Hi Shopify friends,
We launched our shop one month ago and we designed it using the Debut theme.
Our store offers canvas and heathered bags: backpacks, convertible bags, duffels, crossbody, and messengers that all include lots of internal and external pocks for organization. We will be introducing a travel category with suitcases and travel accessories in September. Our purpose is to give our customers the clarity they need while on the go. Even our smaller bags have pockets inside.
We are on Facebook, Instagram, and most recently Pinterest (still building!).
Our site has not been garnering a lot of visits in the past month and retention is poor. As we're continuing to learn how to do better, we thought we'd ask you for your advice.
What do you think of the site? Where do you see areas that need improvement? What would you change to encourage conversion?
We would love to hear your opinions on what you believe we can improve on. Thank you in advance!
Solved! Go to the solution
This is an accepted solution.
Hi @moosecan !
Welcome to Shopify and I wish you good luck!
1. Add a favicon
2. If your website is credible, you’ll be able to generate more site traffic.
One of the best ways to gain credibility is to leverage your relationships with influencers. You can approach this tactic in many different ways.
If you have the means, you can use celebrities to promote your brand.
That’s because these people are already known and trusted. Working with a celebrity shows your brand is legitimate. The problem is it’s obvious to consumers these celebrities are getting paid to pitch your products or services. As an alternative solution, you can use micro-influencers. One of the top reasons why I’m an advocate for using micro-influencers is because they have high engagement rates with their followers.
3. Clear CTAs - help to show what to do next. Hero banner on your homepage is a key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about.
4. Engaging images - you need them on your homepage to give visitors a sense of what your business is about. Images help you to tell a story and show visitors what they can gain from your product. For a product website think about how images can convey the value of your product and help your visitors to achieve their goals.
5. Branding - clearly show your company branding. Logo, brand colors, brand fonts - should be the same across websites, emails, and social profiles. A key part of building your brand is making it recognizable.
6. Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
7. Add a blog page, blog page helps you to share more about your website and products which increases your site visibility.Your e-commerce blog will not only drive more traffic to your website—but it will increase your conversions too. Your blog will make you feel more credible and relatable, which will provide new clients with a greater sense of confidence in their purchases.
8. 90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
9. Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.
10. Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
11. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer
12. The items in your store are more on a luxurious and expensive side, therefore I recommend giving back to your customers by rewarding them with free shipping, discounts, and other goodies for spending a certain amount of money on your site. That way, letting your customers know that you care about them.
Use a referral program that will encourage your existing customers to share your products with their friends by giving discounts if the latter have purchased something from your store. With referral programs it is important to carefully set up so that you are not giving huge discounts and not getting anything back. [I recommend using one by Growave., because it is safe and it is integrated with 6 other marketing features (Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, Referral, VIP tiers) for better performance.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
This is an accepted solution.
After looking on your store, I have to say that your store is so fantastic and perfect. Otherwise, I would like to give you some recommendations that may useful for you.
1. Make header sticky
This would be more convenient for all users if they're scrolling up and down in your store. They still can access to another section during surfing and easily checking what inside Cart right now or searching for a specific item.
2. Add Product Quantity
When I want to buy more than 1 product, there's no product quantity button here, so if I want to buy more than 1 product so I have to make purchase twice, right? I think product quantity button is the fundamental of every store and you should add them into your store.
3. Cross-sell bundles
You should add more products here to encourage customer buy more when they're on your store. You can use FOMO marketing method to boost your conversion rate up and more.
There is one thing you miss here is Reviews section. When you want your customer buy more on this product, they want to know how the others customer had bought this products feel when they bought it. When you have a lot of 5 stars review, customer will trust this product and make purchase for it.
Hope that my suggestions may help you in some way. Furthermore, you can check this article to know how to optimize your product page.
I hope your business is going well during this difficult times I checked your Store it looks good. Increase your social media presence. Run contests and giveaways through those marketing channels.
Simplify your checkout process.
To increase your sales and convert traffic into conversions you can use the application named Descrii, description generator.
Optimize your store for better visibility on search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc. ie. Easy Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
I hope you like it here the link is-