Site Traffic but No Sales

Solved
4 0 0

Hi All,

We’ve recently started a drop shipping business (https://lifestyleci.com/) and have launched our first ad campaigns this past weekend. We’re promoting two products at the moment:

1. 9 in 1 Multi-Functional Kitchen Tool: https://lifestyleci.com/collections/kitchen-appliances/products/9-in-1-fruit-vegetable-multi-purpose...
  2. Laptop Desk Stand: https://lifestyleci.com/collections/office/products/laptop-desk-stand

We’ve been analyzing our data and have had good post engagement and have increased traffic to our store as well as add to carts. Unfortunately, none of these add to carts have resulted in a purchase. We’d love to hear any insights about what we could do differently to drive sales.

We greatly appreciate the help!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Navigator
295 34 67

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Paulina-Joseph 

Congrats on getting your store set up and starting to get traffic!

Looking at your site and your store's FB profile, the number one thing that stands out to me is ... as a potential customer "Okay, who are these people, and why would I buy anything from them?"

The products are nice, but I can get them from somewhere I know & trust to get them to me, and back them up if I'm not satisfied (like Amazon).

Your "Our Story" page tells me a teensey weensey tiny bit about you and your "Mission Statement" so to speak. But it's not very personalized other than a single photo. Outside of that, everything else about the site just looks like (a very nice-looking) catalog. I'm guessing, from your 'Our Story' page as well as your handle on here that you are a partnered ownership (husband/wife team, brother/sister, or just 2 friends, or whatever the case may be). It wouldn't hurt to add a little more personalization to your company's story, as well as the content on your FB page.

Speaking of that - your Facebook page only has 2 postings. Need more content so you can build more interest and more trust. Also - look for some FB groups that are relevant to your product offerings, where you can engage with some potential customers and let them get to know you.

I would also add more social media channels. That FB logo looks pretty lonely down there in your site footer. Lol!

I didn't see anywhere to sign up for a newsletter. This is a must-have! Need to grow your email subscriber list. If you're not doing email marketing, you are definitely missing out on potential sales.

Also - add an in-site chat or FB messenger button on your site so your visitors have a way to get in touch with you quickly to have their questions answered or shopping/checking out issues resolved. No one wants to wait for someone to respond to an email when they just have one simple question about a product or when they get stuck in the cart and can't check out for some reason. They'll just leave.

I hope some of this helps and wish you the best of luck! Don't give up! 

1 Like
Highlighted
4 0 0

Thank you very much @MelsMojoBob ! Your feedback was exactly what we were looking for!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello @Paulina-Joseph ,

I just had a look at your store, your store looks great. I have a few suggestions for you hope they might help you.

• There is no review option, try adding that feature social reviews helps you a lot in bringing sales. 
  • There are no trust badges at your checkout page, try adding them as trust badges help your customers know that your site is safe to shop. 
  • Add more categories on your home page like best sellers, “new arrivals”.
  • Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
  • Try adding some sale offers to your products to attract customers.
  • Add a blog page, blog page helps you to share more about your website and products which increases your site visibility.

I hope our feedback helps you.

Thanks,

Droppersstop 

Droppersstop is an aliexpress dropshipping app that imports products from aliexpress to your Shopify store.The following are the features of droppersstop:-
Free plan available, Importing products from aliexpress individually, Bulk importing from aliexpress, Pricing automation, Inventory price and stock auto-update, Product customization, Automated order fulfillment.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
216 17 83

Hey @Paulina-Joseph,

I checked your store, which looks good but needs some improvement. Let me share a couple of feedbacks:

1. The homepage looks a bit empty right now, so I would suggest adding more content on your homepage like Blog, Instagram feed, Best Sellers, New Collection, etc. Keep in mind that the homepage should be engaging customers, but also not too cluttered which might make your customers bounce off.

2. Add Shipping Policy at the footer menu, it is a simple way of building trust with your website visitors.  Add the "Subscribe to Newsletter" section to send informational and product-focused content to your potential and existing customers. Add more social icons to show shoppers of your social community presence.

3. Good navigation provides an improved user experience leading to more sales and revenue. Add a top navigation bar so that customers can quickly browse through your catalog and collections. 

4. Revamp your 'About Us' page. What an About Us page should be is a goal-oriented sales page, one that focuses on highlighting the biggest selling points of your story and brand, making a strong impression on curious customers. Read this blog on the potential of About Us page: https://www.shopify.in/blog/how-to-write-an-about-us-page

4. I recommend you to strengthen your social activity on Facebook and Instagram by posting on regularly, and connecting with similar communities as this will increase awareness and publicity of your website and help in having more traffic. Also getting a social media influencer to promote your merch is also a good way to get high traffic to your store.

5. I noticed that the product descriptions are not descriptive, A brief info about the product is required. Why? Because you can use potential keywords in such circumstances that are likely used on search engines. (try out this https://kwfinder.com/ to find phrases that are related to the keyword and also have a high search volume.) This will help increase organic traffic (google)

6. Invite your customers to be part of your community. Also having a blog, getting out articles, and having fresh content once in two weeks will allow you to drive traffic, help in starting conversations and build credibility.

7. Send abandoned cart emails: If you have lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts so you can get lost revenue using abandonment email campaigns. There are many Automated tools for abandoned carts. They can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left. You can also send promotional emails to your subscriber's list.

8. Have a featured collection based on your offers, new arrivals, best sellers, etc. This will grab the attention of customers when they browse homepage itself. Also adding more graphic product labels/stickers like Sale, Fast Selling, Free Shipping can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. You can check out a wide range of options/get your custom sticker from the app here.

Hope these feedbacks help.

Fayaz

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Thanks for all the great feedback @Droppersstop !

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Thank you @Fayzmo for the thoughtful feedback!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

If your site getting high traffic but no sales then it its better suggestion to you to start using Social Proof tools like Fizfy Social Proof . Social Proof tools are latest marketing strategy and that works to increase sales and conversions of website store. Fizfy Social Proof Notifications Software to influence your Visitors to take action & increase conversions, Sales and Signups.

Fizfy1.png

There are 40+ powerful widgets  which you can use for convert your visitors into customers. Fizfy is a conversion tool which influence and convert visitors into sales.

https://fizfy.com/
0 Likes