Should I offer refunds in my store for change of mind items

5 0 0

Hi, just wanting some feedback on what other online store's thoughts are on offering refunds to customers rather than a shop credit which I currently do.  As I am a new store and funds are tight, I decided to offer a store credit to customers rather than a refund on non-faulty items, such as change of mind or item doesn't fit.  This has worked so far without any issues, but I wonder if the public's perception may be negative to this and they may shop elsewhere which does offer a refund?  Would appreciate some thoughts please, as I am erring on the side of starting to offer a refund

<object cotype="cs" id="SILOBFWOBJECTID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;" type="cosymantecnisbfw"></object>

0 Likes
Excursionist
220 0 13

Hi Olivia,

I think you need to rephrase your sentences, I don't understand what you mean.

However, I sincerely suggest you to remove the mailinglist-popup. It's very annoying and I am convinced a lot of people will leave your website right away.

Need a smartphone case? https://www.transparantehoesjes.nl
1 Like
5 0 0

lol - just added the pop up today, why would it be more annoying than another stores?

My original question is should I offer customers a refund rather than store credit?

<object cotype="cs" id="SILOBFWOBJECTID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;" type="cosymantecnisbfw"></object>

0 Likes
Excursionist
220 0 13

Let's pretend, I am a new customer and never heard of your store in the past. I visit your website and the first things that popups is a newsletter-thingy. Why would I ever signup if I dont even know what products you sell? I would leave right away. It doesnt make sense. You should rather remind people there is a newsletter after they made a purchase or something. Not at the start.

I think it depends on the situation. INormally I would just refund with actual money and no store credit.

Need a smartphone case? https://www.transparantehoesjes.nl
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
32 0 0

Above all else check what the law says in your country.

I'm in the UK so it's different to Australia but I'm always amazed at the amount of shop owners over here who think they can refuse returns, offer shop credit, charge a restocking fee etc etc. All of which are not allowed under UK law for nearly everything sold over the internet.

0 Likes
Excursionist
125 0 7

Your images are absolutely stunning! 

Tees by Aidan is a high quality clothing retailer made by and for people who want to stand out. We sell a wide variety of casual apparel designed for young adults. All designs are made by graphic designer Aidan Toole. Tees by Aidan is based in Philadelphia. www.teesbyaidan.com
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
45 0 4

Hi there Olivia!

Adam here from Shopify.

That is a great question, and would love to hear from more people as well!

Depending on your audience/customer base, this answer could go either way.

From what I have seen while doing my online shopping I feel most stores offer a full refund of money, and not a store credit. And with my stores I offer full refunds of money, not store credits. That being said, a lot of clothing stores offer store credits instead.

Look forward to hearing what others have to say!

Take care :)

Adam

0 Likes
Tourist
36 0 1

LoL..!! 

"Isabella Tank Dress" $395.00

LoL..!! Tank dress usely dont go past $60 usd LoL 

you realy need to do research on retail prices!! 

Lot people gona think you website is "Fraud" no info company and well umm you realy need to fix it...

go here do research for retail price it brand name store in usa since 1908 year... --->> http://www.sears.com/search=tank%20dress?storeId=10153&catalogId=12605&levels=Clothing,%20Shoes%20%2...

Click on tab "sears only"

藤田ニコール
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
108 0 13

Real store credit is finaly an option for us. We think this is a much better way to continune to drive revenue to your store and not lose customers just because they changed their mind. Its a win for everyone, and you're customers will be able to use their credit as they choose, as well as carry a balance that cannot be done with discount codes.

Check us out in the app store here:

https://apps.shopify.com/fresh-credit

Thanks
Todd

ByteStand - Amazon to Shopify in one click
0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
265 0 21

Be sure to check the laws in the countries where you're trading/established.

In many store credit is not an option. You must give the customer their money back if they've bought the goods online.

Never ceases to amaze me the number of stores I see trading online in the UK who say goods can't be returned, restocking fees will be charged etc etc. All illegal.

0 Likes