Site Speed

Please can someone help, my site speed is really slow - according to google its in the red at 24

Does anyone have any tips or advice on how to speed it up?

My website is www.spoiledbrat.co.uk

Thanks

0 Likes
hashtd
Excursionist
15 1 3

Hi @spoiledbratuk ,

Websites Home Page Speed for Mobile = 20 & Desktop = 73

Product Details page performs almost same as homepage

since store theme is built with desktop/laptop screen in mind that`s why its score better on desktop.

Here i am going bit technical, but it will better to spend some your R&D time

current website is Mobile responsive what you need is mobile-first design

you can easily found out vie analytics which platform brings you sell more e.g are customer coming from mobile to place order vs desktop

based on you findings you can decide to go for mobile first design if mobile site need to optimized

Note: i did not found ready made theme with mobile first design for myself, had to build one.

Hope this will put you in right direction

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
Growave
Shopify Partner
854 21 250

Hi @spoiledbratuk !

Change the logo, now it does not look professional and eye-appealing.

Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.

Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.

Homepage designs guides your visitors around your website. To engage visitors you need to work on homepage layout design.  Include trust indicators on the homepage. Homepage content should be strategically decided.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes

Hello @spoiledbratuk ,

You need to work on your website performance’s speed with following point that I have mentioned below.
Low mobile page speed may kill your traffic and affect your conversion.

In order to Improve website speed you need to:
- Remove unnecessary code on a high priority basis.
- Compressed images or Defer off-screen images.
- Web Pages need to be Minify.
- Reduce JavaScript execution time
- Minimize main-thread work
- Beware of excessive liquid loops
- Decrease thumbnail image size
- Weigh the benefits of installing another app

By fixing these issues, your website speed score can definitely improve. For more details please check and select the plan you wish to select -
https://www.oscprofessionals.com/shopify-performance-optimization/

If anything is missed out or unclear then don't hesitate to ask
Thank You!

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Whats app
Free Website Review and advice for sale from Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO ; Digital Marketing & amp | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes
JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
1192 105 288

@spoiledbratuk  it's common to have a low score if using a general tool like Google PSI on an engaging ecommerce site (we've done research + case studies, more info here: https://speedboostr.com/google-psi-for-shopify/). Most successful ecommerce sites I've seen do not score high with that tool (Amazon regularly scores low too so I wouldn't worry too much about "score", focus instead on maximizing performance).

I ran your site through the Shopify Analyzer, it's a free tool my team built for the Shopify community because we needed a relevant analysis tool for Shopify sites. Your site looks pretty good already from a performance perspective, only a couple potential minor issues: https://analyze.speedboostr.com/result/fu9ynshkf6.

My recommendation:

1) Optimize what you can with the Shopify Analyzer (there are free guides and recommendations)

2) Then switch focus to conversion rate optimization.

You can ignore the recommendation from oscprofessional in the previous comment, they're trying to scam you into services you do not need. They've actually been caught stealing and breaking Shopify's terms of service on multiple occasions (https://speedboostr.com/shopify-partners-caught-stealing/#copyright-osc), you can't trust recommendations from a company like that.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization experts, theme customization, custom app development).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool for Shopify sites, free for the Shopify community).
Creator of Order Automator (auto tag orders and customers + auto fulfill orders + email notifications).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app) and Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
0 Likes