Store Feedback

Highlighted
5 0 0

Good morning all. I would love to get some feedback on our store Southern Finery. We have been driving traffics through paid ads with Google and Facebook which is generating around 100 hits per day at $.38 per click.  However, we have not been converting well.  Any feedback would greatly be appreciated!

www.SouthernFinery.com

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey @southernfinery,

Sorry to hear, that has to be really discouraging. When you put money in, you definitely want a return on your investment, so I feel for you.

When choosing where to advertise, it's important to know who your target audience is and then spend your advertising dollars where your target audience spends their time. When I look at your products, the models in the photos, it doesn't say "Facebook" to me. This age demographic is more Instagram. Having high amounts of traffic isn't a good thing if it's the wrong kind of traffic. 

As a first time visitor, I found the product selection overwhelming. I can tell you've spent a lot of time organizing but I'll tell you from a first-time visitors perspective what I see. 

southern-menu.png

You have the state collection, which when I click is mens and womens mixed, however you don't know that until you've hovered over the product. Because there is no difference in that main photo between men and womens, it looks like you have duplicate photos. If you want to make that distinction clear, I would use the second photo (when you mouse over) as my main photo.

southern-product.png

Next, you have ladies state tees which is the same thing I've seen on this page except now all of the states are on this page. Same goes for mens as well. I prefer the organization you have on this page because chances are, someone has a state in mind and doesn't want to sift through pages of shirts to find the state they are looking for.

southern-states.png

I wont go into detail about every section but overall, better organization and not repeating same products within different categories and perhaps even pairing down on your selection would really help the visitor find their way around. Especially when you are running ads that features one product, if they come to the site and want to see what other designs you have, you want to make it as easy as possible for them to find similar products. An example of this is on your Holiday Favorites link you have mens,  womens and kids all in there. If I was a woman that saw your ad and clicked and wanted to see other designs, I don't want to sift through mens and childrens to find what I am looking for. Keep the visitor in mind when organizing these things.

My last piece of advice is to spend some time on your SEO. The most important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience. We hear from a lot of store owners A LOT that they get a lot of traffic but no conversions. We’ve created a video walking you through how to do your SEO properly so that you can target your intended audience:

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up!

PS: If you need some graphics for your store for Black Friday, we just released a free pack. They look like this:

bf2020-forums.png

They come in 4 different colors and have percentage variations ranging from 20%-80% off. You can download them for free when you sign up for our email list.

Enjoy!

FREE CHRISTMAS GRAPHICS FOR YOUR STORE
Store Banners & Pop-ups!
8 Store Banners • 8 Store Pop-Up Graphics • Percentage Off Variations Ranging from 20% - 75% off
Download for FREE!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
34 2 12

Hello @southernfinery, I hope you are doing fine!

Congratulations on your store!

Your store looks absolutely amazing no doubt there, the home page and layout visuals everything is great. But I was disappointed that you don't have a favicon and also the footer is very huge, I hope you'll fix them soon. Other than that I'd suggest if you try and make your store more engaging, introduce some offers. One thing that I found odd is that your product titles and their description don't live up to the store's amazing look, if the description is a little more organized it'd help customers understand better about the product. Lastly the product title a good product title should have all the essential information about the product take Amazon’s product titles for example. 

When I was exploring your store I didn't find a proper description for any product, and also no review section, customers usually find reviews and product descriptions helpful before purchasing any product and also it's an essential part for building the trust of the customers.

Moreover, I have checked the On-Page SEO rating of your website which isn’t good enough. You might want to work on that along with the products which have useless meta description as meta description and SEO rating vastly impact your store visibility on google and other possible interaction places. Also, the meta description plays an important role in attracting the right kind of traffic ultimately resulting in better sales.

I’d really suggest you try Descrii, they provide titles, descriptions, and meta descriptions for your products that’ll help your website to climb high in search rankings and ultimately gain more traffic and conversion. 

I hope this helps. 

Have a nice day!

0 Likes