Someone Please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Tourist
6 0 2

I launched my store on Nov 14th. I have had about 1000 sessions so far because I have paid for advertisements with Pinterest, Google Adwords, Facebook etc.. I have yet to make ONE sale. I have made multiple adjustments since I've launched to try and weed out what the issue is, including dropping my prices for early black Friday deals and offering $20 off of $100 for signing up and editing my home page appearance. 

Please take a look if you can and let me know what I should adjust?!  As for inventory I know I don't have a lot of apparel, only kimonos, I will be adding more soon and I am also planning on streamlining my pillow selection to mostly neutral stuff. 

www.granolavillage.ca 

Thank you in advance! 

Hailey

0 Likes

Hey @GranolaVillage,

Congratulations on your store launch! I feel for you about the ads and lack of conversions, when you put money in, you definitely want a return on your investment.

I want you to succeed so here is my honest feedback..

Clothing and accessories are an extremely saturated market which makes them extremely hard to rank for, you are competing with huge, well known stores as well as many independently owned businesses so you need to find a way to stand out. What is different about you is the fact that you feature Canadian companies.

Christmas is coming and a lot of people (especially now) want to support local. Rather than spending ads to reach a broad audience, I'd suggest reining it in a little and target your local community instead. A lot of people run ads hoping that people will come to them but if you get the wrong type of traffic (people not interested/not buying) then it is just a waste, it eats up your ad budget and you don't get a return on your investment. If I was you, I'd be curating Christmas gift ideas or Christmas baskets with products from local makers and posting in local marketplaces and buy and sell groups. You can always grow and expand but it's a good place to start.

My last piece of advice would be to spend some time on you SEO. This is going to help generate organic (free) traffic. The most important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience. We hear from a lot of store owners A LOT that they get a lot of traffic but no conversions. We’ve created a video walking you through how to do your SEO properly so that you can target your intended audience:

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up!

Best of luck!

PS: If you need some graphics for your store for Black Friday, we just released a free pack. They look like this:

bf2020-forums.png

They come in 4 different colors and have percentage variations ranging from 20%-80% off. You can download them for free when you sign up for our email list.

Enjoy!

Dropshipping with no sales? Learn how to find WINNING products!
0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 2

Thank you, all of the points you made are very valid. I am trying to market local on Facebook market and to buy and sell groups. I had one person sign up for emails but no conversions YET. I will keep trying that avenue and try the "gift package" idea you suggested. I know I have to learn about SEO, it's been on my "to do" list. I will definitely check out the video. 

Thank you for your input! It's good to know that I'm not in this alone. I keep wondering "is this thing on?" 

Best Regards, 

Hailey

Shopify Partner
844 21 243

Hi @GranolaVillage !

The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand for it? Does that mean the product is bad? 

Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.

Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.

90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well. 

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
Shopify Partner
2072 117 378

Hello @GranolaVillage, I hope you are doing good! Here are a few suggestions you can work on:

The home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- New arrivals, Bestsellers- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed

- Add a loyalty program. Start using a loyalty program to entice your customers. It will help you build a loyal customer base. You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like signing up, allowing for web push notifications, make a purchase, visiting a store, and many more. This will help in doubling the sales as when you give loyalty points to your customers they will come again to your store to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. You can give rewards to your customers to redeem those points.

- Welcome customers with welcome & discount popup.

Add a chatbot- Welcome new visitors, boost your customer engagement, deliver personalized recommendations, and much more. Give customers instant answers 24/7 with the help of the live ChatBot.

Enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, welcome email, purchase follow-up, or browse abandoned customers.

- Make sure to use email marketing automation to reach your customers.

These strategies will help you to engage visitors coming to your store and converting them into prospective or paying customers. You will be able to target your customers in real-time. 

Hope this Helps! 

Moreover, I suggest trying out the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions. 

I am also happy to assist you in setting up the above features in your store. Looking forward to your reply soon.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 2

Hi Adelia, 

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate your feedback. I have discounted my products mostly because I am concerned that my prices are too high and that is why I haven't had sales. I was concerned that it would give off an air of desperation though. You are the second person to give me feedback about offering loyalty rewards so I will definitely look into that. I will check out Growave as it sounds great to get all of those features with one app, I don't like having so many apps to manage. 

Thanks,

Hailey

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
417 9 68

Hi @GranolaVillage 

I am Vinod from Bombay India - Providing Professional Website Design & Development, Google & Bing Ads Management, Conversion Rate Optimization, Email Marketing Services to small & medium business clients across the globe.

Below is my feedback.

1. Good logo great store.

2. Avoid the popup which says about more XX dollar for free shipping. User Exp Does not recommend.

3. Are the stones real or synthetic (example - rose quartz)

4. Add icons of Non-toxic, paraben & phthalate free fragrances.

5. How many hours do the candles burn please mention that.

I would love to grow your business online via digital channels.

Thanks

Vinod

Vinod Sachdev.
Digital Marketing Consultant
Google & Bing Ads | Web Design & Development | Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
15+ years Industry Experience & Knowledge of Latest Web Technologies
250+ Clients Served - across USA, UK, Spain, Caribbean Islands, India & more.
625+ Paid Ads Search, Shopping, Display, Re-Marketing Campaigns Successfully Managed which achieved higher sales
100+ Custom Websites & Landing Pages Designed & Developed

email vinod.digitalcentrics@gmail.com | https://digitalcentrics.com/