Store Feedback - Green Kitchen Company

Highlighted
2 0 1

Hello Shopify Community,

I would like feedback on my store and in particular the navigation, add to cart and checkout process. Also, anything else that stands out as an issue. The reason for my inquiry is I'm receiving really good traffic to my store, however the conversions are very low compared to traffic.

Thank you

Lorne

www.greenkitchencompany.com

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
208 35 132

Hey there, @lmrobinson

That’s a frustrating situation to be in. Getting traffic to your store is great, but now it’s time to figure out how to get those conversions to increase. Let’s see what we can do. 

First, I want to tell you what you’re doing well:

• Your theme is clear and easy to follow
  • You have a chat (!!!)
  • The homepage is really condensed, which I like a lot!
  • Your “Recently Viewed” feature only shows if I’ve actually viewed a product

I can tell you’ve put a lot of work into your store to make it look professional, and it shows. I see a site that is well put together.

Homepage
I have concerns about three things:

1. The rotating hero images - There are studies that have shown that rotating hero images like yours annoy customers rather than help me. 
  2. “Featured items” - When customers are coming to your store, they aren’t usually browsing. Some may be, but most are likely looking for one thing in particular. With your store, Featured Items isn’t working as a collection. If you use a heatmap to see where people click, you may find that people aren’t clicking on that much at all.
  3. “Kitchen Tools” - If a customer comes to Green Kitchen Company, they expect to find kitchen tools, right? Help them find the right tool for them instead of lumping it altogether like that. 

In general, I would suggest looking at those heatmaps to see how far people scroll and where they click. It may help you revamp your homepage in a way that drives more conversions.

Footer
You have a lot of great information in your footer!

• FAQs - I would add in shipping costs and link to your Shipping Policy page
  • Shipping Policy - don’t forget about international visitors as well. They’ll have questions if you deliver internationally or not as well as how much it’ll cost. 
  • Return/Refund Policy - all you need to do is link your email address. The rest looks awesome.
  • Contact Us - link your email address and space it out a little. Remove the “Phone Number” field; that’s usually a field with a very high abandonment rate.
  • Social Media links - make sure they open in a new tab

Navigation/Product Pages

As I mentioned earlier, I like the simplification of your main navigation but I would still look at ways to improve to make it easier for people to find their products. It may be something like Home | New Arrives | Cookware | Food Preparation | Eco-Friendly. That’s just a wild stab at it, but you get the point. 

Within the collections, there’s room for more filters, such as price, color, type of cooking tool, etc. Help them narrow it down. 

On your product pages, there may be a bit too much text in your description. I would evaluate it through heatmaps or session recordings, which act like a DVR for your website. Either way, some editing may help find those areas to improve. I would add shipping information here as well. 

You have reviews, which is great. And in general I found it very nice. For some products, such as the Fruit And Vegetable Slicer and Dicer, it may be good to include a video of it in action.

You’re on the right path here, Lorne. Your store just needs visitor behavior to lead you to what’s happening that’s stopping people from converting. You can SEE what those conversion barriers are and fix them quickly. It could be as simple as your banner not being clickable. If people are clicking on it, it’s an easy fix. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps, Lorne. Good luck!

Cheers -

Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1824 116 278

Dear Imrobinson,

Congratulation for your store.

I’ve gone through your store and found that there are quite a few things missing on your store which if added can really make a lot of difference to the user experience, conversion rate and your overall sales. Here is a page-by-page/sectional review of your site:

• Mobile Speed Need to Improve, Currently 32-40
  • Add to Cart icon - Prompt users to direct add products to cart without visiting the cart page.
  • Custom Slider with Call to Action - Make your site more visually appealing when you add your products in an interactive slider with prompt call to action.
  • You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.
  • Highlight your USP - What's unique about you and your brand that none of the other Shopify merchants have? This needs to be highlighted in your store presentation, features & more.
  • Human Touch : About you and your business - Highlight what makes you different and personalize your offerings when you write about your brand in a custom About Us section.Example of Nice Home page
  • grey effect for sold out products , product labels , product quick view - All these features make your store much more convenient, authentic, easy to use and user-friendly.
  • Banner adding on Collection page - Make your collection page stand out with interesting & creative collection banners. Example of Good Collection Page
  • Promtional banner on collection page - You can show images of featured, bestseller or popular products on the collection page banner.
  • Cart Page : discount code , Gift wrapping , additional cart notes , delivery date picker, i agree with terms and conditions, trust badges, etc. - Personalize your customer's shopping experience with these features on your cart page.
  • Use track order feature.
  • Need to improve Overall Design.
  • Use Google Shopping ads and FB Ads
  • Do some basic on-page seo
  • Add blog section for traffic and low bounce rate.
Best Regards
MS Web Designer | MS Web International | Task4Store
Contact Us: https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us OR task4store@mswebdesigner.com
9.9/10 Customer Rating | 1000+ Happy Clients | 100% Satisfaction Or Money Back Guarantee
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
216 17 83

Hey @lmrobinson ,

I checked your website and it looks super neat and uniformity maintained. It's a great website! I would like to share a few feedbacks.

1. Add a currency setting, if you are providing international shipping services as well. Great on the fact that you'll be providing free shipping on orders above $50. 

2. Add Wishlist to your website. They are a great way to alert your customers about a sale, and engage more traffic to your site. This will also help to bring back those customers who checked but didn't buy anything from your site. Also you can do more target oriented email campaigns.

3. Right now the main banner in your homepage has only a call-to-action and no header text. I would suggest you to add headings, which otherwise feels incomplete. 

4. Adding product labels/stickers like Sale, Fast Selling, Free Shipping can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency.

Do let mw know if you require any more help, I'm happy to be of assistance.

Fayaz

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
1 Like