Store Feedback (and advice)

4 0 0

Hey guys,

I started my store a while back ( www.alphapleasures.com ) and was hoping to get some feedback.

I did a bit of social media marketing through instagram and facebook (I since did a complete redesign of my website), and also a bit of AdWords. Since that I have been mainly focusing on redesigning product descriptions and include key phrases in the meta descriptions and so on. I'm also currently working on my SEO, and of course, adding more products and trying to increase the content I offer. 

So, besides the feedback on how my site is going, I also have a few specific questions relating to my website;

• SEO Keywords, when I run my website through certain tools, it shows that my website has no keywords listed for any of the pages or products, is this normal for shopify stores? I was under the impression that part of the store was quite important for SEO, and that all Shopify themes came with SEO built in. I'm currently running Venture as my theme. 

• How do I remove the "Powered by Shopify" in the bottom left corner?

• How do we built brand trust and awareness in dropshipping when we can't do some of the commonly suggested tactics such as showing how a product is made, or interviews with the creators and so on? I've got a few ideas in the works such as offering discount codes and free shipping on orders over a certain amount, and recently used the shopify generators to add a T&C, Refund and Returns policy and a Privacy Policy.
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1672 24 175

Hello,

I had just look into your store, Looking good.
I suggest you can add your store blog. Blog gives you the chance to make important substance for your clients. Utilize this as a promoting strategy to manage movement back to your site.

Blog make better Your Website's SEO , Increase Traffic to Your Website through inbound links.

And you can add the item reviews, Item reviews can help give customers that additional propel they have to confide in your online shop and finish their buy.

Since customers are critical, giving previous customers a chance to end up your backers can enable you to pick up their certainty. That, as well as you can get awesome bits of knowledge, bring down your arrival rates and increment activity to your site.
And the next one is Why not use a different filter bar? filter bar looking too lenthy.

Please follow this "Powered by Shopify"  for removing of powered by shopify link.

Thanks,
Appfreaker.

https://apps.shopify.com/alidropship
0 Likes
4 0 0

Filter bar? I didnt even know I could change that or where to do it

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

1. Website reviews and your First question (SEO Keywords, when I run my website through certain..)

=== I have gone through your website, i mainly find the Ui (Design) issue in the website. It needs to be more attractive,

Although Shopify is good for seo purpose, But to set up all the On page techniques like Meta tags. I suggest you to go for Seo Agency.

2. How do I remove the "Powered by Shopify" in the bottom left corner?

=== 

1. Find the theme you want to edit, and then click Actions > Edit code.
  2. In the Sections folder, open the footer .liquid file.
  3. Use ctrl + F on a Pc and search for {{ powered_by_link }} .
  4. Delete the tag when you locate it.
  5. Click Save.

Note: Only do if you are aware of the files and code.

3. How do we built brand trust and awareness in dropshipping?

=== You have to perform Off page techniques like Classified ads, Social Bookmarking, Sharable Content, SMO etc

Hope that helps..!!

0 Likes
4 0 0

Thanks for your replies guys.

I've removed the 'powered by shopify' portion in my footer, and also hired an SEO agency to perform some fixes on my website, and I've already seen a tiny spike in inbound clicks through search engines.

I've also made some strides in shortening the filter list, but still with more work to go.

I updated the UI a bit, and added some new things if you would like to have another look and see what you think, thanks.

www.alphapleasures.com

0 Likes
Explorer
107 0 19

Hey I just took a look at your website.  It has a really nice clean design, a few things that I noticed that you could consider changing.

It would be nice if you had a logo, if you had a logo you could start building a brand, and then you can start building brand loyalty.

Also you have two emails in your footer, it's not entirely clear which one your customer should email, consider only having one.

The images on your title page are kind of low quality, and when I first go to your page I don't really know what you are selling, when I see a picture of mountains I originally thought that you were selling camping gear, I would put some thought into your initial images because if I saw that I would think I'm in the wrong place.  Maybe on top of the images instead of saying "Alpha Pleasures", your could say like "Decorate your home with awesome stuff - Alpha Pleasures", your customer should know that they are in the right place.

Lastly I noticed that on mobile your buy button isn't always visible.  Imagine your customer is browsing your store on their phone and they are ready to buy.  If you have a long description, your customer would have to scroll the entire way back up the page to click the buy button just to initiate checkout, I made an app that can help you with that https://apps.shopify.com/better-sticky-checkout-button-increase-your-sales

But overall really great work!  I know I'm nitpicking a lot, but you need to dig deep, when I can tell you put in so much great work!

0 Likes
4 0 0

Thanks for the great advice there Mark! I really appreciate the effort you went through finding things and letting me know your thoughts.

I've updated the site quite a bit since this, and I would love to get your opinion again. :)

www.alphapleasures.com

Also, I did play around with a logo quite a bit, but I decided to leave it out for now.

I've been slowly attempting an overhaul of my product descriptions as they aren't long enough, I've also tried to optimise the UI so customers know what my site is about as soon as they see it.

0 Likes