Some Visitors, No Sales

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey Guys,

I am very new to the ecom world and I have setup my first store... RopaDeAmerica.com

I have been doing as much research as possible on the best way to setup the store and I think I have done ok, but I still don't seem to be getting sales. I have had 300+ visitors and only a couple have added products to the cart, but no-one has checked out. I am currently running a couple of different FB ads which are getting a few clicks but no-one actually buys. My Facebook page is getting quite a few likes (100+ in a week) but again, they like the page but don't buy the products. 

I am not sure where to go, I don't know if it is my products, my audience, my site, or all of the above... 

Could you guys take a look at the site and let me know what you think and let me know how I can improve my conversions?

Thanks

Ropa

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @Ropa,

You have really cute products and I love your logo!

Here are a few suggestions:

- Increase your page speed, especially on mobile: I just did a quick test on Google PageSpeed Insights and Shopify Analyzer, the score is quite low. I highly recommend you run some tests with these tools and find what is slowing down your page. You can find the result on Shopify Analyzer here https://analyze.speedboostr.com/result/fksu8zawugScreen Shot 2020-02-19 at 10.12.00 AM.png

- Add social proof: testimonials can be very helpful to build trust and add credibility for the products and services you offer. You might find some reviews and ratings apps or even trust badge on Shopify app store. Though your products look great to me, I might be wondering if those are real or as good as they are in the pictures.

- Include your social accounts: Once again, I love your pictures, so why don't you share your, for example, Instagram and Facebook account on your store? I have searched your brand on Facebook too, as an audience, I would love to see your content in short videos (maybe real-life videos as testimonials). Who can resist a super cute baby moving around happily in your shirts :)

- Consider moving the banner up: as with the current layout, I was more likely to go to another page without scrolling down to see more of your Home pageScreen Shot 2020-02-19 at 10.22.14 AM.png

- Add images or videos to your About us page: I think the story behind your brand has a great potential to be told and loved. Maybe a picture of your multi-culture family, or maybe a picture of your team in working, it would be great to make your brand more human and authentic. You'll know which is best for you ;)

Hope those ideas can help and I genuinely wish you success!

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- PageFly Page Builder: Website | Facebook | LinkedIn | Group | Youtube
- [Tutorial] Get more tips on using PageFly to soar sales this season
- [Master Guides]: Get Your Shopify Store Ready for Black Friday
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1958 124 434

Hey Ropa De America,

The search landing page is disabled. Apart from it, "New Arrivals" are a must in the main menu to keep the customers updated regarding the latest store designs and trends. Other main observations for a more professional store look are as follows:

1. Central banner must be placed immediately below the Logo, Main menu and Sidelinks for a more professional store look.
  2. The language converter should be shifted on the top right of the header beside the search bar and cart instead of the footer.
  3. A unique header template is compulsary for highlighting amazing discounts or free shipping offers if any.
  4. I would love to see an Account login/sign-in system, as it is a must for an ecommerce.
  5. Login, when added, should be placed beside the search bar and cart for a more systematic header approach.
  6. Vertical alignment of all footer links is a must for better orientation.
  7. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Linked In must be added to the footer to strengthen customer association.
  8. All discounted products should be a part of the "Sale" section which should be added to the main menu.
  9. For better customer choice, Product Reviews are a must below each item.
  10. Instagram images and Testimonials are a must for instant brand promotion.
  11. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  12. Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

May the store modification help in improving the conversion rate to the fullest.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1426 72 242

Hello @Ropa, First you need to make your store more organized and professional. The layout doesn't look good. Here are a few suggestions to increase your conversions and how you can improve your store:-

1. Home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. 

-Slideshow Image 

-Collection List  

-Popular Products ( 4-8 Max ) I would only use 4

-Testimonials

-Newsletter sign up box

2. Add quick links in the footer. It includes shipping policy, refund policy, privacy policy.

3. Start giving loyalty points on activities like on signing up, allowing for push notifications, visiting a store, leaving a review. This will help you to entice your visitors and will also increase the number of push subscribers, reviews, newsletter subscribers. A loyalty program helps in increasing sales and increase the retention rate.

4. You can add a chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers. You can add web push notification which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store and without getting their email address. 

These are some strategies that will help you to increase your conversions and reduce the abandoned cart rate.

If you would like to implement all these features to maximize engagement and conversions on your store I would suggest you to install AiTrillion.com. It has all the essential features in a single app and is a fully integrated app. It is 'All in One' Shopify app. Plus you don't need to install multiple apps. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Great recommendations! Thank you for all the suggestions... I have started implementing them already.

I have a questions though, I see everywhere that product reviews and recommendations are a great thing to have... but as I mentioned, I don't have sales, therefore I don't have anyway to get reviews etc... What would you guys suggest is a good way around this chicken and egg situation?

Let me know...

Thanks again!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
109 3 7

Hi Ropa,

I'm Song Fei. You already have 300 visits, but only a couple added your products into the cart. That mean you attract uncorrelated people into your website. You need to revise your AD content and change your AD channel.

And if people add your products into the cart and didn't purchase. You may try this app Abandoned Cart Web Push

Abandoned Cart has always been a headache for most Shopify merchants. Web push notification- a great retargeting methods is able to solve this problem and turn these abandoned carts into revenue. Help Shopify store owner recapture the lost sales and increase the conversion rate.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1958 124 434

My Pleasure! Happy to help you. Regarding the product reviews, you can use the following apps to import them and use their other exciting features as well:

• Judge.me offers you an automated, sophisticated way to collect and display customer reviews of your products.  The app sends out review emails to past customers who can write their reviews directly in the email. 
  • Loox is a great option if you’re looking for a product review Shopify app that leverages the power of images. The app sends automatic review requests via email to customers.
  • Editorify-Product Reviews: This app allows you to import reviews from numerous sources including Aliexpress, Alibaba, Etsy and Walmart. These can be photo reviews or old-fashioned text-based reviews.
  • Rivyo Product review: Grab the attention of your audience with real reviews, submitted by past customers. The reviews can take the form of standard reviews and you can also implement a unique FAQ customer-centric approach.
Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
29 0 12

Hi Ropa, regarding your problem to show recommendations without sales I believe I have a solution. Since you cannot put fake recommendations for social proofing you can just put stickers/labels to have the same FOMO/ urgency effect. For eg: you can put in 10% sales for limited time stickers, bestsellers stickers for those products which got some sales, back in stock stickers to let your customers know that your products are in demand. 

Also, it will have another huge effect on your store - It will create a connection/ engagement between your store and your customer. You might get traffic from your ads but it will be your store that needs to connect or engage with your customers to urge them to buy your products. Research says you can get a boost of traffic to sales conversions by 148.3%!

You can achieve this easily by apps like ModeMagic. Here is an example of what your customers will see and then engage with - 

ropadeamerica.png

Sakshi | Growth Architect @ModeMagic
- If you think my reply was helpful, click Like to let me know!
- Want to boost sales conversion on your store? Click here for ModeMagic - An app that gives your store a makeover results in more engagement and conversions.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
277 13 55

Hi,  

I have gone through your site. Though it looks good, there are quite a few things missing on your store which if added can really make a lot of difference to the user experience, conversion rate and your overall sales.

Logo & Favicon :

Logo & Favicon -- Your logo should highlight your brand name. Add a favourite icon so users can locate your webpage easily.

HEADER & FOOTER :

1. Header -- Have a sticky header and a clear smart search bar to help users locate the products they're looking for.Also a slide out cart, a cart icon with item calculator must have features. Login icon must be there for buyer account creation before purchasing.
  2. Footer -- Optimize your footer with more professional and functional look and also highlight your newsletter sign up so people who follow your brand will receive more updates about promotions and sales. There are legal policy pages which are missing in the footer that must be included for authenticity and security purpose

HOMEPAGE :

A lot can be done to your homepage to make it more informative & attractive.

1. Banners & Branding -- Add hero banner with prompt CTA buttons that syncs well with your store theme & branding. This banner should include info like free shipping, offers/deals like 50% off, etc
  2. Color, Font & Branding -- Over All Text, Font , Paragraph , Alignment , Spacing , Padding etc should be more elegant so that your store looks well-organized, neat and visually appealing. Maintain the same or similar colors and fonts throughout your store to keep your  branding intact 
  3. Featured Collection -- Add all the top featured collection on the homepage so users know the type of products you're selling on your store.
  4. Featured / Bestseller products -- Engage your customers by letting them know the bestseller products on your store                                     
  5. Testimonials -- They add to the trust factor as when customers see what other buyers have to say about your products, it makes them more sure about your brand.
  6. Highlight your USP -- What's unique about your brand that none of the other Shopify merchants have? This needs to be highlighted in your store presentation, features & more.
  7. Trust Badge on Home Page -- This is important as this helps to build trust and assures your customers that your brand is authentic

COLLECTION PAGE :

Your customer views this page to have an in-depth view of the products and services you offer.

1. Banner adding on Collection page -- Make your collection page stand out with interesting & creative collection banners
  2. Product filter for easy navigation -- Categorize & filter products by their size, color or type so users find product to product navigation easy.
  3. Product Label -- Product labels like % off, ‘New Arrival’, ‘Sold Out’ must be there must be there for the ease of the buyer
  4. Product Showcasing -- Clear product title and description , high quality images , reviews , related products , color swatch function, grey effect for sold out products , product labels . All these features make your store much more convenient, authentic, easy to use and user friendly.
    Example of Good Collection Page

PRODUCT PAGE :

1. Features like custom swatches, product zoom in, product reviews, unique product titles/descriptions and  cart drawer that will make your product page more interactive and user-friendly.
  2. You Can Add Sticky Add to cart / Buy Now Bar on Your Product Page : Demo Example

This floating bar on the product page makes it impossible for your customers to miss checkout with the always visible Sticky Add to Cart Bar. Here the user can quickly select the variants, sizes and quantities for their order and checkout directly. You can use this app Cart2Sale ‑ Sales Booster
    Example of Good Product Page

CART PAGE :

1. Sticky Buy now or add to cart button ,Sticky cart -- A Sticky Cart feature or sticky checkout bar reduces cart abandonment and engages the customer in your store.
  2. Functionality Of Cart Page -- Discount code , Gift wrapping , additional cart notes , delivery date picker, i agree with terms and conditions, trust badges, etc.  for personalizing your customer's shopping experience on the cart page. You to try our all-in-one app, Cart2Sale ‑ Sales Booster

Example of Good Cart Page

INTEGRATIONS :

1. Social Media Link -- Include links to your Facebook, Twitter and Instagram or any other social media business pages.
  2. Proper integration of Google Analytics, Facebook store, Instagram store, google search console -- These features will help you track and analyze how customers interact with your store.
  3. Proper setup shipping, taxes -- Set up shipping and taxes options for different areas/countries or for particular products.
  4. Google shopping -- Let your users easily discover & buy your products with Google smart shopping marketing campaigns.

App Integration :

Try This App - Cart2Sale ‑ Sales Booster .
11-in-1 App to Maximize your Sales and Conversion

1. Sticky Add to Cart Bar and Buy Now Button
  2. Sticky Checkout Bar
  3. Sticky Cart Icon
  4. Quick Buy Button
  5. Free Shipping Bar
  6. I Agree to the Terms and Conditions Checkbox
  7. Gift Wrapping
  8. Delivery Date Picker
  9. How Did You Know About Us
  10. Additional Cart Notes
  11. Trust Badges

Please check our fully functional Demo Store

Hope these suggestions are useful for you. Wish you many more sales in the future. If you have any queries, do let me know here.

Good luck!

Sudipta 
MS Web Designer | Task4Store
20,000+ Tasks Completed | 1000+ Happy Clients

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution

0 Likes