Some Traffic, Terrible Conversions

Solved
David157
Tourist
13 0 1

Any and all comments are encouraged! Help us out :)

We have been a wholesale business for 45 years and recently added D2C on our website. Very curious how to increase traffic and conversions. We only sell direct to consumer in the USA.

View our site: geminisound.com

Last 7 days stats below:

Sessions in USA: 2,378

Sessions outside USA: 2,258

1.47% - Add To Cart

0.56% - Reached Checkout

0.19% - Purchased

Online store sessions by source:

Search: 2913

Direct: 1327

Unknown: 265

Social: 126

Email: 1

0 Likes
Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
760 83 175

Hey, @David157 

Identifying holes in your conversion funnel can be tricky to isolate with limited data since there are so many factors that come into play. For starters, is your current conversion funnel rates (1.47% - 0.56% - 0.19%) noticeable lower than previous weeks/months?

Also, in your analytics, you are able to see traffic by landing page. This is a good useful insight as it will see what pages the majority of your traffic is landing on first. Which will help assess why visitors may not be converting. Also, if you are running any paid advertising, the answer to your conversion troubles may have to do with the quality of traffic relative to your ideal customer demographics.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

This is an accepted solution.

Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. I would clean up the design of your homepage and change the background colour to white. Having a grey background makes your product images (with a white background) stand out more then they should. Also your homepage just shows off product but does not tell me anything about your business or brand. I would tweak the homepage design

2. I would have an About Us page that talks about the business and your 45 years of experience

3. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. Product Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

Product Page  Feedback

1. I would redesign the layout of your product page as it's disorganized right now. I would make sure you have Product Title, Costs, Size/Product Selection, Add To Cart button and then Product Description as the order of your product page information. Anything else needs to be put somewhere else on the product page...the above layout is what people expect.

2. Move your share buttons somewhere else on the page if you really want to keep them. Right now there are a distraction being so close to the Add To Cart button

3. Your Related Product section could use some breathing room and space between that section and the images for the product page. There is to much going on in this space right now

4. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof and makes it easier for people to trust your brand. Ask past customers for reviews is a great way to get this started

5. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
David157
Tourist
13 0 1

Thanks for all your help!

0 Likes
Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
760 83 175

Anytime! Happy to help.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
luke325
5 0 0

I get some traffic on my store or site but there is lot of terrible conversions on my store of xxxtentacion pants. And this difficulty also find in shirts and hoodies.

0 Likes
The_kaizen_Co
1 0 0

Hi Dirk, 

i seem to be having the same problem on my store.

i have run lots of google ads, fB, insta, and i am getting impressions, views and even lots of people reaching the check out, however then suddenly they quit and no conversion happens.

would be interesting to get your feedback.

www.thekaizenco.com 

thanks a lot.

regards

Andreas

0 Likes