Should I just give up and close the store/

Highlighted
7 0 0

Our traffic continues to grow, but no sales to date. We opened the store in April.   https://www.newwavegadgets.us/

Thanks, Denny Smith

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
144 13 32

Hi @ABORNSMITH 

Just a casual review of your site, not a deep dive. But some quick points that stood out to me:

• Peace sign girl is overused! Wowza her arm must be getting tired lol! Seriously, though, I would suggest mixing it up a bit. Having the same exact photo in almost every banner, product photo, etc. is a turn off and maybe even a red flag.
  • Customer must click checkbox for terms & conditions in cart in order to check out, but the T & C are not  linked. In fact, I don't see where the terms & conditions are listed anywhere. If you're referring to the Terms of Service listed in the site footer, i would at least change the verbiage to match (have both the checkbox and footer say Terms of Service).  I would definitely not check a T&C box if I didn't even have the option to read what I'm accepting. If I was shopping on your site, and got to that point, I would just leave.
  • Maybe look into a new store logo. I don't mean to offend, but the logo doesn't look very professional and it doesn't seem to go well with the overall theme & color scheme of your store. The logo is one of the first things I see when I open up your site, and if the logo doesn't look professional, it doesn't help instill trust that your store is legitimate.
  • Add a way to quickly contact you (in-site chat, FB messenger button, etc.). A contact us page (as you have) is a must, but shoppers assume that these contact methods won't get them the answers they need right away.  Having some sort of messenger/chat button on the site gives them an option for quick answers to questions and resolutions to problems shopping/checking out.
  • gmail accounts for store emails don't look good. Get. an. email. on. your. store. domain.

Hope this is helpful. Best of luck to you going forward!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
204 13 70

Hi @ABORNSMITH !

Congrats on your store and welcome to Shopify!

Here are my reviews on your store. I am going, to be honest with you :)

1. The first thing that I noticed, that on your header you have an empty white space, and the font of your navigation bar is quite big. Change it, as it looks not professional and weird. Think once more about your logo, as it is very important. The logo represents your store, now it is not well-seen and you placed it on the corner left, so as a customer, I will not even remember this.

2. Hero banner - I recommend to change the image. It does not resonate with your brand (you placed a girl, that is wearing a sweater with another logo). Place something that will speak from your brand, tell about it. You can place the slides of several images. Do not forget to place the CTA - button "SHOP NOW" - it is important to call customers to the actions. 

3. I like that you have a blog page - it increases site visibility, and helps to share more about you and your products. 

4. I highly recommend, remove the same image of this girl, and use other images. It looks very unprofessional - and no one will buy something from an unprofessional store. 

5. Add secure payment badges - customers should trust your store before they write their credit card number.

6. About us page - some of your images in bad quality, choose the good one, not blurry. It does not look good at all. Make About us page very interesting, it should be something that will catch customer's attention. 

7. Product descriptions - use more keywords, be more specific. First of all, it affects SEO, and secondly, as you are selling technology devices (and it is quite pricy), you should give more specifications and details.

8. The items in your store are more on a luxurious and expensive side, therefore I recommend giving back to your customers by rewarding them with free shipping, discounts, and other goodies for spending a certain amount of money on your site. That way,  letting your customers know that you care about them. 

9. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.

10. 90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well. 

11. A customer needs to know why he/she needs to buy from you but not from a place with more affordable price tags. Think more about your pricing. 

For adding some of the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave. We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts etc. There is a free plan available.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello @ABORNSMITH ,

I just had a look at your store, your store looks great. I have a few suggestions for you hope they might help you.

• There is no review option, try adding that feature social reviews helps you a lot in bringing sales. 
  • Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
  • Try adding some sale offers to your products to attract customers.

I hope our feedback helps you.

Thanks,

Droppersstop 

Droppersstop is an aliexpress dropshipping app that imports products from aliexpress to your Shopify store.The following are the features of droppersstop:-
Free plan available, Importing products from aliexpress individually, Bulk importing from aliexpress, Pricing automation, Inventory price and stock auto-update, Product customization, Automated order fulfillment.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
170 15 73

Hey @ABORNSMITH,

I checked your store, which looks good but needs some improvement. Let me share a couple of feedbacks:

1. The homepage looks cluttered as of now. I would suggest to keep a main banner at the top and highlight a few collections (Featured, Best Seller and New Arrivals). The images are all blurred, and there's no uniformity in image sizes, text placement and font sizes. Keep in mind that the homepage should be engaging customers, but also not too cluttered which might make your customers bounce off.

2. Good navigation provides an improved user experience leading to more sales and revenue. Improve the top navigation bar (meaning to reposition and highlight the bar) so that customers can quickly browse through your catalog and collections. 

3. Revamp your 'About Us' page. What an About Us page should be is a goal-oriented sales page, one that focuses on highlighting the biggest selling points of your story and brand, making a strong impression on curious customers. Read this blog on the potential of About Us page: https://www.shopify.in/blog/how-to-write-an-about-us-page

4. Please add Instagram. I recommend you to strengthen your social activity on Facebook and Instagram by posting on regularly, and connecting with similar communities as this will increase awareness and publicity of your website and help in having more traffic. Also getting a social media influencer to promote your merch is also a good way to get high traffic to your store.

5. I noticed that the product descriptions are not descriptive, A brief info about the product is required. Why? Because you can use potential keywords in such circumstances that are likely used on search engines. (try out this https://kwfinder.com/ to find phrases that are related to the keyword and also have a high search volume.) This will help increase organic traffic (google)

6. Show off the products: People tend to rely on engaging visuals to help drive their purchases. Since online buyers do not have the option to experience your products in-person, it's important to draw them in with great product photos, and right now your images are of low-res and small.

7. Send abandoned cart emails: If you have lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts so you can get lost revenue using abandonment email campaigns. There are many Automated tools for abandoned carts. They can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left. You can also send promotional emails to your subscriber's list.

8. Have a featured collection based on your offers, new arrivals, best sellers, etc. This will grab the attention of customers when they browse homepage itself. Also adding more graphic product labels/stickers like Sale, Fast Selling, Free Shipping can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. You can check out a wide range of options/get your custom sticker from the app here.

Hope these feedbacks help.

Fayaz

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Offering free store consultation for increased sales and conversions
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
0 Likes