Site review and feedback please

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi,

I've started my  store at the beginning of the year and I've had encouraging feedback from friends and family.  Before I start marketing to a wider audience I'd like some objective feedback from other groups, so thought I'd start here!

Thank you for your time.

www.itsnopicnic.co.uk

LJ

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
193 5 40

Hello @Itsnopicnic 

This is Vinod  - Digital Marketing Consultant from Digital Centrics located in Bombay India.

I just checked your website. I must must must say it is just amazing and the products are amazing too loved it !

Just one think as a first time user i was little confused as in what you are selling after i went below the first fold of the website then i noticed you are selling Gift Box etc :)

Suggestions.

1. Just from the product details page  remove social icons.

2. In the menu area please make a menu for men's section of gift boxes just as you have mentioned on home page so it is easy to navigate from the inner pages OR make a drop down below the Menu in the top example - All spruced up >>> under this make drop down menu.

3. if you are offering any discount code then on the checkout page mention Discount calculated at checkout.

4. When i went on the product details page it would be great if you can keep a one liner in the product description area  if your products are alcohol free vegan etc ?

example - https://itsnopicnic.co.uk/collections/hobbies-collection/products/hoe-down-bumper-box  

Thanks

Vinod Sachdev.
Digital Marketing Consultant
Google & Bing Ads | Web Design & Development | Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
15+ years Industry Experience & Knowledge of Latest Web Technologies
250+ Clients Served - across USA, UK, Spain, Caribbean Islands, India & more.
625+ Paid Ads Search, Shopping, Display, Re-Marketing Campaigns Successfully Managed which achieved higher sales
100+ Custom Websites & Landing Pages Designed & Developed

email vinod.digitalcentrics@gmail.com | https://digitalcentrics.com/
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi LJ

Great base store and you are off to a good start. Here are some things we would a/b test to see if the changes drove more sales. This is based on experience working on a number of UK brands over the last 5 years.

1. Homepage: Turn the grey boxes into another colour to help make them easier to read for gentlemen gift boxes, baby daze..ect.

2. Homepage: Removing the UK free delivery under each section. You have it mentioned at the time. You don't want to over mention it and come across as cheap. Worked on gift boxes a number of years ago and you want to come across as a big mid-high end brand

3. Section titles like "Instagram" could be have the section title closer to the actually content you are talking about. Right now some section titles feel like they are floating in the air

4. Product page: More your "Add to cart" and quantity box above the product description. If people want to read the product description they will. You want to make sure it's easier for people to buy, especially if they are on mobile. Less scrolling down a page is a good thing

5. You might want to add a "out of stock" app on your store, that way you can try and collect emails for items people want but you don't have right now.

Those are some bits I would look at changing and testing out on your store to help drive more sales as you open it up to more people. Keep on making sure you get reviews as you grow the business. That will help you build more trust with the UK market. If you found this helpful, please click "like" below.

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi Vinod,

Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to look over my site.  I think you have made some great suggestions and I will certainly be implementing some of them.  I was curious about your reasoning behind removing the social icons from the products page.  If you are able to expand on this it would be most helpful.

Many thanks,

LJ

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi Duane,

I thought you have made some valid points and I will be implementing your suggestions. The theme I am using makes moving the 'Add to cart' to the top tricky when you have variants within products but I understand the reasoning why you have suggested it.

Many thanks for taking the time to look over my site.

LJ

0 Likes
Highlighted

You are welcome. I hope you find success with your store. I would not move your social icons off the product pages. That does not make any sense as you are creating friction with your visits who want to share the page with someone else. 

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
193 5 40

hi @Itsnopicnic 

You're always welcome. The reason i mentioned to remove your social icons from the product details pages is the a user has a habit of going on social media websites and since your social icons are placed right below the "add-to-cart" button this may tempt the user to move away from your website which can also create bounce rates and if a user is on a mobile the screen is hardly 5 to 6 inch and most of the people are these days buying from mobile as compared to tablets and desktops or laptops.

Just keep the social icons in footer. Hope this helps.

Thanks

Vinod Sachdev.
Google & Bing Ads | Web Design & Development | Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
625+ Paid Ads Search, Shopping, Display, Re-Marketing Campaigns Successfully Managed which achieved higher sales

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi @vinods 

That makes sense.  I will keep an eye on the analytics and see if there are indications that this is the case and look to move them if I think it is having an impact on sales.

Many thanks for your explanation.

LJ

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
193 5 40

hi @Itsnopicnic 

yes when i was running marketing campaigns for my clients i noticed this so thought to share.  Yes surely you can check too.

Thanks

Vinod Sachdev.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
188 15 40

Hello Itsnopicnic

Congratulations on your store page! Your homepage looks fabulous already! I loved the Superhero section. That song by David Bowie is my personal favourite too. So you had me hooked at that. :)

Coming to your product catalogue,

- Testimonials and reviews are pretty important too because like many other people, I too, like to buy only those products which have amazing reviews. This is also a great way of adding to the human element in your brand.

- I missed seeing any social proof and urgency in the catalog. Something that would catch my attention and drive me to buy immediately. 

A suggestion here. You could add some kind of stickers or labels to highlight things like trending, sale, or free shipping etc. The Shopify app store is source of some really good Apps that can give your catalogue the focus it really needs. That's the best way you can make sure that you can convert a new visitor into a buyer!

Something like this maybe - 

787A904D-8B41-43A0-9A8C-0CD463C00641_4_5005_c.jpeg

Do let me know if this is useful for you.

Hope to hear from you soon! Till then, good luck and do stay safe!

Gari

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
0 Likes