Store Criticism Welcomed

Highlighted
6 0 0

We manufacture and sell items in a somewhat niche market - kart racing.

Just looking to get some constructive criticism and words of wisdom from people that are much better at this than I am.

Thanks in advance for any and all input.  Here's our site:  https://www.valhallaracing.com 

IV

0 Likes
Highlighted

Cool niche for your store. Here is some feedback.

Homepage Feedback

1. The shop category in the middle of the homepage is weird

2. I would show the most viewed or bought items on your homepage. Keep it short, so it's easy on mobile

3. Carousels kills conversions rates ...be careful how you use this for your site

Product Page Feedback

1. The product page sidebar is out of pace. 

2. Make your sizing chart larger as it will be easier to read. Right now it' ssuper small

3. Move where the button for the sizing chart sits as it's covered right now on this t-shirt. Maybe place it above the sizing options
  4. The email sign up for 10% off and the wording for it has a huge gap between them

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted

Hi. Looks good I'd add contact form to the contact page. Below is video on how to do this. 

CLICK HERE 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

Grab Most Detailed FREE Review --->LEARN MORE

Client VIDEO TESTIMONIALS --->VIEW

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Duane,

Thank you for the input... a few question / comments for you.

Home Page

1.  The "shop by category" was supposed to give the shopper an opportunity to see what was available and go there quickly by simply clicking on a product that they were looking for or interested them.  But.... it's not doing that?

2.  Show most viewed / purchased..... good idea, thanks.

3.  When you refer to a "carousel", do you mean the "slider" at the top of the home page?  In terms of being careful... is a slower or faster rotation better?  

Product Page

1.  I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean by "out of pace".

2.  Sizing chart size - thanks, will do.

3.  Move button - thanks, will do.

4.  Spacing - gotcha.  Will look into it.

Thanks for taking the time to look it over and for your input.  Much appreciated!

IV

0 Likes
Highlighted

See all my comments below your questions..

@Steven_Peters wrote:

Duane,

Thank you for the input... a few question / comments for you.

Home Page

1.  The "shop by category" was supposed to give the shopper an opportunity to see what was available and go there quickly by simply clicking on a product that they were looking for or interested them.  But.... it's not doing that?

It just does not look very good on the site. You already have a lot going on, on the homepage. This just adds to it.

3.  When you refer to a "carousel", do you mean the "slider" at the top of the home page?  In terms of being careful... is a slower or faster rotation better?  

Yes, this is the slider on the page. Sliders in general are bad for conversion rates and converting customers.  If you do keep it then don't use more then 3 sliders and keep it at a decent speed, so people can read what it says.

Product Page

1.  I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean by "out of pace".

When I'm on a product page, there is that category side bar. It just looks out of place to me and was unexpected. This information could site below your recently view products

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
31 0 9

Hello there, your store looks good! Just add social proof to build trust on your site and influence buyer behavior. I use Editorify to import reviews from many sites. Not only I can import reviews, photos, and videos, I can write my own reviews and it also lets the customers leave their own feedback with an option to upload actual product pictures.

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Thanks for the input.

IV

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Thanks for the clarification Duane.  Much appreciated.

IV

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1498 93 331

Hi Steven_Peters,

Your site is good and I didn't know there are so many products associated with racing gears.

I have reviewed your site briefly and here are some of my suggestions that you can easily update on the site.

1. You can add Sitemap on the site footer, it’s good for SEO purpose.
  2. Add email address under "Send us an Email" section in the footer.
  3. Open social media links on the new tab to make sure that the user is not drifted away from the website while looking at your online presences.
  4. Make sure all your product images are the same size and dimensions. This is going to help tie your site together.
  5. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase.
  6. The overall font size of the website is very small, if you could bump it up by 1 px then that will make a huge difference visually.
  7. The default search landing page is bit off, I mean it's empty. You can show products on that page as well by simply updating the default search on the website with different search solution such as Sparq. Check out this article here for more information on how sparq search is better than shopify default search.

I hope my suggestions help you in setting up easy to navigate website. 

May it rains customers and orders,

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes