Store Feedback?

4 0 0
I’ve changed my whole store again and changed my niche to more general. I’m not completely done I’m currently adding products I feel suit my store well. I’ve only added 34 products so far and I have many more catergories to fulfill. But could you give me feedback on my current sites apperance and ways to help achieve sales. My store link below

www.instyleforlife.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
297 27 57

Hey, Taylor!

My name is Lizzy. I'm one of the Gurus on the support team at Shopify.

When I first load up your site I can immediately see that is has a professional layout. My interest is captured and I feel invited to look around and see more.

I know you mentioned you're still building the site, but after scrolling down the homepage a bit there are a few areas where I noticed things missing. You'll want to make sure these areas aren't there, or are filled before launching.
10-43-fb21z-n3yne

On the topic of you completing your catalogue I wanted to mention, when you're first starting a store it is a good idea to try and keep your product choices at a manageable size. This may mean reducing the number of categories you offer while you get used to operating a store. Once you've processed a few orders and spoken with a few different customers you can work on increasing the number of products listed. One reason for keeping a limited selection at the start of your business is so that you are able to maintain quality control of your products. We have a blog post you can read here about the importance of ordering samples. Have you thought about saving the Pets and Electronics sections until you've had a chance to build up your brand a bit more?

Another thing I found while browsing your site was that when I clicked on the menu headers I was redirected back to the homepage.
10-40-scif5-adsux
It feels a bit clunky and may dissuade customers from purchasing. You could use this area to link to a page that explains the collection, a collection with all products from that section or a page with a collection list. This tutorial has steps on how to custom code a page with a list of specific collections. Before making any changes to the theme code I always like to suggest duplicating your theme. You can do this by going to Online Store>Actions>Duplicate. Just in case.

I also found in the site's footer that your Facebook icon links to Shopify's Facebook page and the like button beside it seems to be connected to your theme developer's page. While these are just small details they may affect the level of trust your customers have when deciding to purchase from your business. There is another blog post I wanted to share with you that touches on what customer trust is and how to boost it on your site. 

I looked at your Instagram profile as well and it looks like you're starting to build up a good following there, which is great! Have you thought about how you'll market your brand when you're ready to start making sales? Have you considered different avenues of driving traffic, like influencers or bloggers?

I hope these ideas give you some inspiration on what to work on next. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions!

Thank you,
Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes