Started Great But Sales Have Stopped.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable
1151 0 0

Hi all,

I would love some feedback on my store.

flexactivefitness.co.uk

I have been live for 9 days now. The first week was fantastic, even from the first day. I was getting 5, 6, 7, 8 sales per day.

My traffic has been steadily increasing, so there is no issue there. I am getting around 300 per day.

A few days ago my facebook ads account got randomly de-activated and I've since managed to get it back.

Before that things were going great, I had a low cost per conversion, lots of clicks. 

Also Google ads were working well, I was generating around 30% of my sales from it. The rest from Social Media ads.

In the last few days traffic has continued to increase, but sales have stopped.

My conversion rate has gone from 3.5% to 0.5% and even lower. I haven't changed anything on the site.

Facebook ads cost per sale has gone up from £3 to £12.

Google ads are bringing in traffic, but conversion is basically gone.

I've tried adding extra facebook ads alongside my (previously) successful ones. Tried slowly increasing my budget. Nothing has worked. People are still clicking but no longer buying. Not even adding to cart.

I need to know whether the problem could be with my store, an outside perspective would help me massively; or if the problem is with my ads and for some reason they have just stopped working (on all platforms which seems strange).

Info would be great!

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
386 34 155

The crazy thing about Shopify and E-com overall is that the slightest change can cause huge results. Clearly, if you have not done anything with the site itself, it must be the ads that caused the drop in conversion rate. 

I recommend taking a deeper look at what changes you have made in your main traffic sources. It looks like the changes caused the ads to appear at a wrong time, in a wrong place, and your potential customers are not even getting those ads. That is the only reason. 

I had a similar situation (not as a merchant but as an app developer), we had a crazy traffic when we launched, then we decided to change it to video ads thinking it would work even better, but it didn't. When the ads were changed back to the one with images, the traffic was back. It seems to be a tiny change but it leads to drastic drop in sales. 

With the situation that you currently have I recommend working with the customer base you have gained during the sales period. 

1) If you have a heatmap on your site, I recommend researching the behavior of your customers how it used to be on the when you had sales, and how it is now. 

If most are leaving your site right from the homepage, that means that the ads are shown to wrong people. If the abandoned cart is high that might mean that your checkout system, payment method, or shipping prices are the reason. 

2) Once you have that do re-targeting marketing. I see that you have the account enabled, meaning that most of your customers have left their emails. Send some newsletter, tell them about your 50% discount, new releases and other little perks. 

3) Run a referral program that will encourage your current customers to bring their friend to your site and get discounts for that. 

4) For the protein powders that you have, you can create a VIP tier program that will give points depending on the amount of money a person has spend on your product. The point system is great for repetitive purchases, which is what your protein powders are. 

For the last two points you can use  Growave.We have 10 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts etc. There is a free plan available.

Also, you must be aware that at home workout equipment is in trend right now. Make sure you are doing your best, since this is the period to skyrocket. 

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post. 

Take care and stay healthy <3

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more 

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1957 123 433

Hey Flex Active Fitness,
Overall good job! Just try the below-listed tips and apps for better conversion rates:

• "Trust Badges" add to site authenticity.Include them near the site footer.
  • For better traffic and sales , you can Run some advertisements from the popular app Kit . Kit is the extra set of hands you’ve been looking for to help with marketing your store. As your FREE virtual employee, Kit will recommend the marketing activities most likely to drive sales.
  • You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  • Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  • Finally, I would also recommend you to try Sparq product filters and search to replace the default search on your store, this app allows advanced custom tag product filters for collection pages, synonyms, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with the search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here

I hope the above points help. 

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Well this might be a reason.

I ordered something a couple of weeks ago and have contacted you a few times but have heard nothing back, customer service is a must online and i feel like you've taken the money and disappeared.

Sean

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
142 16 48

Not all traffic is equal. So there can be a few reasons for no conversions (a) You’re sending the wrong people to your website. OR (b) There are issues with your website experience.

What kind of targeting are you using on FB? Is it sending the kind of ideal prospects you want to your store? I think you should do an audit of that data.

It might be the quality of traffic which is the bottleneck, since you mentioned that the bounces are also very quick. Figure out which it is and make changes accordingly - and  I think you’ll be on your way to more conversions!

I hope this advice helps out. 

Cheers

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution

ModeMagic | Product badges and labels to boost conversions
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
0 Likes