Slow store speed

Missaalicia
1 0 1

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. I received the report that my store speed is at 33%, which I’m sure is a reason my sales are slow. How do I fix this? How can I contact Shopify to receive the free help that’s offered through my plan? Any help will do. 

Oakleafinfoway
Shopify Partner
269 5 18

Hello @Missaalicia 

Welcome to the Shopify Community!

This is Jay from Oakleaf Infoway. I am Interested to help you and get out it of you from your current issue.

If you're investing lots of time and money into getting the rankings you deserve, you shouldn't be blowing it by having a slow website.

Longer load times have also been shown to negatively affect conversions.

“Our Aim” is to optimize the website speed up to 80-90% in any device. It’s helpful to the visitor who visits on your website and spends much time without annoyed.

If you wish to move forward with us.

Please add me over the skype/Mail for an instant communication

Email ID: jay@oakleafinfoway.net

Team, Oakleaf Infoway

Email ID: info@oakleafinfoway.com
0 Likes
tshill500
5 0 0

Hello have you accessed your store from another computer phone or tablet? Did it seem slow to you? I have accessed my site from other places and the speed is fine. My IT mentor say this is a shopify CDN issue (content delivery network) not yours and it is not a problem. So check your site from a computer outside of yours and if you really think it slow I'm know shopify has plenty of third party shopify developers who would like to help you for a price.

0 Likes

Hello @Missaalicia ,

You need to work on your website performance’s speed with following point that I have mentioned below.
Low mobile page speed may kill your traffic and affect your conversion.

In order to Improve website speed you need to:
- Remove unnecessary code on a high priority basis.
- Compressed images or Defer off-screen images.
- Web Pages need to be Minify.
- Reduce JavaScript execution time
- Minimize main-thread work
- Beware of excessive liquid loops
- Decrease thumbnail image size
- Weigh the benefits of installing another app

By fixing these issues, your website speed score can definitely improve. For more details please check and select the plan you wish to select -
https://www.oscprofessionals.com/shopify-performance-optimization/

If anything is missed out or unclear then don't hesitate to ask
Thank You!

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Whats app
Free Website Review and advice for sale from Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO ; Digital Marketing & amp | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes
JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
1188 104 288

@Missaalicia I hope you've been able to solve this but if not I have some advice (I'm the founder of a Shopify optimization agency):

I received the report that my store speed is at 33%
If you're referencing the Shopify speed score, a 33 is not bad. We see lower scores on largely successful stores. The scoring system is largely based on apps (details here: https://speedboostr.com/shopify-speed-tool/).

which I’m sure is a reason my sales are slow.
It's probably not the reason. If you're scoring a 33 with that tool, I would first focus on quality of traffic, site trust, and conversion rate optimization. If you share your url, people experienced in those areas can give tips, or feel free to reach out to my team speedboostr.com/contact if you don't want to share publicly. We help Shopify store owners level up every day.

How do I fix this? How can I contact Shopify to receive the free help that’s offered through my plan? Any help will do.
You might not want to "fix" it, if getting a higher score means sacrificing functionality.

Shopify does not offer free help, but there are free options (like these forums, and guides and tools that Shopify experts create). I would first run your site through the Shopify Analyzer (https://analyze.speedboostr.com, a free tool we built for the Shopify community) to see if there are reasonable things you can optimize in your Shopify site. 

I landed here because I saw oscprofessionals left a comment with some bogus recommendations. It sounds like you're a new store owner so I think you should know they are known criminals and should not be trusted with access to your store (proof here: https://speedboostr.com/shopify-partners-caught-stealing/#copyright-osc).

If you need any help feel free to reach out, or you can also find trusted experts in the Shopify experts directory.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization experts, theme customization, custom app development).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool for Shopify sites, free for the Shopify community).
Creator of Order Automator (auto tag orders and customers + auto fulfill orders + email notifications).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app) and Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
0 Likes