Store Feedback

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi,

Would love some feedback on my www.storefouronefour.com

In a month i've had around 250 visitors to the site and three add to carts but no sales. Is the pricing too high? Is the layout too "dropship", im a bit stuck. Any help is good help please :)

I'm also wondering if the name is too vague? If i changed it i'd need to make a new facebook page and that might set me back a bit no? Should it be something more relevant to jewellery?

thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0

Hi Emma,

Thanks for sharing your page. 

I think you are right to be fearful of it looking too 'dropship'. It's a hard nut to crack when you are sourcing your products/images from multiple suppliers. My advice in this regard is to learn how to (if you don't already) uniformly size all the product images you are going to use. This will remove one of the biggest giveaways... uneven spaces and janky titles all over the place. 

Here is a store i am currently working on in my spare time: www.byasena.com it is ofcourse a dropshipping store but I have tried my best to disguise that fact with organisation and only pulling images from one supplier to keep it all cohesive. 

P.S. No i don't think obscure names are bad.. it adds to the... uniqueness :)

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1472 93 321

Hey Store Four One Four,

A home button should be added to the dropdown to ensure its completeness and logicality. Central banner should be added below the logo and the dropdown to ensure a more professional and decent site look. The "Collections" should be shifted below the central banner accordingly. Other significant changes to be made for store improvement are as follows:

1. Proper and detailed product description needs to be added for better understanding of store purpose and significance.
  2. Header template should be added to highlight discounts or free shipping offers if any.
  3. Newsletter should be shifted to the footer and space should be utilized for adding Instagram images suitable for better brand promotion.
  4. You should add terms and conditions and FAQ’s if any, again these also help in building search engine content. 
  5. Footer links should be shifted to the left while the newsletter to the right and social links should be placed below both of them.
  6. The logo should be a little more magnified to make the text easily visible and for better clarity.
  7. More social links must be added apart from Facebook and Instagram for better connectivity.
  8. "Sale" section should be added to the dropdown for keeping all discounted items in one place.
  9. Instagram images and Testimonials are a must for instant brand promotion.
  10. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  11. Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

May the store become capable of converting visitors to customers in the coming time.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
278 14 54

Hi Emmalou !

Cool shop! I could see this doing well, especially with your audience coming to your store. It doesn't sound like traffic is an issue. I’ve gone through your store and found that there are quite a few things missing on your store which if added can really make a lot of difference to the user experience, conversion rate and your overall sales. Here is a page-by-page/sectional review of your site:

Header & Footer :

Customize your header and footer with specific functionalities. Now the header is to wide and the proper logo must be there so that your header potion looks professional. Also your header must be sticky header with proper navigation so that client can search your product easily. Your header should offer a search bar where people can type in the products they’re looking for.  Example of Good Header 

Also, create a slide out cart, a cart icon with item calculator and let your social links open in a new tab so your customers don’t have to leave your store to check your social media pages. Add Policy pages in your footer section for the store security purpose and your newsletter must be highlighted so people who follow your brand can subscribe to receive more updates.

Home Page :

A lot can be done to your homepage to make it more informative & attractive. Add hero banner with prompt CTA buttons that syncs well with your store theme & branding. This banner should include info like free shipping, offers/deals like 50% off, etc. Below the hero banner, create categories for all your products in a slider that engages customers. Your Unique value proposition should be highlighted on your homepage. Add testimonial carousels, announcement bars, product slideshows, featured collections, display instagram feed and make your homepage SEO friendly to increase your site traffic and conversions.  Example of Nice Home page  

Collection Page :

Your customer views this page to have an in-depth view of the products and services you offer. Make sure this page has a creative banner to enhance the visual appeal of your store, product reviews of all the products in your store, infinite scrolling to increase page views,,2nd image on Hover,announcement bars for highlighting promotions, events, deals and product labels like % off, ‘New Arrival’, ‘Sold Out’, etc.  Example of Good Collection Page 

Product Page :

Add interactive and user-friendly features like custom swatches, product zoom in, product reviews, unique product titles/descriptions, cart drawer and a sticky cart with a sticky add to cart and buy now button. Example of Ideal Product Page 

I’d suggest you to try our all-in-one app, MS Complete Cart Customizer that also includes the Sticky Cart feature where your customers can easily see the total number of items in their cart right on the product page. This improves user experience as they don’t have to go back and forth from the product to the cart page and vice versa.

Cart Page :

Maybe offering gift wrapping on your cart page, allowing your customers to choose their preferred delivery date and time, include security trust badges and add notes like special delivery and packaging instructions can make them trust and love your brand way more. You can also install the all-in-one MS Complete Cart Customizer app If you want to get all these features and more in 1 app so you can easily reduce cart abandonment & improve conversions.

This page is the final step before your customers check out from your store so it should be as impressive as any other page on your store.  Example of Good Functional Cart Page

Integrations on your store :

How do you plan to monitor your site performance and track conversions? 

Simply set up and integrate Google Analytics, Facebook Conversion tracking and Google Search Console with your store and get to know who is visiting your store, their demographics, which of your Facebook page viewer converts into your buyer and your store’s ranking, impressions & clicks  on Google. 

Besides these tracking methods, make sure the following is included on your store:

1. Include live chat option that is visible on every page of your store to keep your customers happy and retain them.
  2. Update your site with all the policy documents -- the privacy policy, FAQ, terms and conditions, return and shipping policy templates and have a separate blog page.  Sample
  3. There needs to be a strong color coordination among all the colors used on your store. Try to use the same or similar colors used in your logo throughout your store and in the social media business page banner or cover picture you create.
  4. Create a sense of urgency with countdown timer, ‘only 1 left’ features  and promotional banners highlighting ‘sale expiry’.
  5. Ensure your store speed is optimized. You can do this by checking your google page speed score. Minify codes that are redundant or apps that are slowing down the site speed.  Make your site mobile-friendly. Sample
  6. Remove the ‘Powered by Shopify’ icon in the footer section to make your store look more professional.
  7. Optimize your user experience with easy navigation, proper spacing, alignment, font and color coordination.

Hopefully I managed to help you. Hope your store starts getting sales and conversions very shortly.

Good Luck :)

Sudipta 
MS Web Designer | Task4Store
20,000+ Tasks Completed | 1000+ Happy Clients

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @emmalou,
I went through your concern regarding the issues with store setup and woould like to suggest you with this Blog link: http://bit.ly/2GPJ8Ie
In case of any help needed, Feel free to connect

Regards.

Shopify Expert
Email: sarthakagarwal@cedcommerce.com
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Emma,

there has already been great feedback here, so I just want to add a couple of points:

• I would highly suggest to harmonize the product images to look more coherent. Currently, a lot of them have different background colors and white levels and gives the impression that the portfolio is somewhat random. Shopify recommends Pixelz ($25) to get your photos retouched, but I honestly would just recommend to watch a couple of Photoshop tutorials and do it yourself. Having Photoshop skills is essential to keep moving fast and independent.
  • Make the deals more obvious. The current deals badge is a little bit too small for my taste and might be hard to read. I would recommend to make it more obvious in order to show customers that there is something to look out for.
  • If you already have people put things into their cart and abandoning it, you can also consider using tools like Pushowl in order to convert those people into paying customers.

Wish you the best of luck!

Forgot to cancel your trials? Wish you would have more time? Trial Ninja helps!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
49 3 14

Hi @emmalou

As most of the points are already covered by other fellow members so here's one point that you may want to think about adding product reviews. Reviews are essential for any eCommerce store as it helps sell more and creates immediate trust with shoppers. Be sure to check out our review app. 

You can read more about our app here. And also see some of our display widgets in action on our demo site.

Hope this helps :)

Kind regards,

Yusuf | HelpfulCrowd Product Review App and Q&A

Turning More Shoppers Into Customers

0 Likes
Highlighted

Overall a great site but some tweaks I would look at is...

Homepage Feedback

1. I would clean up the design of your homepage and feature less products. Only feature a few product and focus on making them standing out

2. Add something around who you are and an about us page. Would make your store more human. People like buying from other people

3. Make sure the main product images for each product has the same theme / style as some have white vs non-white background right now. This is going to help tie your site together when people are looking at your collection pages

4. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. Jewellery Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

Product Page  Feedback

1. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof and makes it easier for people to trust your brand. Ask past customers for reviews is a great way to get this started

2. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
0 Likes