Store Feedback by Shopify Expert

Hi everyone,

We are from the PageFly, page builder team. 

PageFly has been actively giving feedback for different stores in the Feedback on my store topic in this Shopify Community for a long time with the main purpose of helping Shopify merchants to have high-converting stores. 

We also hosted some posts here to ask merchants to give us any related questions to building and optimizing merchant’s stores. 

However, in this post today, we would like to pick one of the greatest Shopify stores (high ranking and traffic - we chose from the Built With website) and we’re gonna comment on great factors that the store is having, and we hope that our feedback will also help other merchants to improve your stores.

What we feedback on is based on our 10+ years of solving e-Commerce problems and 4 years of providing solutions for over 70.000 active Shopify merchants.

The store is https://work.ariat.com/

Have a favicon

Ariat Work 2021-01-22 14-12-25.png

Having a favicon to your store will make your store unique and helps customers easily recognize it. 

You can check this guide from Shopify to know how to have a favicon

1. Home page

1.1 Have a sticky drop-down menu with the hovering function

These advantages listed above are the key things of an online store. And we hope that our post will help you to improve and optimize your stores. And feel free to discuss here if you have any comments or suggestions. 

Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 14.18.32.png

A drop-down menu with the hovering function will let customers easily access the menu all the time and anytime and they can read all and just choose the one they want. 

Especially the menu has a search bar, and making a search bar prominent is very important. This helps customers feel rest assured and they can search anytime when they scroll up or down on the home page.

Modell's Sporting Goods Online, Inc. 2021-01-22 14-21-06.png

Without the drop-down menu, customers need to spend time exploring all potential matching menus. 

1.2 Have a clear banner image with the CTA button

Modell's Sporting Goods Online, Inc. 2021-01-22 14-22-10.png

Many stores have the same problem. On the banner image on the top of the home page, they just show an image with no relation to the store’s products or the image has low quality and customers find it hard to see which products that store sells.

This store has a high-quality image with the product as the center of the image.

Moreover, the CTA button is designed to be clearly attractive.

1.3 Show off store's collections

Modell's Sporting Goods Online, Inc. 2021-01-22 14-50-34.pngModell's Sporting Goods Online, Inc. 2021-01-22 14-50-48.png

This is a good point to show out for customers what collections are sold now in your store. And they can’t miss any collections as well as products of your store. 

1.4 Having a benefit bar

Modell's Sporting Goods Online, Inc. 2021-01-22 15-00-16.png

The benefit bar is very important to answer commonly asked questions of customers about shipping, delivery, active bonuses.

What needs to be improved? Display social media

As usual, social media is one of the effective ways to get more traffic and make a good connection with your customers. By displaying social media such as Instagram (or Facebook, Twitter) and constantly update the feed.

Display testimonials

People love proof, especially when they visit a store and see many good reviews, they will be willing to shop! So you should add testimonials/product reviews to your store. They can be placed for each product or even a review collection on your home page. 

2. Collection page

https://www.modells.com/collections/outdoor

2.1 Have secondary hover images for the product list

By presenting secondary hover images, customers can easily scan many products to see extra visual information. 

2.2 Using logical filter and sort

Using filters to filter products is important and this affects the conversion rate. This collection page filter products by type, price, size, and color. There are many stores filtering products by alphabetical order, this is not good because many customers don’t know all products and this takes more time.

Present essential information 

It is very important to show essential information such as product name, product price, color swatch (if your store has), and CTA buttons.

This collection page combines successfully 2 factors above to make sure customers won’t overlook or discard any information.

3. Product page

https://www.modells.com/collections/outdoor/products/proform-325-csx-bike

3.1 Provide 3-5 images from different angles

It can’t be denied that customers easily have an overview of products when shopping in physical stores, therefore, when they shopping online, we need to make them feel the same. This is the reason why providing images from different angles and in-scales is very important. Because if your store doesn’t show off enough images for customers to illustrate, they will be hesitant to take action. This product is also presented on a human model, and of course, this is a good point.

3.2 Have upsell-cross sell section

ProForm 325 CSX Exercise Bike – Modell's Sporting Goods Online, Inc. 2021-01-22 15-57-28.png3.3 Provide clear shipping and payment information

ProForm 325 CSX Exercise Bike – Modell's Sporting Goods Online, Inc. 2021-01-22 16-04-03.png

Shipping, exchange, and return information are very important for customers. Many customers wonder when they will receive the products or how they can change the products if there is anything happening. 

What needs to be improved?

Display rating stars and reviews widget

These advantages listed above are the key things of an online store. And we hope that our post will help you to improve and optimize your stores. And feel free to discuss here if you have any comments or suggestions.

Cheers,

PageFly 

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- Get tips to personalize your page
- PageFly Page Builder: WebsiteYoutube | PageFly Community | Facebook| LinkedIn | Twitter
- Discover Shopify Stores’ Secrets with Koala Inspector
samli1
1 0 0

Can I create You may also like with PageFly?Pagefly has this option??

0 Likes

Hi @samli1 

That's a great idea to have an up-sell section like the You may also like.

PageFly integrates with some up-sell and cross-sells apps such as Personalizer by LimeSpot and Wiser. You just need to install one of these apps and configure all options in these apps and then use the corresponding element in your PageFly pages.

Let me know if you need any help,

PageFly

- PageFly Page Builder: WebsiteYoutube | PageFly Community | Facebook| LinkedIn | Twitter
mandyjm
1 0 0

Thanks Pagefly for your feedback, there're so many things to learn here. 

I have 1 question, can I make sticky header with Pagefly? And for the collections, I can show all on theh home page? Let's say I have 10 collections, should I show all of them? 

--

Mandy

0 Likes

Hi @mandyjm 

Thank you for your interest. 

So basically, PageFly does not edit the header and footer because they belong to the theme that you are using for your store. You can ask the theme provider about making the header sticky, I believe they can help you.

Regarding the collection question, if your store has many collections, I recommend you should show featured collections: they can be the recently bought collections, etc.

Especially, PageFly provides a collection list element, you can check it 

PF-collection-list-0-1.png

If you find my answer helpful, you can give it a like. Let me know if you have any further questions.

PageFly