should be able to access and share more info on your accounts with them.

That said, I would like to ensure that we've done everything we can from here first, to rule out any steps we could take from the Shopify side of things.

We can take this from the very beginning, and see how we progress until we cannot get any further between just us here.

Could you confirm if you have set up the Facebook channel for your store, and if so, what do you see there in terms of any connected account (if available)?

Feel free to add any screenshots here of how you are set up currently and what you can see there so we can examine this together.

I look forward to hearing from you again!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes