Hi all, was just wondering if I could have some feedback on my new store which launched recently. The layout and design is all done and iv added quite a few products recently and I am in the process of adding a few thousands new lines over the coming week or so.
Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on it so far and if there is anything I could do to improve on what I have done so far?
Any feedback is appreciated!
Before I get into my feedback, I wanted to let you know that we are giving away prizes every week leading up to Christmas. Prizes include things like custom logos and favicons, custom store banners, one hour of store tweaks and for one lucky person, we are giving away a complete store re-design. To get your entry in, all you need to do is sign up for our email newsletter. Oh, and we are giving away FREE Christmas store banners and pop up graphics automatically to everyone who signs up.
Now, onto my feedback..
First off, congratulations on your store launch! It fills a need in the market, well done!
My first thought is to spend some time on your SEO. Most people are going to find you by a Google search for a specific part they are looking for. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to be intentional about the words you use so that you are reaching your intended audience. We have a video walking you through how to do your SEO:
My next recommendation is just a minor one, the spacing needs a fix in your product descriptions:
My final recommendation is to get those other items in there a/s/a/p. When you start getting visitors you want to make that first impression a positive one. A person will give you a shot and see if you have the part they need but if they don't they will look elsewhere. If you have the part/(s) the visitor is looking for, you will likely have a repeat customer referrals as well.
Great job and best of luck!
We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!
Hi @EcomGeeks, thanks for your feedback. Great advice and I will take a look into the SEO. Im glad you higlighted the issue with that product, I think this was from our other store and the database that transfered over and it made some errors with the first few products to go on the site. We have now changed all of our product layout, iv copied a few of the links in below if you could possibly give any feedback on the new product layouts.
Tira here, from support.
Welcome to Shopify and congratulations on launching your store.
Thanks @EcomGeeks for the suggestion. I wanted to add some additional insights to what you've mentioned and some resources from Shopify to help.
If you’re looking to enhance your SEO, I recommend taking a look at our help doc: Improving your search engine optimization (SEO) for an overview of SEO, how to add keywords to your SEO, optimizing your site structure for search engines, finding and submitting your sitemap, hiding a page from search engines and frequently asked questions about SEO.
One area that I think your store would benefit from (which is also mentioned in @EcomGeeks’s video) is adding keywords to your store. Using specific keywords on your store helps you appear higher in search results and helps customers find your store. You can do some keyword research to figure out which keywords your customers use and then add these keywords to your store. We’ve got a blog post that you can review to learn more about keyword research and how to do it: How to Conduct Keyword Research for Ecommerce from the Ground Up. Have you tried keyword research before?
I can see that you’ve gone ahead and added alt text to your product images, which is great! Image alt text is important for your search engine optimization as search engines can’t read images, but they can read text.
I think you could enhance this by adding more words that describe your product. You can check out our help doc on the steps to add alt text here: Set image alt text.
If you need some inspiration on what alt text to add, I recommend checking out our UX Blog that covers why alt text matters, what it is, and how you can add it to your store: Considerations when writing alt text.
What are your thoughts?
Hey @Tira, thank you for taking a look. I Will have a good look over the links you have suggested and perhaps add some extra wording to our image alts. Its something that made a big difference to another store I run so was one of the first things I added on this one.
Thanks for your suggestions, and if you have any more I would love ot hear them.
Hi @SpareAndSquare ,
I'm Richard from PageFly Page Builder.
I'm just checking your store speed and this is the result.
I think your store's content is quite large, causing the speed to be lower. You can consider changing some codes and irrelevant content.
Hello @SpareAndSquare, I hope you are doing good! here are some suggestions:
- Showcase reviews, testimonials on the homepage.
- Setup announcement bars or timers to promote your offers on the store. AiTrillion has pre-designed templates of announcement bar, timer & sales motivator bars.
- You can add an affiliate marketing program to increase your influencers and it will help to increase sellers.
- Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.
Overall your store looks great. All you need to do is maximize engagement.
If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.
Hope this Helps!
The store theme looks really cool and elegant. I have a few suggestions too. Here is my feedback.
1. The text font on the products needs to be more cleaner and refined. It should look pleasing and clear to the eyes. Please see the screenshot below
2. Your social platforms on the footer needs rechecking. The YouTube icon is leading to Shopify YouTube Channel, The Twitter account is suspended and the Facebook page also leading to not available.
3. Since you are dealing with multiple products so I would recommend adding one more header on your homepage with a collage image of your major products and a strong caption that defines your brand/service excellence. This will tell the new visitor your product range idea in the first exposure.
4. Integrate an exit intent pop up to the store to protect your store exits and bounce rate. I can recommend you Wheelify app by Care Cart to make your store interactive. It opens a simple game pop up to protect the exits and deliver discount codes.
5. Add a live chat widget on the store as well to make your store more interactive and you can welcome your potential customers and answer their queries as well.
6. Integrate a mechanism to intelligently collect your store visitors' email ids so that you can retarget them through email campaigns. You can integrate Abandoned Cart Recovery by Care Cart to implement this feature.
7. If possible, create a crisp marketing video (stock one) that should showcase your products and offers. The video content always has a tendency to go viral and get a good exposure.
8. Use the power of Instagram and stories and Facebook live feature to introduce your products and share interesting news revolving around your niche. This will help you in community generation.
Hope my answer adds value to your upcoming work on the store. Good Luck