Store Feedback and Promote

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0

Hi everyone,

My store has been live for a few weeks and i have had one sale. Can anyone provide feedback on my store and also ideas on how i can promote my website. As it is a sex toy website i am unable to promote through facebook.  I have made a few face masks that i sold through facebook that i had applied my website sticker on the parcel. 

My store is https://beautifulstranger2020.com.au/

Ideas and feedback much appreciate.

Thanks Marilyn & Trish

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
457 50 100

Hi, @BeautifulS2020,

Hyde here from Shopify.

Congratulations on getting your store up and running, you're now a proud business owner. I've had a look at your store, and you've made a great start. The first thing to note about your industry is that selling sex toys is tricky.

There's a fantastic medium article about this here. It offers examples of how other sex-positive brands like Lioness managed to promote themselves on social media by side-stepping policies and guidelines. It also makes reference to Influencer Marketing, focusing on your SEO, and perhaps most significantly, on content.

I'd suggest that CONTENT is where your primary focus should be. You can turn the squeamishness of social media into part of your branding strategy: advocating for sex positivity and sex awareness, positioning yourself as a brand for promoting sexual knowledge, and self-exploration. The hook to your brand could be in drawing attention to this and making it core to your mission statement and content. So, for starters, strive to build out your About Us page:

20-09-fbc5n-bzyva

You could take a brand like Lovehoney as inspiration. They position themselves as the sexual happiness people, as opposed to seediness and sleaze. They tell their story and even include a short video because they know that people really respond to moving images. Here's how you could add a video to your store.

20-09-e7cmt-d37e3

And look at their content! They've got a podcast, a blog, product reviews, even a UK sex map:

20-09-3th5a-njwf7

I'm not suggesting you take on all of this because there's a lot there built up over time, but you could start with a superb blog for example. Here is how to create a blog. You could also easily add reviews to your product, using the Shopify Reviews app. This app adds a review box to your product page and helps build trust with your customers. It also gives an SEO boost and can display in Google with your product page.

I think this is a great starting point for refining and marketing to your audience. If you're not sure who your audience is, consider asking yourself what magazines do they read? What social media do they hang out on? Who influences their decisions? Are they high or low tech? Are they adventurous or prudish? Are they young or old? There’s a great guide to creating customer personas here.

I hope this all helps! If you have any more questions, please let me know. 

All the best, Hyde. 

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0

Thank you for all the ideas.

There is  alot there for my partner and i to move forward with.

With the Sex map, would i just add this as a link for Australia?

Thanks for your feedback.

Regards

Marilyn & Trish

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
424 27 127

Hi @BeautifulS2020 !

Welcome to Shopify!

1. Clear CTAs - help to show what to do next. Hero banner on your homepage is a key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about.
  2. Branding - clearly show your company branding. Logo, brand colors, brand fonts - should be the same across websites, emails, and social profiles. A key part of building your brand is making it recognizable. 
  3. Social proof - an incredibly powerful sales and lead generation tool. 
  4. Engaging images - you need them on your homepage to give visitors a sense of what your business is about. Images help you to tell a story and show visitors what they can gain from your product. For a product website think about how images can convey the value of your product and help your visitors to achieve their goals.
  5. If your website doesn’t have a blog already, make creating one a priority. But if you have a blog, it gives people a reason to keep coming back. Blogs also help improve your SEO because you’re constantly adding new content to your page.
  6. Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
  7. Homepage designs guides your visitors around your website. To engage visitors you need to work on homepage layout design.  Include trust indicators on the homepage. Homepage content should be strategically decided.
  8. 90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
  9. Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.
  10. Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
  11. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer
  12. The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand for it? Does that mean the product is bad? 

Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.
  13. Use a referral program that will encourage your existing customers to share your products with their friends by giving discounts if the latter have purchased something from your store. With referral programs it is important to carefully set up so that you are not giving huge discounts and not getting anything back. [I recommend using one by Growave., because it is safe and it is integrated with 6 other marketing features (Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, Referral, VIP tiers) for better performance. 

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more

Increase conversions with ease here
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
457 50 100

Truthfully, the Sex Map feature would likely be something you'd need custom made by a developer, which may mean more capital investment. So I'd recommend maybe leaving that for later on in your store development. You could always find out loads of facts in preparation for the day you do get it added to the website! In the meantime, the facts you find and accumulate could also provide you with numerous talking points for blog posts. 

If you do decide you want the Sex Map built straight away, you could always have a look through our Shopify Experts. Experts are a team of third-party developers who can make custom changes to your store on a contracted basis. They may be able to develop a custom solution for the Sex Map or may have access to an already existing integration that I'm unaware of. As with all Expert contracts, requirements and prices are agreed upon before any work commences, so you can always check in with a few different Experts to ensure you're getting what you want for a competitive price.

I hope this helps!

All the best, Hyde. 

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes