Someone please look at my store. 500 visitors in a day and no sales

Highlighted
7 0 0
www.snuggiebuggie.net I’ve gotten ab 500 visitors a day and no sales. A few add to carts but that’s it and I don’t know if it’s my product, my website, or just that I’m tageting a crappy audience
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1958 123 433

Hey Snuggie,

"Improving the user experience and gently guiding your prospects toward a conversion requires you to focus on the overall store presentation and layout". Given below are some of my suggestions for store optimization:

• "Currency converter" is a must as you deal with worldwide shipping.
  • A "BUY NOW" Button is an instant "Call to Action" which when added helps in simplifying the checkout process.
  • "Instagram boasts over 1 billion active users, 500 million of whom use Stories every day". Hence, it is an effective source of store advertising. You can also add social links like "Facebook, Twitter, and Linked in" to the site footer to yield better results.
  • "Site identification" can be better facilitated by adding a "favicon" to it.
  • "Login account" can increase customer retention and the number of visits as well. Hence, they are very much essential for better ecommerce purposes.
  • You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  • Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  • Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

I hope the above points help. All the best!

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @Jacksonb1,

If you have abandoned carts, you should check if your cart and check out page are optimized or not. For example in Cart page, there are 2 check out buttons, that's kinda distraction.

fb11.png

If you have more checkout options such as VISA or PayPal, you should feature the logo for available check out too.

In Check out page, You need to explain why you need some of the customer information, what are they for, because of not many users willing to give their phone number or email without some assurance that you're not going to use that for marketing purposes

fb22.png

One thing to note is instead of using Delivery Speed, you should use Deliver Date, tell your customer that he/she will receive their goods on 10 May give them more assurance.

fb33.png

You can read more about Cart page optimization here

I hope you find this helpful,

Cheers

- Do you need to customize your landing page, product page, blog, coming soon, FAQ, about us pages? Check out PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
33 3 12

Yes. Start with your targeting. Where is your traffic coming from? If you are running social media campaigns, targeting could be an issue. 500 clicks/day is a sizable enough sample size.

If the traffic is relevant, then you start to look at your website for conversion issues and the following areas:

• Product photography could be better. On your product page, the main product image is a little blurry which isn't ideal.
  • Check product descriptions for typos. For example, "He softness of a blanket with the cut oversized hoodie is here." Should be "The softness..."
  • Share your story by including an "About" page. Who are you? Why "this" business? Share your passion and your story. 
  • Consider adding a phone number or physical address to your contact page. Right now your store doesn't have a face beyond an email address and a contact form.
  • Refine your return policy. Currently mentions books and CDs. 

Shawn

Marketing Strategy @ Deep Varnish

https://experts.shopify.com/shawn-graham

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0
I am currently advertising my product on Snapchat. I am targeting “online shoppers”, “fashion gurus”, “retail buyers”, and I have an ad that doesn’t have an interest. The two ads that are getting traffic are “fashion gurus” and the ad with no interest selected. They seem to be doing well they are each getting about 250 swipe ups each days for a total of 500. I fixed everything. I fixed the typos, added an address, made an about page, etc.... and I launch my ads again but still no sales and a few add to carts so it has to be my audiences but I’m not sure where to go from here.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
33 3 12

Online shoppers and retail buyers seems really, really, really broad as does no interest selected. How many unique visits is your site getting per day? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0
On average about 275. I’m starting to narrow it down to maybe I’m just not doing the best advertising but I want to make sure that it’s not because I have a bad website.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
33 3 12

A few thoughts. Try experimenting with ads on other platforms. Facebook is usually the easiest for new stores. Targeting gives you a lot of options and you can text images/video/written copy. 250-500 clicks per day with no conversions with most of your traffic coming from Snapchat ads sounds like a targeting issue/disconnect. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0
I’ve done lots of research on Facebook ads. I’m having trouble as to what interest group I should target for selling a blanket/hoodie.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
33 3 12

Start with parents. Fashion gurus also doesn't seem aligned with blanket hoodies now that you mention it. 

0 Likes