Store Feedback

Highlighted
2 0 1

Hello, can someone take a look at my store and let me know what you think?

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 1
Fit-garden.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
178 26 109

Hi @fit-garden

Great start on your website! You’ve put a lot of hard work into your store, and it shows. 

(One quick thing first - don’t forget about the favicon!) 

Let’s start on the homepage.  While I like your hero image, it doesn’t represent your products well. When I originally saw your store, I thought you were selling things for more like long distance running and cycling. When I go to your products, however, it’s more general fitness related. 

Have you tested out focusing on the collections on the homepage rather than the products themselves? For example, equipment, men’s apparel, women’s apparel, etc.

Visitor behavior tools, such as heatmaps (to see where people click) and session recordings (to watch what happened during a visit) can help you evaluate your current page and any changes you make. I would be curious where people stop scrolling on the page and how they click.

Moving on to navigation, heatmaps will help you see which area of the menu bar needs work. Pages like Track Order and Help Center may need to be kept on the footer rather than the main navigation.

The catalog needs some work. Dividing it by New Arrivals, Hot Right Now and Best Sellers doesn’t help a customer find a product. Customers are on your site to find a specific product, and it may not be a best seller or new arrival. Like I mentioned earlier, find categories that represent the products. 

Product Pages

I’m on the Elastic Resistance Bands page. A few things I noticed:

• Separate door anchors from the resistance bands to make it clear these aren’t the same product. Maybe sell them as a set, but I wouldn’t lump them together as one product. Visitors who don’t know what to buy won’t understand the difference. If you used session recordings, you would actually see what people are doing on your site and how they use product pages like this one. 
  • Instead of showing pictures to order, why not just have a drop down with Black - 30 lb (and so on)? Whenever you add a step to ordering, it can reduce conversions. 
  • When would a visitor want a 30 pound or a 15 pound resistance band? This is your time to shine! Add in advice and a guide for beginners. 
  • Add in free shipping! I had to find it under FAQs. Get that out in front of your customers! 
  • I like your guarantee, but make sure your “contact us” is linked.

Customer Contact
That leads me to this, how customers will contact you. In your FAQs, I found an email address that didn’t match your brand.  

FiT Garden.png

It’s different even within the same FAQ page: 

FiT Garden2.png

That inconsistency may make some visitors question your site, which is the last thing you want! 

Now on to your Contact Us page (which is misspelled in the footer). I like that you have a contact form, but get rid of the phone number ASAP. Customers don’t like leaving their phone number, even if it’s optional. It can chase away visitors with questions!

Speaking of which, you need a live chat. There’s no way around. If visitors have questions, live chat will let you answer their questions while they are still on your site. That can make a huge difference in saving a sale from someone who is confused or needs answers. 

In the end, visitor behavior is going to be your key here. When you have questions about why people aren’t checking out. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, live chat and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at $10/month.

I hope this helps! I’m excited to see how your business grows. Good luck!

Cheers -
Danny

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
41 2 11

Hi @fit-garden 

Great work with your store!

Some things you should consider: 

- Your Privacy Policy seems like a non-edited template, with a lot of info that needs to be filled in & edited, still in brackets, e.g. [[INSERT DESCRIPTIONS OF OTHER TYPES OF TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES USED]] & The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of [[INSERT AGE]] etc

- In your Refund Policy you mention products like giftcards, CDs, software... You don't sell such items in your store, so you should customize the refund policy to your selling items

- There are 2 different email addresses used: support@alidropstore.com &  support@alidrop-demo-1.com. In any case, it's better to always use a business (@fit-garden.com) email address, as it is highly important for building trust with potential customers . Here is a guide on how to create a free business email address: https://askbeat.com/blog/free-business-email-for-shopify-store

- Contact us page: There is a typo -> Conatct Us (both in footer and link of the page). It would also be nice to add a contact email, address & phone in your contact page. Having contact information on your website, creates a sense of credibility and trust for potential customers. 

- I didn't manage to find the size guides for the different product categories (e.g. size guide for t-shirts, leggings)

- In all your catalog sub-menus (Best sellers, New arrivals & Hot right now), some more filters (to be more accurate: product categories) are needed, e.g. "accessories" or "training gear" for fitness pedals, hip trainer, elastic bands etc. Moreover, if you click on a filter, then there is just one product present: I would expect that a filter / product category would contain & display more than just one product when selected...

- Share buttons for products are only available in mobile, they do not display on desktop

- Since you serve EU customers, don't forget to add a cookies management tool, so that all cookies (except for the strictly necessary ones) are blocked and not set on users devices prior to getting their explicit consent.

- Audit your website. In chrome: go to your website -> Right click -> Inspect -> Audits -> Generate your reports for desktop and mobile performance, accessibility, best practices & seo. It seems that there is room for improvements on performance, which rates rather low.

It goes without saying that you should always ask your paying customers for post-purchase feedback, so to build loyalty, increase retention, solve problems promptly and get them to recommend your store to friends and family. You can try our app to send your customer satisfaction nps surveys (https://apps.shopify.com/askbeat-nps-feedback) or search in the store for post purchase survey apps that suit your needs (https://apps.shopify.com/search?q=post-purchase+surveys

Good luck with your store!

Maria

AskBeat Customer Feedback- Easy Feedback NPS Surveys
Post-Purchase feedback & Abandoned Checkout email surveys
AskBeat Smart Recommendations- Easy AI Recommendations
Related Products AI Recommendations: Cross sell & Boost sales

Visit our Blog: https://askbeat.com/blog
0 Likes