Steady Traffic, Conversions stopped! Feedback Appreciated.

Highlighted
1 0 0

Opened my store over a year ago and built a decent social media following - I've struggled with sales through the pandemic because my niche is Outdoor Specific... but I had my best 2 sales weeks, to date,  in August. Then suddenly,  Conversions flat lined. 

I'm using Google and Facebook Ads, with retargeting. Kit brings a decent amount of traffic - but a lot of test hits when setting up ads.  

I would love some insights on how to get things moving again and increase my Conversions.

(Any other feedback would also be welcomed)

My store is Clever Bear Trading Company 

Thanks - Dan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
457 50 100

Hi @CleverBearFL,

Hyde here from Shopify. Great question!

It's a question that I see a lot in the forums: how do I improve conversions? While there is no magic formula, there are certainly some solid foundations that are known to work, and of course, you can take inspiration from other businesses in the same niche.

An Outdoor brand is a great area to be focusing on during the pandemic. Many people want to be able to leave their house safely and have fun, and what better way to do it than getting out and about in nature? So my first obvious question when looking at your store was: are you highlighting the benefits of outdoor activity during quarantine in your content? And then I looked over your store and could not see any content!

You need to bear in mind that your site is only one part of the journey your customer takes. Before they even reach your site, they will engage with your brand through whatever social media content they've come across/whatever ad campaign you've got running. Here is an overview of what that content marketing funnel might look like, and another post just reiterating the importance of having a content strategy.

You need to consider who your target customer is and create really catchy clever ads and content to appeal to them. There’s a great guide to creating customer personas here and some guides on effectively using your social media ads:

What content are you going to include in your ads or social media posts? Here are 11 ways to step up your content marketing game and a few tips on marketing to millennials, but really it goes without saying that blog posts and videos will be big draws for your target audience. So be sure to create a blog to share far and wide and establish your authority in your field, and add a video to your store that can also be easily shared and will pull people into your story so that they can make it their story.

Here is a list of great outdoor brands in 2020 - is there any inspiration you can take from these guys for your own brand? You've got a great ecological mission outlined in this section on your storefront:

20-09-ej1cz-1op73

Why not expand on that in the form of an About Us page?  Here's what an About Us page should contain and here's how to create one!

I hope this all helps, but let me know if you have any other questions!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
319 12 65

Hi @CleverBearFL welcome to Shopify community 

Hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,

1. Free shipping is the biggest enticement for shopping online. And I see that free shipping isn't an option right now. So either you can provide free shipping as Standard (normal delivery), and shipping charges applied for Expedited (faster delivery)| or you could provide free shipping for orders above a certain value. Either of these, it will help you get more sales/increase conversions.

2. Send abandoned cart emails: If you have lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts so you can get lost revenue using abandonment email campaigns. There are many Automated tools for abandoned carts. They can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left. You can also send promotional emails to your subscriber's list.

Have a featured collection based on your offers, new arrivals, best sellers, etc. This will grab the attention of customers when they browse the homepage itself. Also adding more graphic product labels/stickers like Sale, Fast Selling, Free Shipping can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. You can read more about it here.

4. Adding product stickers/trust badges can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. Also having graphic and personalized stickers on products will help grab the attention of customers easily and nudge them to purchase.

I hope this helps!

Munawar.

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
0 Likes