Store Feedback - Good traffic but low conversions. HELP!

Tourist
11 0 1

Hello everyone!

Hello everyone! I've recently created this shopify store to sell my jewelry. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Traffic is good but conversion rate is extremely low. If you have a solution let me know!

Store is www.goldcity.shop (or click link above)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
63 0 9

Hey Justin!

Trevor the Guru here!

For starters, I have to say this is quite the impressive store you've set up! Its clean, organized, and straight to the point. I've had the time to look through the site and have a few things that I'd personally suggest. 

Contact Page: I can see you're using an app for your contact page which does load the page at a slower rate than the rest of your site. I'd suggest taking a look at whether your theme offers a "Contact" page template as this will load your page quicker. To find out whether your theme offers this, you can open the page editor in the admin. On the right-hand side, you should see a "templates" option. If a contact option is in there then that will give you a similar contact form to what you have now, however it will load a lot quicker then what is currently there. 

Navigation: In my personal opinion your "Shop" option should be on the left side right after the "Home" option. Most users read left to right, so moving the "Shop" option to the left would make it that much easier for your customer to get to your products. 

Discounts: Depending on your profit margins, I'd suggest looking into offering a discount code. This can be done a variety of ways, whether it's marketing the code on Facebook, or if a user signs up for email marketing. This is a good way to help bring in sales as users are always looking to get a better deal. 

When first launching your store one of the primary focuses is building your "Brand" image which heavily relies on bringing in traffic, running ads and making your store known. I'd suggest taking a look at one of the many marketing blogs we have that could help you with converting your traffic to sales.  There's also a 3rd-party blog that goes over how to increase your conversions here.

Lastly, while we aren't affiliated with this company, I'd highly suggest checking out "Peek" as they offer a free 5-minute video of a user navigating your website with constructive feedback. 

If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out to our 24/7 support via phone, chat, or email!

All the best, 

Trevor M

Shopify Guru

1 Like
Excursionist
90 0 10

Hey Justin,

To Trevor's advice I would add:

Build a relationship with your customers:  Your products are not cheap enough to depend on impulse buyers. Therefore, it is very unlikely that your customers will buy on their first visit. Build up your email list with a lead magnet like a "guide to wearing jewelry for the urban gentleman" or something of the like. Also, depending on your margins, you could offer a coupon, free shipping or a free item with the first purchase, but with this, you run the risk of building a cheap customer base, which can hurt your profits in the long run.

Include photos with white background: This kind of photos are proven to increase conversions in any store (Amazon doesn't make it a requirement in vain). You can simply edit out the background of your existing photos using a tool like Photoshop, or you can save yourself time and effort and delegate this time-consuming task to Pixc. Either way, this is guaranteed to increase your conversions.

You can read more about the subject on our blog: 

eCommerce Photography: White Backgrounds vs. Photographing Products in Context

Optimize your product photos for as little as $1.59. Try it for free: pixc.com/freetrial
1 Like
Tourist
11 0 1

Hey Trevor,

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me. 

Contact Page - I agree about the contact page and already created a new one thats way faster.

Navigation - I also agree with what you’re saying. The problem is that 96% of my website visits are on mobile devices. This means with the “shop” on the right, it is on the bottom for the mobile menu. This is closest to users thumbs and most in reach.

Discounts - I do offer many discounts on instagram but often times people buy and don’t use them.

I’ve taken a look at those links. Thanks. I also signed up for peek. 

What is your suggestion for getting as many emails as possible without being spammy. Also, I want to add videos to the product images but it doesn’t work on my new theme. Do you know how to do this without a paid app?

Best,

Justin

0 Likes
Tourist
11 0 1

Hey Javier,

Thanks for the help!!!

I agree 100% about my products not being cheap enough for impulse buyers!! I watch all these drop shippers on youtube and their strategies don’t work with high end jewelry. I’ve done these strategies on my old drop shipping store and I made around 50 sales a day because they were such cheap items. 

This leaves me with not many people to learn from:(  I can’t find anybody on youtube with a store like mine thats not drop shipping and not selling cheap products that makes good videos.

Can you go into more detail about how to collect emails for my website? I can offer discount codes but don’t want to offer free products or super big discount codes for the reason you said of building a cheap customer base. 

Regarding the white backgrounds, I’ve looked into that a lot and every time I do a poll asking my followers what they prefer, creative/non white background photos win with about 80% of the votes. Should I still do it anyways?

Best,

Justin

0 Likes