I've started my store at the beginning of the year and I've had encouraging feedback from friends and family. Before I start marketing to a wider audience I'd like some objective feedback from other groups, so thought I'd start here!
Thank you for your time.
This is Vinod - Digital Marketing Consultant from Digital Centrics located in Bombay India.
I just checked your website. I must must must say it is just amazing and the products are amazing too loved it !
Just one think as a first time user i was little confused as in what you are selling after i went below the first fold of the website then i noticed you are selling Gift Box etc :)
1. Just from the product details page remove social icons.
2. In the menu area please make a menu for men's section of gift boxes just as you have mentioned on home page so it is easy to navigate from the inner pages OR make a drop down below the Menu in the top example - All spruced up >>> under this make drop down menu.
3. if you are offering any discount code then on the checkout page mention Discount calculated at checkout.
4. When i went on the product details page it would be great if you can keep a one liner in the product description area if your products are alcohol free vegan etc ?
Great base store and you are off to a good start. Here are some things we would a/b test to see if the changes drove more sales. This is based on experience working on a number of UK brands over the last 5 years.
Those are some bits I would look at changing and testing out on your store to help drive more sales as you open it up to more people. Keep on making sure you get reviews as you grow the business. That will help you build more trust with the UK market. If you found this helpful, please click "like" below.
Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to look over my site. I think you have made some great suggestions and I will certainly be implementing some of them. I was curious about your reasoning behind removing the social icons from the products page. If you are able to expand on this it would be most helpful.
I thought you have made some valid points and I will be implementing your suggestions. The theme I am using makes moving the 'Add to cart' to the top tricky when you have variants within products but I understand the reasoning why you have suggested it.
Many thanks for taking the time to look over my site.
You are welcome. I hope you find success with your store. I would not move your social icons off the product pages. That does not make any sense as you are creating friction with your visits who want to share the page with someone else.
You're always welcome. The reason i mentioned to remove your social icons from the product details pages is the a user has a habit of going on social media websites and since your social icons are placed right below the "add-to-cart" button this may tempt the user to move away from your website which can also create bounce rates and if a user is on a mobile the screen is hardly 5 to 6 inch and most of the people are these days buying from mobile as compared to tablets and desktops or laptops.
Just keep the social icons in footer. Hope this helps.
That makes sense. I will keep an eye on the analytics and see if there are indications that this is the case and look to move them if I think it is having an impact on sales.
Many thanks for your explanation.
yes when i was running marketing campaigns for my clients i noticed this so thought to share. Yes surely you can check too.
Congratulations on your store page! Your homepage looks fabulous already! I loved the Superhero section. That song by David Bowie is my personal favourite too. So you had me hooked at that. :)
Coming to your product catalogue,
- Testimonials and reviews are pretty important too because like many other people, I too, like to buy only those products which have amazing reviews. This is also a great way of adding to the human element in your brand.
- I missed seeing any social proof and urgency in the catalog. Something that would catch my attention and drive me to buy immediately.
A suggestion here. You could add some kind of stickers or labels to highlight things like trending, sale, or free shipping etc. The Shopify app store is source of some really good Apps that can give your catalogue the focus it really needs. That's the best way you can make sure that you can convert a new visitor into a buyer!
Something like this maybe -
Do let me know if this is useful for you.
Hope to hear from you soon! Till then, good luck and do stay safe!