Store Feedback

MrPuzzleHead
Tourist
10 0 1

Hello everyone,

Hope everyone is staying safe! I wanted find out if i can get some store feedback.

Mr Puzzle Head's - Jigsaw Puzzles

Thanks

0 Likes
Daniel808
Explorer
57 2 19

To go from $10 puzzles to $3-500 collectable statues was... unexpected. I'd consider separate sites for each niche.

0 Likes
MrPuzzleHead
Tourist
10 0 1

>I'd consider separate sites for each niche.

Please clarify " each niche"?  We sell Jigsaw Puzzles, Toys & Games. You think i should make another website just for Toys & Games? 

0 Likes
Daniel808
Explorer
57 2 19

Well, yeah. It's more to do with the price range and potential customers. The focus of your store is puzzles, thats the name, logo and first thing you see when visiting your site. 

Lets say you are a customer looking for puzzles, they visit your site and find puzzles.. great. Are they likely to impulse purchase a $300 figure to add to their $10 puzzle? Unlikely.

Lets say you are a customer looking for collectable figures, they go to your site (how would they even end up on a puzzle site?) and all they can see (initially) is puzzles. Do you think they will even stay on the site long enough to realise you have expensive figures? If so, do you think they will buy expensive figures from a jigsaw puzzle shop?

Not only that but the puzzles and figures have nothing to do with each other. The puzzles are varied, generic images. The figures are focused pop culture collectables, they're just so different. Perhaps if it was kids jigsaw puzzles with kids toys then it would work.

Its kind of like walking into mcdonalds and seeing a $100 steak on the menu. You weren't expecting it, you're unlikely to buy it, and people who do want a steak aren't going to mcdonalds.

0 Likes
MrPuzzleHead
Tourist
10 0 1

In theory I agree with what your saying!

On average the jigsaw puzzles over power the collectibles in sales. 

We get about 100 orders daily for puzzles and about 20-40 orders for collectibles.

Thank you for honest critique!

0 Likes
neha-sparq
Shopify Partner
1957 124 434

Hey Mr Puzzle Head,

"A lot of items" on the homepage makes the site view quite "cumbersome and clumsy". In addition, you need some modifications as well to achieve a more"professional store look".The below-mentioned points might help:

1. The position of the "Logo and Sidelinks"(Login, wishlist, etc) should be interchanged with the position of the " Yellow Header Menu and Search Bar" for a well-organized header look.
  2. Similarly, the position of "all the footer links" needs to be interchanged with the "Instagram gallery" to promote a better footer look.
  3. All the other components like "Gift cards, Closeout sale, New Arrivals" etc should also be a part of the yellow header menu itself to avoid the header from looking complicated.
  4. The addition of a "professional central banner" would impart a "decent site view".
  5. "Gift cards, Puzzle pieces, Puzzle themes and Toy and Games" can be collectively named as "Collections" in the header menu. 
  6. The order of arrangement of all the header menu elements is as follows: Home, Collections, New Arrivals, Closeout sale, Shop By Artist and Blog.
  7. "About us, Contact us and Policies" are already a part of the footer hence should be eliminated from the header menu.
  8. The addition of alternate payment gateways apart from "Gpay" would help in offering different options to the customers to pay according to their requirements.
  9. A "BUY NOW" Button is an instant "Call to Action" which when added helps in simplifying the checkout process.
  10. "Product photographs should be taken from different angles as they are the ambassadors sharing the promise of your products online"
  11. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  12. Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  13. Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

Best of luck for the coming days! May there be showers of success.

Neha :) 

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
Aizada
Shopify Partner
385 34 156

Hi @MrPuzzleHead 

Thank you:) I hope you are safe and healthy as well.

I love the variety of puzzles you offer. The more options you have the bigger the chances to sell. 

There is honestly nothing I would change on your site. It is dynamic, colorful and fun it is. The punch of blue greatly resonates with your logo and ypur brand overall. 

Here are a couple of things that will help you level up: 

1) The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand on it? Does that mean the product is bad? 

Instead of giving discount for nothing, give them as rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.

2) Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer

3)  The one thing I recommend is replacing the Instagram gallery to one that comes from app, that way when clicked on the post people will not be redirected to the Instagram app itself. We all know how distracting that is :)

For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  Growave.

We have 10 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts etc. 

There is a free plan available also, we are offering an extended trial on the COVID-19 period. 

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post. 

Take care and stay healthy <3

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more 

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
MrPuzzleHead
Tourist
10 0 1

For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  Growave.

We have 10 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts etc. 

Thanks for the review....and the sales pitch to your app.  We currently offer: Reviews, Wishlist and social login + discounts. 

I looked at your app and currently it wouldn't fit-in with our angle of things. Your pricing plans are way over the top. 

Thanks again

0 Likes
Aizada
Shopify Partner
385 34 156

You are welcome<3 

As for the prices, since we offer a 9 features instead of one, the price does pay off:) It can replace at least 3 essential  apps that are usually used on sites. 

We do offer free plan as well. It includes Social Login, Wishlist and Reviews. 

Enjoy your day! 

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more 

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
MrPuzzleHead
Tourist
10 0 1

So if i used your app, what percentage of sales do you think we would gain? How many orders a day or weekly do you think your app would help us?

0 Likes