Still no sales, would appreciate some feedback!

gritandbear
3 0 0

Hello everyone

I have set up my shopify store, on a dropshipping model, and I am very new to all of this...as many of us are I guess.

I would very much appreciate any feedback, as I am floundering a little (sometimes a lot) with what to improve, or where to start making changes.

The site: https://gritandbear.com/

I have set up Facebook and Instagram, but I am a little bit of a unicorn, and in my 30's have never used social media before, I have resisted it. So I am struggling with the social media marketing and engagement. However that may be a post for another day....

I would be very appreciative if someone could communicate for me where my shop is not meeting expectations. I can see I have had some traffic over time, and I have also made 2 ads which I have posted and boosted through facebook, so that has brought some traffic, but no sales have eventuated.

I look forward to any guidance!

Thanks and regards,

Andrea

0 Likes
MS-WEB-DESIGNER
Shopify Partner
2782 175 466

Dear Andrea,

Congratulations for your store!

I’ve gone through your store and found that there are quite a few things missing on your store which if added can really make a lot of difference to the user experience, conversion rate and your overall sales. Here is a page-by-page/sectional review of your site:

• Improve your logo and favicon.
  • Remove captcha 

gritcaptcha.png

• Overall Font, Color, Spacing, Alignment need to adjust
  • Add Custom Slider(Hero banners) with Call to Action
  • Add policies pages at footer and open your social profile at new tab
  • Add Trust Badge
  • Highlight your USP
  • Human Touch : About you and your business - Highlight what makes you different and personalize your offerings when you write about your brand in a custom About Us section.Example of Nice Home page
  • Add Featured / Bestseller products at home page - Engage your customers by letting them know the bestseller products on your store.
  • Add Testimonials at homepage
  • Add Sticky Buy now or add a cart button , Sticky cart - A sticky cart icon or sticky checkout bar reduces cart abandonment and engages the customer in your store.
  • Banner adding on Collection page - Make your collection page stand out with interesting & creative collection banners. Example of Good Collection Page
  • Add Promotional banner on collection page - You can show images of featured, bestseller or popular products on the collection page banner.
  • Add Product filter for easy navigation - Categorize & filter products by their size, colour or type so users find product to product navigation easy.Example of Ideal Product Page
  • Do Cart Page Modification : discount code , Gift wrapping , additional cart notes , delivery date picker, i agree with terms and conditions, trust badges, etc. - Personalize your customer's shopping experience with these features on your cart page.
0 Likes
Munn
Shopify Partner
485 17 105

Hi @gritandbear welcome to Shopify family 

Hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share:

Show off the products: People tend to rely on engaging visuals to help drive their purchases. Since online buyers do not have the option to experience your products in-person, it's important to draw them in with great product photos, and right now your images are of low-res and small. More on visual cues that can help make your store a better shopping experience can be read here.

2. Good navigation provides an improved user experience leading to more sales and revenue. Add a top navigation bar with the product catalog broken down into different collections & categories so that customers can quickly browse and reach their desired products faster. Also, have an auto-complete and suggestion feature in the search bar so that it provides an extra helping hand to relatable collections and products will also be useful.

3. Free shipping is the biggest enticement for shopping online. And I see that free shipping isn't an option right now. So either you can provide free shipping as Standard (normal delivery), and shipping charges applied for Expedited (faster delivery)| or you could provide free shipping for orders above a certain value. Either of these, it will help you get more sales/increase conversions

Adding product stickers/trust badges can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. Also having graphic and personalized stickers on products will help grab the attention of customers easily and nudge them to purchase.

I hope this helps!

Munawar. 

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
0 Likes
IreneWijaya
Pathfinder
96 6 25

Hi @gritandbear 

Hi congrats on your store! I'm glad that you are learning on the social media essentials cause it would be a very important part of your marketing tool. 

Going straight to the topic of how to boost sale, I'm aware that you created ads and drove traffic to your site, once you reached your an amount of audience you should consider set up retargeting campaigns to efficiently boost up sales. Retargeting campaigns allow you to re-engage and remind customer of your brand after leaving your website and offer product and product informationstheyviewed with different kinds of attractive ad creatives. In other words, the goal for a retargeting campaign is awareness and conversion. You can start by installing the Ako Retargeting app on the Shopify app store. AkoRetargetingisa cost-efficient tool that could help your business increase awareness and conversion. The app helps you get your potential customers back to your website by delivering the most relevant product information to them at the right time, right impression and right cost. Take a look at how you can set up a 14 days campaign in less than 15 minutes here: https://medium.com/@akohubteam/how-to-create-a-sequential-retargeting-campaign-591861d257b5

I hope this will help boost up your sales! If you have question regarding it feel free to let me know  

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
1805 0 0

Drop the intrusive banner that asks for a signup.

I see this a lot. I tried it.

There's got to be another way.

I'm looking for someone with a mailing list I can buy. No luck yet...

0 Likes

Hey, 

I agree with the other posters here to fix some of those issues. But right now we can only point out things we see.

There's a lot of the process we can't see.

My advice is to start tracking your data and then make the changes and see if it impacts your metrics. You need to look at it from different perspectives not just conversion rate, but bounce rate, time on page, cart abandonment rate, and product detail view rate at the minimum to understand what can be improved. We also do video replays, so you will be able to collect replay videos of your customers, journey through your website to know who, why, where your customers are dropping off. Time to stop doing guess work.

If you would like, I can provide a free analytics consultation which involves:

• getting you started on tracking data
  • taking a deep dive into your data: look at where your traffic comes from, what they do on site, why they might be dropping off
  • identifying metrics and areas that could cause issues
  • working together to see what we can improve to bring up that conversion rate
  • at the end of the day you know your market the best, but I can help to provide key insights and a second opinion on what could be improved

If you are interested just send me your email in a private message and we can work together more efficiently via email. 

If you have any questions, I'm open to being fully transparent. I'm really just looking for some positive reviews for my app.

Cheers

ui-gab
https://www.uiavenue.ca
We specialize in data analytics. If I've helped you today, please give our give our app a try (15-day free trial) https://apps.shopify.com/ui-ave-analytics and maybe write a good review.
Send me a message if you want a free data analysis consultation.
0 Likes
MichaelGeo
Pathfinder
191 3 14

Hi there! It looks like you are targeting international customers. You may consider conducting geo targeting strategy on your website to boost customer conversion rate. 

You may provide location-specific content to better engage with your visitors. For example, you can provide multi-currency/multi-lingual website and dynamically display local currency/language based on visitors' countries. Besides, you can also display customised messages like shipping policy, special promotions/discount according to visitors' locations. For instance, you can set rules that special promotions will only display to visitors from your targeted regions. Such practices will bring local to visitors immediately and support purchase decisions making, instantly boost your conversions. For more details on geo targeting practices, you may read the post: https://geotargetly.com/blog/benefits-of-using-geolocation-ip-in-e-commerce

Come to tools for geo targeting, IP geolocation tools like Geo Targetly can detect your visitors' locations based on IP and auto direct visitors to regional-specific URLs, or dynamically display location-specific content, bars or pop-ups. Shopify platform is well supported, and only takes one-time integration.

0 Likes
gritandbear
3 0 0

Thank you everyone of the feedback!

I have been trying to wade through the information provided, and working my way through the advice :)- steep learning curve

I will be contacting separately those who may be able to further assist at a later time!

Thanks again for taking the time to help me out!

0 Likes