Store Layout Support

baberr02
Tourist
12 0 1

I am new to this online business stuff and was wanting to know if anyone would be generous enough to look over my website and give me a little feedback on why I may not be making any sales? I launched back in April and haven't had much success. PLEASE HELP! ANYONE!  

0 Likes

Please send me your store url to my email so I can take a look.

0 Likes
baberr02
Tourist
12 0 1

what is your email?

my URL is www.piinkplushboutique.com

0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
847 108 280

Hello @baberr02,

Welcome to Shopify and congratulations on launching your store! Sorry to hear you aren't getting the sales you had hoped, I've taken a look through your store and have some feedback for you that will hopefully give some insight as to why this is happening.

screencapture-piinkplushboutique-2021-04-28-10_05_34.png

First, your stores first impression.

When you are choosing colors, fonts, the overall look and feel of your website, you have to put personal preference aside and instead design your website around what would appeal to your target audience. Some of the color choices such as the yellow background contrasted by the white product photos are hard on the eyes. If you want to add pops of color, it's best to do it on things like buttons, link colors and your navigation bar. When you start changing background colors and font colors, it quickly becomes too much and starts taking away from where the focus should be - on your products.

screencapture-piinkplushboutique-collections-all-2021-04-28-10_37_04.png

Next, your banner. this area is prime real estate for selling. One of the keys of selling is getting inside your customers head, what problem do they have that you can solve? What words or phrases do they use that you can as well to show that you understand their needs. We recommend having a professional photo of your products (check), a title introducing your brand or product,  a line of text underneath that expands on your title and a call to action button such as "Shop Now". Here is an example:

macarons-04.png

Next, your products. As you know, children's clothing can be purchased offline in hundreds retail stores as well as online through thousands and thousands of online stores. When a person is searching for a dress or a pair of shoes in Google, big companies with massive marketing budgets are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers. A person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. An example of this might be if you offer local pickup and delivery, your "reason" as to why people should purchase from you vs the other guy is because you are local and a lot of people are passionate about shopping local and you can get them their product a lot faster. There are a lot of things that make your clothing unique so I would think about all your "whys" and what sets you apart and use that in your marketing and on the text on your store.

In closing there are two things I'd recommend:

1. Start local to get those first few sales. Offer free local delivery and provide excellent customer service. Encourage buyers to leave reviews. You can advertise in Local Facebook Buy & Sell groups or get into Markets when they open (you can use your Shopify store to accept payments in person).

Online, you can expand your sales channels and promote your products on Google Shopping using the AllFetch Google Shopping Feed app (it's free). It allows you to easily syncing your products from your Shopify store to the Google Merchant Center.

2. For future products for your shop, a good product choice should have these qualities:

1. High demand. Look for "problem fixing products".
  2. Not easily accessible. Look for products that are not available in stores or online through big retailers or Amazon.
  3. Popular. Look for trending products.
  4. Good profit margin. We recommend 3x what the product costs you.

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. You can email us at ecomgeeksco@gmail.com for more information.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

0 Likes