I am very new to the ecom world and I have setup my first store... RopaDeAmerica.com
I have been doing as much research as possible on the best way to setup the store and I think I have done ok, but I still don't seem to be getting sales. I have had 300+ visitors and only a couple have added products to the cart, but no-one has checked out. I am currently running a couple of different FB ads which are getting a few clicks but no-one actually buys. My Facebook page is getting quite a few likes (100+ in a week) but again, they like the page but don't buy the products.
I am not sure where to go, I don't know if it is my products, my audience, my site, or all of the above...
Could you guys take a look at the site and let me know what you think and let me know how I can improve my conversions?
You have really cute products and I love your logo!
Here are a few suggestions:
- Increase your page speed, especially on mobile: I just did a quick test on Google PageSpeed Insights and Shopify Analyzer, the score is quite low. I highly recommend you run some tests with these tools and find what is slowing down your page. You can find the result on Shopify Analyzer here https://analyze.speedboostr.com/result/fksu8zawug
- Add social proof: testimonials can be very helpful to build trust and add credibility for the products and services you offer. You might find some reviews and ratings apps or even trust badge on Shopify app store. Though your products look great to me, I might be wondering if those are real or as good as they are in the pictures.
- Include your social accounts: Once again, I love your pictures, so why don't you share your, for example, Instagram and Facebook account on your store? I have searched your brand on Facebook too, as an audience, I would love to see your content in short videos (maybe real-life videos as testimonials). Who can resist a super cute baby moving around happily in your shirts :)
- Consider moving the banner up: as with the current layout, I was more likely to go to another page without scrolling down to see more of your Home page
- Add images or videos to your About us page: I think the story behind your brand has a great potential to be told and loved. Maybe a picture of your multi-culture family, or maybe a picture of your team in working, it would be great to make your brand more human and authentic. You'll know which is best for you ;)
Hope those ideas can help and I genuinely wish you success!
Hey Ropa De America,
The search landing page is disabled. Apart from it, "New Arrivals" are a must in the main menu to keep the customers updated regarding the latest store designs and trends. Other main observations for a more professional store look are as follows:
May the store modification help in improving the conversion rate to the fullest.
Hello @Ropa, First you need to make your store more organized and professional. The layout doesn't look good. Here are a few suggestions to increase your conversions and how you can improve your store:-
1. Home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this.
-Popular Products ( 4-8 Max ) I would only use 4
-Newsletter sign up box
3. Start giving loyalty points on activities like on signing up, allowing for push notifications, visiting a store, leaving a review. This will help you to entice your visitors and will also increase the number of push subscribers, reviews, newsletter subscribers. A loyalty program helps in increasing sales and increase the retention rate.
4. You can add a chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers. You can add web push notification which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store and without getting their email address.
These are some strategies that will help you to increase your conversions and reduce the abandoned cart rate.
If you would like to implement all these features to maximize engagement and conversions on your store I would suggest you to install AiTrillion.com. It has all the essential features in a single app and is a fully integrated app. It is 'All in One' Shopify app. Plus you don't need to install multiple apps. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.
Great recommendations! Thank you for all the suggestions... I have started implementing them already.
I have a questions though, I see everywhere that product reviews and recommendations are a great thing to have... but as I mentioned, I don't have sales, therefore I don't have anyway to get reviews etc... What would you guys suggest is a good way around this chicken and egg situation?
Let me know...
I'm Song Fei. You already have 300 visits, but only a couple added your products into the cart. That mean you attract uncorrelated people into your website. You need to revise your AD content and change your AD channel.
And if people add your products into the cart and didn't purchase. You may try this app Abandoned Cart Web Push
Abandoned Cart has always been a headache for most Shopify merchants. Web push notification- a great retargeting methods is able to solve this problem and turn these abandoned carts into revenue. Help Shopify store owner recapture the lost sales and increase the conversion rate.
My Pleasure! Happy to help you. Regarding the product reviews, you can use the following apps to import them and use their other exciting features as well:
Hi Ropa, regarding your problem to show recommendations without sales I believe I have a solution. Since you cannot put fake recommendations for social proofing you can just put stickers/labels to have the same FOMO/ urgency effect. For eg: you can put in 10% sales for limited time stickers, bestsellers stickers for those products which got some sales, back in stock stickers to let your customers know that your products are in demand.
Also, it will have another huge effect on your store - It will create a connection/ engagement between your store and your customer. You might get traffic from your ads but it will be your store that needs to connect or engage with your customers to urge them to buy your products. Research says you can get a boost of traffic to sales conversions by 148.3%!
You can achieve this easily by apps like ModeMagic. Here is an example of what your customers will see and then engage with -
I have gone through your site. Though it looks good, there are quite a few things missing on your store which if added can really make a lot of difference to the user experience, conversion rate and your overall sales.
Logo & Favicon :
Logo & Favicon -- Your logo should highlight your brand name. Add a favourite icon so users can locate your webpage easily.
A lot can be done to your homepage to make it more informative & attractive.
Your customer views this page to have an in-depth view of the products and services you offer.
App Integration :
Try This App - Cart2Sale ‑ Sales Booster .
11-in-1 App to Maximize your Sales and Conversion
Please check our fully functional Demo Store
Hope these suggestions are useful for you. Wish you many more sales in the future. If you have any queries, do let me know here.
MS Web Designer | Task4Store
20,000+ Tasks Completed | 1000+ Happy Clients
Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution