Spending $200 a day and no sales. Help!

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Guys,

I launched my online store 2 days ago (www.poshaffair.com.au) selling clothing from a popular Australian brand. It's not a drop shipping business I actually took the pictures and everything, and for the launch I did a 60% storewide sale, which i'm thinking is crazy, and who would miss out on this? on top of that i'm giving $20 vouchers for people that sign up to my newsletter.

I started doing online ads about 2 months ago to build my social media accounts a bit and collect some emails by giving $25 vouchers. I collected 150 email before I started.

It has only been 3 days now but i'm spending big money on advertising, about $250 a day and getting a lot of traffic, about 800 sessions a day with the average session duration 01:40 and bounce rate 42% and average 4.3 pages per session.

I'm currently running Facebook & Instagram ads and adwords. I'm also doing MailChimp newsletters reminding customers about the 60% sale and using their coupons. Also started running re-marketing ads with adroll but it hasn't kicked in yet

Please tell me what am i doing wrong?

Thanks

0 Likes

Your store is pretty easy to navigate. I have worked on a few major fashion brands including ASOS. I'd not give 60% off as that is going to cheapen your brand and not get you the type of customers you want. At most maybe do 10% off with a popup offer that asks for their email address.

Something we tell everyone, including all our client is that not all traffic is created equal. If you get the wrong kind of traffic to your store then no one is going to convert. It's no different then getting the wrong people in your shop on the street. We recommend our ecommerce clients start off on Google Shopping as you can target people based on what they are searching for. Even if you have setup Google Shopping, you have to make sure you bids are not to high as your $250/day budget will run out. You also want to make sure your campaign structure is correct too. This will help you run an efficient and effective campaign. For Facebook we setup them with a Dynamic Product Ads campaign to retarget people who have been to your store (see blow).

Facebook Ad Account
If you have not, you should Setup your Facebook Catalog. That way you can run Dynamic Product Ads (DPA), which is remarketing/retargeting on Facebook and Instagram. When someone comes to your site and does not buy.. you can show them an ad later on Facebook and Instagram. The DPA campaigns are always the best return on ad spend for our clients. It's good to start with site visitors or people who have added something to their cart/stated checkout but have not bought anything.

I don't think there is anything wrong with your store. You just need to make sure you are getting the right traffic and you have the right campaign structure. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thank you so much this was really helpful and makes perfect sense.

I'm still trying to get my head around google shopping. I'm pretty familiar with facebook, insta, and adwords. I been trying to get started with google shopping and i started a campaign but nothing is happening yet, not sure if i'm doing anything wrong. Would you consider doing half an hour to an hour tutoring for me on these subjects? also your experience with other brands would be very helpful. for a fee offcourse.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sure, we can do a 60 minute consult and make sure your setup is how we would do it. We would need access to your Google Ads Account to do a quick review of your campaigns before we talk. The60 minute consult is split between a 30 minute review of your campaigns and a 30 minute review with you on Zoom.us. Send me an email Duane @ takesomerisk.com (no spaces).

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
164 5 34

Hello @Amiratme 

Just checked your store the design is great.

This is Vinod - Digital Marketing Consultant from Digital Centrics located in Bombay India.

You need to check your Marketing campaign setups which needs to be done in a correct way along with a detailed optimization which is an ongoing process in any marketing campaign ( Bing and Google Ads / FB Ads  / Organic)

Thank you!

Vinod Sachdev.
Digital Marketing Consultant
Google & Bing Ads | Web Design & Development | Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
15+ years Industry Experience & Knowledge of Latest Web Technologies
250+ Clients Served - across USA, UK, Spain, Caribbean Islands, India & more.
625+ Paid Ads Search, Shopping, Display, Re-Marketing Campaigns Successfully Managed which achieved higher sales
100+ Custom Websites & Landing Pages Designed & Developed

email vinod.digitalcentrics@gmail.com | https://digitalcentrics.com/
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Amiratme

Your store looks great, I'm not sure if the 60% is not a good idea as other suggested, it needs to be tested properly, It could be a way for you shine in the sea of brands, to get potential customers curious and click your ads, which is probably the most important step, people do like sales, women that buys dresses likes sales of good brands, of quality, of trendy fashion.

Everything top to bottom, branding, design, theme, colors, images optimization (speed)... looks very professional, all but your Story! when you talk about fashion people want to know who are you? what's your story, do we speak the same fashion language, what inspires you? what do you emphasis when you design, do you design? do you buy local designs/ import quality designs? Dior doesn't need to write one word in their website because everyone knows who they are, you should write your story and that would connect buyers to your brand, I can see that you aim very high, your week point from presenting yourself as a successful and known brand is probably the photos, you might need to adapt your pricing accordingly (I'm really not sure here, please don't take this as granted, I don't want to discourage, i'm really not sure about the pricing, I'm only suggesting a course of action in case something doesn't work) , or make your photos look like a professional brand would, I'd suggest that once you make sure your ads are professionally operated and still not getting a good ROI, I'd consider aligning the pricing and see if that improves your sales. 

Regarding your Facebook ads, please note that your Pixel is not properly implemented and will fail to optimize your campaigns::

We're using Facebook Pixel Helper, it's a Chrome extension to check the pixel implementation:
In this screenshot, you see that I added a product to cart, but both pixels didn't detect it well (it should list "Add-to-cart")
In addition , we don't recommend having two pixels implemented in one Store, in 99% of the cases Facebook doesn't handle it well and it creates conflicts.

1d.JPG

To verify that your pixel is properly set for the selected Ad Account, Click "Online Store" in the left menu --> Preferences , scroll to Facebook Pixel section, enter your owned pixel ID (one of the two above), find them here: https://business.facebook.com/settings/pixels

In addition I see that page inspect have some errors that may be related with this issue:

• s.adroll.com/j/Z6ZAOOS43RE6FADO4EI4EY/roundtrip.js:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT
  • fbevents.js:25 [Facebook Pixel] - Unable to parse JSON-LD tag. Malformed JSON found: '

To start seeing conversions on Facebook, you should leverage the use of Dynamic Products and learning audiences that will track conversions of people who added to cart or purchased and automatically target similar people like them. 

We've invented a new concept app that does all that and more, creating dynamic ads and finding new buyers with Facebook ads, dedicated to Shopify stores, give it a try:

https://apps.shopify.com/my-smart-ads

*Now that you can compare, you'll be surprised how better results and sales you get.

All the best!!!

Sam

Your Digital Facebook Ads Expert - Smart Ads app automatically create and scale profitable Facebook Dynamic Ads campaigns
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thanks Sam,

very helpful feedback I apprecaite it. I just got your APP to give it a try. I think I stuffed too many things already with adding other apps i'm having problem with it :) 

0 Likes
Highlighted

My pleasure :-) and happy to see you join!

No worries about the pixels, Our team will help you fix it.

All the best! 

Sam

Your Digital Facebook Ads Expert - Smart Ads app automatically create and scale profitable Facebook Dynamic Ads campaigns
0 Likes