Something's missing.

Highlighted
3 0 0

I've been at it with my coffee site for a few months, and while I've generated 500+ visitors a day and have made a few sales here and there, I feel like something's really missing from really converting a ton of sales. This past weekend, I ran a "Buy One, Get One 50% off" Father's Day Sale. Despite that, I managed to have 3 add to cart, 2 reach checkout, but 1 sale.

Just today, I'm getting the same result that I've had all weekend, but no sale. Something is stopping customers from closing the deal, and I don't know what or why.

Screenshot_20200622-124038_Shopify.jpg

I'm running out of ideas on how to enhance the store, although I'm trying to find a reputable blogger to do a weekly piece to draw more eyes. I really could use some feedback for more ideas/tips.

www.sunsetbean.com

0 Likes
Highlighted

Your product pages are going to need tons of work. If you want to make more money, make your product pages 10x better. Also, even with a good CTR or tons of traffic, if people are not buying then it's not the right traffic. Not all traffic is created equal. The one thing we tell each client is that you can get traffic of all kinds but that does not mean it's the right traffic for your store. Focus on the quality of traffic coming to your site and not the quantity.

Product Page  Feedback

1. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. A lot of products I saw only had 1 or 2 images

2. Add links to your shipping and return/refund policy on each product page... don't add the content in a drop down feature

3. Remove the Buy It Now button and focus on getting people to Add To Cart

4. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof and makes it easier for people to trust your brand. Ask past customers for reviews is a great way to get this started

5. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

6. Make sure all your product images are the same size and dimensions as you add more to the product pages This is going to help tie your site together

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted

Hey, 

I took a look at your store and here are things I noticed:

• It looks well done and very professional.
  • It's missing some social proof, so reviews for each of your products. I advise sending some family and friends these products to add to the reviews.
  • Some of your products like this Canarias Yerba Mate is missing descriptions which would be very useful
  • The about us page could probably use some reworking as it looks like it needs a little help.

But right now we can only point out things we see.

There's a lot of the process we can't see.

My advice is to start tracking your data and then make the changes and see if it impacts your metrics. You need to look at it from different perspectives not just conversion rate, but bounce rate, time on page, cart abandonment rate, and product detail view rate at the minimum to understand what can be improved. 

If you would like, I can provide a free analytics consultation which involves:

• taking a deep dive into your data: look at where your traffic comes from, what they do on site, why they might be dropping off
  • identifying metrics that and areas that could cause issue
  • working together to see what we can improve to bring up that conversion rate
  • at the end of the day you know your market the best, but I can help to provide key insights and a second opinion on what could be improved

If you are interested just send me your email in a private message and we can work together more efficiently via email. 

If you have any questions, I'm open to being fully transparent. I'm really just looking for some positive reviews for my app. And if you like the app keep it and pay for it.

Cheers,

ui-gab
https://www.uiavenue.ca
We specialize in data analytics. If I've helped you today, please give our give our app a try (15-day free trial) https://apps.shopify.com/ui-ave-analytics and maybe write a good review.
Send me a message if you want a free data analysis consultation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 1 1

First, I think @DuaneBrown gave you some solid advice on the traffic & product page aspects so no need to expand on that.

I do think you need to look at your competition and put yourself in your visitors' shoes. I'm really into specialty coffee, so this one hits close to home. It's a VERY saturated market, but since it's consumable there's plenty of room for new entrants. One thing is vital in the coffee space, though—design. You need to differentiate and always make sure you're immersing your audience in the journey of your product.

I'm willing to spend top dollar for exceptional coffee, but I don't think you're telling me enough about the beans for me to want to purchase your coffee over another brand. Cuvee Coffee, for instance, tells me all about their Ethiopian light roast in story form. The bag also breaks down the tasting notes in layman's terms—"fruity & wild." (https://cuveecoffee.com/collections/all-coffee/products/ethiopia). To back up Duane's point, take a look at all of the photos they included. Do you need to see the sides of the bag? No, but it helps lend credibility to your brand and builds trust. Also, don't overlook the story they tell about the process. These things are so important to specialty coffee enthusiasts (the only group willing to pay $21 for 12 oz. of coffee beans).

Coffee Manufactory also does a great job of telling each roast's origin story, both visually and written. [https://coffeemanufactory.com/products/03-ethiopia-geta-bora]

On your collection page, you only list the origin. I would try including a bit more information there. Roast level is especially important to me, personally, but it would require some experimenting to see what works best with your customers.

Definitely use more photography. Both your products and photos of coffee plantations, plants, growers, roasters, etc. all feed into the narrative that specialty coffee fans like so much. It also brings visitors closer to your brand. Use your home page to explain what sets you apart from other roasters. Why should we buy your coffee instead of the hundreds/thousands of other options? The top of the home page is the place to set yourself apart, then explain how your products back that up by introducing them and weaving them into that story through more immersive content.

I think that investing in a professional designer for your packaging might go a long way as well. It could help establish more of a personality for your brand that you can incorporate into your site. If it's not in the budget right now, you can definitely get by with site improvements in the meantime.

It all really comes down to trying new things and keeping an eye on your analytics to see what moves the needle. It doesn't seem like you have enough traffic (yet) to do any statistically-significant testing, but you can always talk to your market to get some insights/feedback on changes you make to your site. This can all be done at a really low cost and will get you some really valuable feedback to inform your strategy.

If you have any specific questions, please feel free to ask away

Good luck with your store!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello @SunsetBeanCo ,

I just had a look at your store, your store looks great. I have a few suggestions for you hope they might help you.

• There is no review option, try adding that feature social reviews helps you a lot in bringing sales. 
  • There are no trust badges at your checkout page, try adding them as trust badges help your customers know that your site is safe to shop. 
  • I have also found that there are only a few products in your store, try adding more products so that your customers will have a lot of options to select from.
  • Also, try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
  • Try adding some sale offers to your products to attract customers.
  • Add a blog page, blog page helps you to share more about your website and products which increases your site visibility.

I hope our feedback helps you.

Thanks,

Droppersstop

Droppersstop is an aliexpress dropshipping app that imports products from aliexpress to your Shopify store.The following are the features of droppersstop:-
Free plan available, Importing products from aliexpress individually, Bulk importing from aliexpress, Pricing automation, Inventory price and stock auto-update, Product customization, Automated order fulfillment.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1958 123 433

Hey Sunset Bean Company,

"Homepage is the key area of the user journey of any ecommerce store".Hence, it needs to be "eye-catching" in order to convince the user to buy. Pay attention to the below tips to improve your sales rate: 

• Multiple newsletters are not desirable on the homepage.
  • Improve your "store logo" a little bit more by adding a diiferent font style and some graphics for better customer engagement.
  • "Home" button is missing from the dropdown menu.
  • You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  • Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  • Finally, I would also recommend you to try Sparq product filters and search to replace the default search on your store, this app allows advanced custom tag product filters for collection pages, synonyms, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with the search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here

All the best! 

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
386 34 155

Coffee lovers are probably the pickiest people I have met (I am one as well) As you might know if there is one coffee brand a person has been consuming for, it will be quite hard to make them switch to another one. One major thing that can help you do it is the trust. 

For that I recommend enabling Reviews on your site so that new customers have something to rely on when make the decision. 

Also, since coffee beans e are something that will most likely be purchased by one person several times.For better customer retention I recommend using Rewards program  that will give out various discounts depending on how much a person has spent on your store or how many actions he/she has completed (left a review, shared the site, created account etc.)

You can add a feature of assembling a bundle of three types of beans and get then in a more affordable price than if they were bought separately. 

When I heard "sunset" I thought of a colorful warm toned site that remind of coffee plantations during the sunset. However, there is no such vibe on the site. Maybe use different design? 

For adding some of the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  Growave.

We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts etc. 

There is a free plan available.

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post. 

Take care and stay healthy <3

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more 

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
67 2 13

Hey @SunsetBeanCo 

Congrats on your store , nice range of coffee that you have displayed here , I like the fact you have taken coffee products , sometimes people don't realise how important coffee I , it basically starts my day , nothing beats a good cup of joe in the morning . i come from a design profession s wanted to give you some design inputs on your site , I've gone through you store , I think the key factor that you are missing on your store is the trust factor between your customer and the store , some of these tips can enhance that 

1. te site is missing your logo in the first place , have a decent logo made and added to the landing page so that they know its a reputable brand , add slideshows ad banners showing offers and sale products on your website
2. increase the number of products available on your page . add products that will go well with your coffee , like coffee mugs , gift hampers , so that they don't have to go to another store to get these items 
3. Make sure the for from the time the user enters your page to the checkout is seamless and without any hiccups . The transactions and order summary should be well maintained .
4. make sure the delivery happens on the given date and the tracking is available on your page rather than depending on a third party site for updates 
5. Add product labels to your page , they do increase sales and plus gives your product better definition . ill leave a link of an app that can help you with this. 

Stay Safe 
Zabu 

https://apps.shopify.com/modemagic?&utm_source=shopify_community&utm_medium=group&utm_campaign=store...

Increasing Sales one Sticker at a time
https://apps.shopify.com/modemagic
0 Likes